Start by marking “Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection” as Want to Read:
Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection

Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection

Van Praagh--the medium who has already revealed his amazing ability to communicate with the dead in his #1 New York Times bestseller Talking to Heaven--returns with a book that guides us in developing our own innate psychic abilities.
Published October 23rd 2001 by Free Press (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven and Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven and Earth

Lauraley Dilgard
Another wonderful book by James Van Praagh. I always enjoy his books and loved him when I met him at his book signing here in El Cajon, San Diego County WalMart. He was shorter then I thought he would be, he signed my book different then everyone elses, he said, "That's funny, I never signed that before". Maybe he put Good Luck instead of Love because he "knew" I was writing my book then. BTW his eyes are a beautiful blue they sparkle with kindness.
Jean
Jan 21, 2008 Jean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe this came out in 2001 and I am just getting around to reading it. But then again, I need it now which I am sure is why it is in my life at this moment. It was great and I am buying it. Anyone who knows me knows I don't just buy any book. I love my free books from the library but this needs to be in my collection for reference purposes. Awesome...
Oliver Rabacal
Apr 09, 2013 Oliver Rabacal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very nice practice on psychic phenomena, I have learned so much from this book of James van Praagh.
Karen Waldron
This book was a tough read. It was difficult to get into, and dragged along until about halfway through. As was mentioned in other reviews, there was so much story telling in the beginning, it seemed almost trite at times. Finally when he began actually discussing the subject at hand it became more interesting.
Victoria Farr
Oct 04, 2015 Victoria Farr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A recent thrift-store find! I'd listened to James on Hay House Radio in the past, and thought he sounded like a delightful spirit! Came across this and read it over a weekend on a whim...or perhaps more accurately-an intuition. Interesting stories about his life & career as a psychic, and VERY useful information about dealing with toxic energy/negative people in life.
Pete
Jan 08, 2015 Pete rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok, but I have read other books on the subject that I enjoyed more. After a few of his stories, they all seemed very convenient and/or too perfect to be really believable. As for the practical advice, I mostly skimmed through it.
Isabella Blaco
I enjoyed this one. Van Praagh has always been a straight shooter with his writing so if you believe in psychic mediums, he is a great read. He doesn't try to sell religion or beliefs, he simply tells his story which is a refreshing change!
Kayla Hemmerle
I can't say I liked this book, I can't say I disliked it either. I was expecting to get more out of it, but it seemed to leave me with more questions than answers. I found the book interesting but as the book progressed, it was becoming harder for me to get bought into.
I like the meditations and excercises he tends to put in the last few chapters of his books, but I just skim through everything else. There are far more interesting books on the subject such as those by Rosemary Altea or Sonia Choquette.
Linda T.
Mar 02, 2008 Linda T. rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this one! James Van Praagh is the real deal as far as I am concerned.
Pat
Nov 18, 2013 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written and full of good suggestions. Helps to understand Psychic from his personal experience. I will reread it.
Andrea Lewis
May 06, 2014 Andrea Lewis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written with practical information.
Linda
Dec 29, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some good information from James Van Praagh and a comfort for those who have lost a loved one. Each time I read it, I discover something new.
Leroy
Nov 28, 2007 Leroy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing so far. Its tough breaking preconcieved notions of psyhics.
Lisa Steinmetz
Jul 04, 2011 Lisa Steinmetz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Book very enlightening :)
Pattik
Sep 24, 2008 Pattik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good book
Kim
Jan 20, 2015 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: life-after-life
Perhaps it will be of more interest to me at another time.
Lina
Mar 08, 2008 Lina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Praagh's books have helped me heal the mourning of several dear friends.
Benjamin Barnes
thought the best part was when he was talking about the psychic desolation left over from deforsestation and the felling of sadness
Tianna Hyatt
Aug 16, 2012 Tianna Hyatt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most helpful in understanding death.
Stacey Latkowski
Stacey Latkowski rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2012
Triplecat
Triplecat rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2013
Jennerbender Cochrum
Jennerbender Cochrum rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2009
Terence
Terence rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2012
Karrie
Karrie rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Bernardo Serra
Bernardo Serra rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2012
Corrina Gardner
Corrina Gardner rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2015
sharon b bacon
sharon b bacon rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2015
Ken Hollern
Ken Hollern rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Linda Lipko
Linda Lipko rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2015
  • God, Creation, and Tools for Life (Journey of the Soul, #1)
  • The Barn Dance
  • The Eagle and the Rose: A Remarkable True Story
  • The Hope: A Guide to Sacred Activism
  • We Are Their Heaven: Why the Dead Never Leave Us
  • When Ghosts Speak: Understanding the World of Earthbound Spirits
  • Hello from Heaven: A New Field of Research-After-Death Communication Confirms That Life and Love Are Eternal
  • Divine Guidance: How to Have a Dialogue with God and Your Guardian Angels
  • We Don't Die: George Anderson's Conversations with The Other Side
  • A Book of Angels: Reflections on Angels Past and Present, and True Stories of How They Touch Our L ives
  • The Search for a Soul: Taylor Caldwell's Psychic Lives
  • Violet Flame To Heal Body, Mind And Soul (Pocket Guide to Practical Spirituality)
His very natural, easy-going style would lead you to believe that James Van Praagh is chatting with a friend on the telephone, not communicating messages from the grave. James is a survival evidence medium, meaning that he is able to bridge the gap between two planes of existence, that of the living and that of the dead, by providing evidential proof of life after death via detailed messages. "I'm ...more
More about James Van Praagh...