Start by marking “The Crimson Claw (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Crimson Claw (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles, #2)

The Crimson Claw (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles #2)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  265 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The master reptilian Viis beat, sell, and kill at whim the Abiru slaves they rule. But their corruption is destroying them. And Ampris--a slave forced to fight as a gladiator--will powerfully lead the fight for her oppressed people.
Published October 1st 1998 by Ace (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Crimson Claw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crimson Claw

Althea Ann
This is the second book in the "Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles" trilogy. To tell you the truth, I have no idea what Lucasfilm's involvement in this story was. I assumed they were intended to be made into an animated feature, but on the author's website, it states that "they were never intended to be filmed" (and moreover, that she's never even met George Lucas). So I don't know. They have nothing whatsoever to do with Star Wars, anyway.
I read the first book in this series, "The Golden One" shortly
Noel Thingvall
Excellent continuation of the first volume, sweeping and gripping, takes the story off in some very unexpected directions.
Searska GreyRaven
Part two doesn't disappoint. ^_^ Rare, for a trilogy.
Liked book 1 a lot. Liked this book even more. I am about to read book 3. Looking forward to finding out how exiled leader Ampris and the Viis princess Israi are going to interact. I think the series is exciting and recommend it highly, especially to scifi lovers.
Fast-paced, heart-wrenching and all encompassing. You will lose yourself in these three books. They will linger in your mind and heart for a great while after reading. One of the few books I haven't given away after reading.
I listened to the audiobook of Book 1. Ampris becomes the leader of the top gladiator team and tries to use her position to build a network dedicated to freedom for the abiru from domination by the Viis.
The second in the series. Ampris is fighting as a gladiator, joined up with Elrabin. Israi is impatiently waiting to take the throne. I do wish some parts were expanded on, but otherwise a good second novel.
Nikki Kelly
Awesome sci-fi story with a very emotional side to it. I love the characters and the creatures are quite unique
Kadja Draenor
Keeps as good as the first, if not even a little better.
Haylee Jade
Haylee Jade marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Steve Cox
Steve Cox marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Ryan marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Leosharkie marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
  • Firebird Trilogy (#1 - 3)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 08
  • Heart Of The Tiger (Wing Commander 4)
  • Manta's Gift
  • TekMoney (TekWar, #7)
  • The Stars Down Under (The Outback Stars #2)
  • Phylogenesis (Founding of the Commonwealth, #1)
  • Contamination (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #16)
  • The Year's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Fifth Annual Collection
  • Chanur's Endgame (Compact Space, #4-5) (Alliance-Union Universe)
  • Riverworld and other stories
  • Freedom Flight (Wing Commander, #1)
  • Hyperion / The Fall of Hyperion / Endymion / Rise of Endymion
  • Fables: The Deluxe Edition, Book Four
  • Changelings
The internationally published, award-winning author of 41 novels, Deborah Chester has written Regency romances, historical romances, young adult, science fiction, and fantasy. She is a tenured professor of professional writing in the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Oklahoma, where she teaches novel and short story writing.
She holds a B.A. with General Hon
More about Deborah Chester...

LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Golden One (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles, #1)
  • The Crystal Eye (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles, #3)