Start by marking “My Big Animal Book” as Want to Read:
My Big Animal Book

My Big Animal Book (Priddy Books Big Ideas for Little People)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  359 ratings  ·  33 reviews
-Ideal for babies and toddlers.

-Stunning large format brings images to life.

-Helps to build a child's vocabulary.
Board Book, 12 pages
Published May 17th 2002 by Priddy Books

To ask other readers questions about My Big Animal Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Big Animal Book

Mallory
Yep. It's a big book of animals.

Categories are: baby animals, pets, on the farm, birds, at the zoo.

Only qualm is with the pets section, instead of just bird he writes parakeet why? All others on the two pages are specific. And personally I would have gone ferret or hamster over chinchilla.

Overall a solid board book. Simple bright pictures, and clear text. Little guy reaches for this one often.
Kristin
The genre of this book is a picture book, and is intended for children (N) birth to age five. This book has hard pages, and bright, colorful real-life photos of all types of animals. Each page has a category such as, Baby Animals, Pets, On the Farm, and so on. Under each photo is the name of what type of animal is in the picture. This is a great book to use to teach young children their animals. If your child is old enough where they can identify each animal, then you can move up to the more cha ...more
Angela
This is a great g t board book for reading time with my 7 month old. The book is large and so are the pictures. She loves the bright colors. Since there are not lots of words on each page wI just name off the animals and make animal noises and talk about each animal a little. Each animal is on a bright color square so we spend so e time on colors too. Fun book for little ones.
Emma
When I was little I was fascinated with the pictures of the animals, when I got older I tried to draw the animals... Love this book
Kiranmayee
My kids love it, and I use it for play time too, learning games.
Milo
Dec 23, 2012 Milo rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Milo by: Borrowed from Aunt Annika.
I like the book, but it doesn't keep my attention for too long. I am not really that interested in the animals. Mama asks me what the animals say, I tell her. But, I would rather look at a different book when Mama pulls this one out. Papa borrowed it from Aunt Annika hoping I would like the big pictures. Maybe if I were more into animals. But, right now I love backhoes, tractors, blinking lights and wooden pull dogs. I am not that into looking at pictures of animals.
Katlyn Pflederer
This book is great. Just a giant picture book which is great for teaching animal names. It is large though, it doesn't fit vertically on our bookshelf.
Ash
It is not as good as I imagined it would be. Many common animals are missing like squirrel or crow which we see daily in our life. Instead of including many common animals, the book has animals like Panda which a baby will see in a zoo and not everyday. Number of animals and pages is very less and not worth paying so many $$.
Robert
This is one of those books Fritz loves. Each page has numerous photographs of animals. The text asks a question of the reader to identify one of the animals on the page. Of course, when we read this book, lots of other questions are asked as Fritz likes to identify all the animals on each page over and over again.
Alice & Andrew
This is our favorite book right now. We read it over and over, with or without Mommy, and Andrew cries when Mommy says it's time to put it away. It is so fun to make all of the animal noises for the animals we know, and to point them out when mommy asks where they are. We're also learning about some new animals.
Mindy
My 10 month old LOVES gazing at all the pictures of animals. It's a short book, but that doesn't seem to bother him. He'll read it over and over and over with or without me.
Meg McGregor
You can use this book as a springboard to discuss all types of animals or make games out of identifying the animals. Your little ones will want it over and over again!
Lyn
This is a winner at our house. I like that photos of the real animals are used. Cute verses allow your child to point out an animal.
Robbie Bashore
My daughters absolute favorite when she was one. This was the first thing she looked for when she woke up in the morning.
Heather
My one-year-old loves this book because the pictures of the animals are big and I can make all the animal noises.
Katie
This book is great for babies, it introduces new (and non-normal) animals to your little one in big bright pictures!
Heather
An early favorite that Paul still likes. Made me realize how limited my animal noise repertoire is.
Lori
Dec 06, 2011 Lori rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: board
Perfect for my 15 month old grandson. Kindergarten and early first grade students would like it too.
Alicia
I like the bold colorful pictures that help make this book a good language builder for young children.
Hani Wahab
huge book full of cute animals! my son love it ^^
Madelyn
Sydney loved this book! I might even want to buy it - great way to learn to recognize animals.
Sandybear76
Lots of pictures per page and one question to go with it. cute toddler book.
Inspired Kathy
Lots and lots of pictures of different animals. Very colorful.
Kai
i really like the barn owl in this bok. i give him kisses.
Emerson
Very good book to learn words. Bright bold color photos.
Lorri
Xander loves to look at this book over and over again.
Gail
Big bright photos. Good for ages 0-1.5.
Gretchen
Kate is obsessed with this at 18 months old.
Amy
Nov 05, 2007 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: n-and-b
Great for teaching animals and animal sounds
Jill
I love looking at animal pictures.
  • I Spy Little Book
  • Where Is Baby's Mommy?: A Karen Katz Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Baby Animals
  • Baby Faces
  • What Makes a Rainbow? Mini edition (A Magic Ribbon Book)
  • Eight Silly Monkeys
  • A Dog Needs A Bone
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star: And Other Favorite Bedtime Rhymes
  • Black on White
  • Go, Train, Go!
Roger Priddy left school at 16 with just one qualification—in art. He went to Berkshire College of Art and Design and trained as an illustrator. His first job in children’s books was working with the publisher Peter Usborne, at Usborne Publishing, and then he worked with Peter Kindersley at Dorling Kindersley, where he spent 16 years. Priddy became Creative Director of DK’s Children’s Division and ...more
More about Roger Priddy...

Priddy Books Big Ideas for Little People (10 books)
  • My Big Animal and World Book: For Kids Who Really Love Animals and the World!
  • My Big Book of Everything
  • My Big Dinosaur Book
  • My Big Farm Book
  • My Big Rescue Book
  • My Big Truck Book
  • My Big Train Book
  • My Big Word Book (casebound)
  • My Big World Book
First 100 Words Bright Baby Animals Bright Baby First Words Fuzzy Bee and Friends B is for Bear