Start by marking “The Crimson Claw (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Crimson Claw (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles, #2)

The Crimson Claw (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles #2)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  279 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The master reptilian Viis beat, sell, and kill at whim the Abiru slaves they rule. But their corruption is destroying them. And Ampris--a slave forced to fight as a gladiator--will powerfully lead the fight for her oppressed people.
Published October 1st 1998 by Ace (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Crimson Claw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crimson Claw

Acorna by Anne McCaffreyThe Pride of Chanur by C.J. CherryhThe Taking by Kimberly DertingA Fire Upon the Deep by Vernor VingeProtector by Larry Niven
Alien protagonists
65th out of 112 books — 36 voters
Green Fairy by Kyell GoldOut of Position by Kyell GoldThe Prince of Knaves by Alflor AaltoBy Sword and Star by Renee Carter HallForests of the Night by S. Andrew Swann
Furry Fiction
168th out of 210 books — 54 voters

More lists with this book...

Andi
Dec 01, 2015 Andi rated it it was ok
Wow, this series is going downhill fast.

I think the problem I have with it is that I just can't get into stories about animals with humanistic traits. (Which is strange because I enjoyed Disney Robin Hood...) Something is just off reading a story about cat people using lamps and all I do is sit there thinking, 'well, if there was no Tesla or Edison, how the fuck did this happen?' Which then makes me think about how this is a Lucasfilm book, so should I question it? BUT THEN: It's not in the same
Haylee Jade
Mar 02, 2016 Haylee Jade rated it it was amazing
this book is so incredible.
this is actually my second time reading this series, and i was worried it wouldn't be as good as i remembered (i read it for the first time when i was about 12) but to be honest this series has far surpassed my expectations.
the writing is just so good. the second installment is far more action packed than the first, fast paced, and covers a lot more time and reveals a lot more of ampris' and israi's world.
the one thing i absolutely love is that even though this book sp
Althea Ann
Sep 25, 2013 Althea Ann rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the "Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles" trilogy. To tell you the truth, I have no idea what Lucasfilm's involvement in this story was. I assumed they were intended to be made into an animated feature, but on the author's website, it states that "they were never intended to be filmed" (and moreover, that she's never even met George Lucas). So I don't know. They have nothing whatsoever to do with Star Wars, anyway.
I read the first book in this series, "The Golden One" shortly
Noel Thingvall
Jun 26, 2015 Noel Thingvall rated it it was amazing
Excellent continuation of the first volume, sweeping and gripping, takes the story off in some very unexpected directions.
Rezimoore
Nov 30, 2015 Rezimoore rated it it was amazing
i loved it and i am going to start on the third book
Searska GreyRaven
Sep 08, 2014 Searska GreyRaven rated it it was amazing
Part two doesn't disappoint. ^_^ Rare, for a trilogy.
O.
Jan 24, 2011 O. rated it really liked it
Liked book 1 a lot. Liked this book even more. I am about to read book 3. Looking forward to finding out how exiled leader Ampris and the Viis princess Israi are going to interact. I think the series is exciting and recommend it highly, especially to scifi lovers.
Terry
Jun 26, 2010 Terry rated it liked it
I listened to the audiobook of Book 1. Ampris becomes the leader of the top gladiator team and tries to use her position to build a network dedicated to freedom for the abiru from domination by the Viis.
Katie
Jul 09, 2011 Katie rated it it was amazing
The second in the series. Ampris is fighting as a gladiator, joined up with Elrabin. Israi is impatiently waiting to take the throne. I do wish some parts were expanded on, but otherwise a good second novel.
Nikki Kelly
Sep 10, 2007 Nikki Kelly rated it it was amazing
Awesome sci-fi story with a very emotional side to it. I love the characters and the creatures are quite unique
Amy Sjoquist
Enjoyed it more than the first book. Looking forward to the third.
Kadja Draenor
Jan 25, 2009 Kadja Draenor rated it liked it
Keeps as good as the first, if not even a little better.
Renee Hubert
Renee Hubert rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Chris W Sears
Chris W Sears is currently reading it
May 26, 2016
Patty
Patty rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Grey
Grey added it
May 17, 2016
Savi
Savi added it
May 14, 2016
Jessica Holloway
Jessica Holloway rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Patrick Cain
Patrick Cain rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Alan
Alan added it
Apr 24, 2016
Jacquie
Jacquie rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Rachel Lauren
Rachel Lauren rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Charity
Charity marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Georgann
Georgann rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Marleen Westli
Marleen Westli marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Carla And
Carla And rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
  • Manta's Gift
  • Firebird Trilogy (#1 - 3)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 07
  • Heart Of The Tiger (Wing Commander 4)
  • TekMoney (TekWar, #7)
  • The Stars Down Under (The Outback Stars #2)
  • Chanur's Endgame (Compact Space, #4-5) (Alliance-Union Universe)
  • Voices
  • The Year's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Fifth Annual Collection
  • The Howling Stones (Humanx Commonwealth, #16)
  • Freedom Flight (Wing Commander, #1)
  • A Separate War and Other Stories
  • Hyperion / The Fall of Hyperion / Endymion / Rise of Endymion
  • Changelings
The internationally published, award-winning author of 41 novels, Deborah Chester has written Regency romances, historical romances, young adult, science fiction, and fantasy. She is a tenured professor of professional writing in the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Oklahoma, where she teaches novel and short story writing.
She holds a B.A. with General Hon
More about Deborah Chester...

LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Golden One (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles, #1)
  • The Crystal Eye (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles, #3)