Start by marking “The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins, #3)

The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins #3)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  859 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Everyone at Sweet Valley Middle School has always said the Mercandy mansion is haunted. Strange lights flicker in the windows at night, and no one ever sees the owners come and go. So when Nora Mercandy moves into the run-down house, rumors spread fast. Jessica Wakefield and her friends are convinced that Nora is a witch. But Elizabeth, Jessica's identical twin, is certain...more
Published September 1st 1986 by Bantam (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Haunted House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Haunted House

Torment of Shadows by Chelsea BellingeriiFrankenstein by Bekka BlackNew England Witch Chronicles Boxed Set by Chelsea BellingeriDeath & the Zombie Apocalypse by Chelsea BellingeriMonster Club by Chelsea Bellingeri
Halloween - Young Adult
18th out of 34 books — 6 voters
The House at Pooh Corner by A.A.  MilneLittle House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls WilderThe Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales by Edgar Allan PoeSlaughterhouse-Five by Kurt VonnegutLittle House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Best "HOUSE" Books.
117th out of 169 books — 27 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica
Eh, didn't I just read this book? Seriously, this books came 3 books before the last one, but the plot was practically identical. Shun anyone who's different and not perfect like the Wakefield twins. Bitchiest middle school children ever.
Amanda
This story was an eye opener to how cruel and nasty Jessica Wakefield and her friends could be in this series. The thing that bothers me about this is that there were no repercussions to their actions and they never seem to learn from their experiences. There is also a lack of remorse in most of the books I've read. I was never as much of a fan of the Sweet Valley series as I was with The Babysitters Club and I think it was because the girls of the BSC were nicer and more relatable.
Lauren
I loved this series as a kid. Being an identical twin myself I was excited to read about the Wakefield twins. You could pick up from anywhere in the series and start reading them. It might have been better that way in case you expected continuity.
I started with this book about a local girl they bully because she doesn't fit in. This turned out to be a common plot in SVT and the high school books.
Even as a kid though I'd be disappointed when none of the books ever delivered on the supernatural p...more
Sheila Read
oh wow I read this one when I was just like 8 or so a matter of fact I was able to collect all of the series of sweet valley twins books but for some reason I left them somewhere. So I got some of them than I just gave them to my cousin which she didn't have any books to read.
Jodie
So hard to put any of these down, I just loved them so much. I just loved going to library sales and finding sweet valley books there. It was always a great treasure hunt.
TRACE.C
lila fowler is TRASH smh
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Erin

Read the drinking game and review here.
Megan Gray
My sixth grade best friend and I read this together. We scared ourselves silly by reading with only a flashlight.
Momjulia
I loved these books when I was in junior high! Great series, and this was one of my favorites.
Jen
Nov 19, 2009 Jen marked it as to-read
Shelves: suspense, youth
Picked this up at the school book fair today (11/19/09) for $1. Looks kind of cute!
Sally
Nora Mercandy was one of my favourite characters.
Justine
This book is just awesome!
Tom
Sep 30, 2010 Tom rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: mlm
:-)
Cws
JAR4-Pas
  • Mary Anne and the Search for Tigger (The Baby-Sitters Club, #25)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the...more
More about Francine Pascal...
Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins, #1) Double Love (Sweet Valley High, #1) Fearless (Fearless, #1) Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later Secrets (Sweet Valley High, #2)