Start by marking “Your Pregnancy For The Father-to-be: Everything Dads Need To Know About Pregnancy, Childbirth, And Getting Ready For A New Baby” as Want to Read:

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Pregnancy is a thrilling adventure for a couple. Although most of the attention is directed at moms-to-be, the nine months of pregnancy can be an exciting, moving experience for a man as he faces and deals with the many emotional and physical changes the time brings.Filled with sound advice and practical tips, Your Pregnancy for the Father-to-Be explores the important role ...more
Published February 5th 2003 by Da Capo Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Your Pregnancy For The Father-to-be, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Pregnancy For The Father-to-be

Cindy
More concise than the book for expectant mothers. Derek read it and found portions of it to be interesting. I read a dozen or so pregnancy books and this one got him up to speed so that he could understand me spewing forth what all I was reading.
Gary McDowell
Rather disappointing. Talks down to new dads, assumes I'm an idiot. My wife's books are better.
Margaret
Jul 22, 2009 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fathers-to-be, or fathers of infants
Shelves: own, favorites
From my husband:

Organization makes sense. Good chronologically, do not have to read all at once.

Easy to read, not too much medical jargon. Explanations were in a understandable format.

Wording in general was easy to read, not like a text book.

Inserts of real life examples and humorous events keep the book interesting. Not just about the pregnant woman, but also things to think about when baby comes home.

Useful information, that as a male, he did not know about. Good explanations about the fe
Rodolfo
Quite a good book about the basics. I started reading it soon after my wife's pregnancy was confirmed and since it was our first pregnancy well I had a lot to learn. The book was able to fill this basic gap of knowledge that I had. It is not too detailed on some topics where I wish more guidance were given and the challenges we faced were also unfortunately not in the book. Finally, it is a bit "touchy feely" with a lot of focus on "feelings" and though I understand they are important, I would h ...more
Mark Bratkowski
This was a good introduction to pregnancy when I was scared stiff at the idea of my wife having a baby! Designed for the male reader, takes into consideration that many guys are clueless about pregnancy, and in my case they were right. I have since graduated to a more comprehension manual on pregnancy which assumes that its audience is women. I like having both perspectives, even if the manual for women does frighten me at times!
Joseph
Unless you are a complete idiot you might be able to skip this book... My wife got this for me for $4 at the store and while there are some good things in it, there are a lot of things that are just common sense stuff. The most important stuff at least for me was learning about the college tuition set ups and those types of things that I should get in contact with my advisor right away. It is a good book to read though.
Richard
My first full read of a pregnancy book. It gave a good overview of the process with things to keep in mind before and after the baby arrives. Potential complications and a brief description of the possible tests for the mom to be are covered as well. I would have liked some more details about the baby's development over the tri-semesters.
Randall
Condescending. Not a great target for conscientious fathers-to-be or even semi-intellectual types. There has to be better options for new dads than this. Probably part of the issue is that I read this before child two, so it comes off really daftly.
Ryan Mac
Overall, this was a higher level, concise pregnancy book for new fathers. There wasn't as much in this book specifically for fathers but more of an overview of what is happening, what she is going through and how you should be considerate.
Dane Jackson
While it offers up a good picture for the Dad to be and the roles he will have before, during, and after childbirth, I would have preferred it have a little more substance in terms of what the Mom to be experiences as well.
Greg Bolt
The first of many books that I plan to read in preparation for my baby (coming in a little over a month)
Justin Brown
A good read about what being a father will entail and how to plan for it.
Valerie Mckee
Valerie Mckee marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Dustiehouston
Dustiehouston marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Robin
Robin is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2014
Lindsay Burch
Lindsay Burch marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Travis
Travis added it
Apr 26, 2014
Misschenhouse
Misschenhouse is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Your Pregnancy Week by Week Bouncing Back After Your Pregnancy: What You Need To Know About Recovering From Labor And Delivery And Caring For Your New Family Your Pregnancy Week by Week Your Pregnancy Week by Week Your Pregnancy 6th ed+Your Baby's First Year 2nd ed: Week by Week Gift Set