Start by marking “The Unborn” as Want to Read:
The Unborn

The Unborn

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Unknown Binding, 311 pages
Published January 1st 1981 by Simon & Schuster (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about The Unborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unborn

Mullmuzzler
Este libro estuvo muy de moda en los 80s cuando yo era niño, recuerdo que siempre me intrigó leerlo, hasta que por fin lo encontré usado en una librería a un precio casi regalado.

Es un thriller sumamente entretenido el cual a pesar de lo inverosímil de la historia, es muy bien llevado y jusitificado dentro de ese mundo de ficción donde se observa esa paranoia que al parecer era muy común en esa época, en donde se pensaba que las computadoras podrían ser tan inteligentes como el ser humano y que
Kaine Andrews
It's very difficult to take this book seriously. Perhaps it's just more a product of its time than I can stomach, or perhaps my own familiarity with computers and what they can (and can't) realistically do - let alone what they could do 30+ years ago - renders me unable to stretch my belief far enough to find something of value here. Whatever the reason, I found myself shrieking at this book, throwing my hands in the air and saying "Oh, jeez, that is so stupid!" almost constantly.

The premise: Sa
CasualDebris
The Unborn is a standard suspense/horror novel, lacking in suspense and almost devoid of horror. At times it reads like a trite medical romance. It deals with a pregnant woman engaging in a medical sleep study, whose foetus begins to communicate with the medical centre's super computer. An interesting, far-fetched idea.

The unusual premise and medical slant help to save an otherwise bland novel. The writing, characters and plot are weak, and though it is a fast read, a third of the 301 pages coul
Dave Jones
This is a science fiction story not a yet-another demon spawn horror thriller. A pregnant woman becomes involved in a scientific study in which she is hooked up to a computer. The baby and the computer interact to the point where the computer teaches the baby. Good read.
Melissa
I remember reading this is jr. high and giving a book report on it in front of the class. I cannot say how it would hold up to me now (nor do I really feel like re-reading it to find out), but at the time, I thought it was pretty awesome.
Sara
You can really tell this book was written in the late 70s early 80s. I read it because it had a good review on the back cover by Stephen King. All in all it was pretty good when you get past the fact it is so dated.
Niki Lombard richardson
I accidentally took this book from the Akron Public Library System when I moved to North Carolina. In retrospect, I was probably too young to be reading it anyway.
Tina
Slow paced, but quite rivetting. Some of the characters did my head in, found they were irellevant to the plot.
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Demonkittie (Amy)
Demonkittie (Amy) marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Onurius
Onurius marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Jcluna
Jcluna added it
Dec 31, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
  • Annabelle
  • Carnival of Fear (Ravenloft, #6)
  • Virgins
  • Finding God in the Lord of the Rings
  • The Book of Christmas (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Phantoms Afoot: Helping the Spirits Among Us
  • Magical Justice (The Enchanted World Series)
  • The Killing Gift