Start by marking “The New Time Travelers: A Journey to the Frontiers of Physics” as Want to Read:
The New Time Travelers: A Journey to the Frontiers of Physics

The New Time Travelers: A Journey to the Frontiers of Physics

The story of physicists' quest to answer a mind-boggling question: How can we travel through time?

Since H. G. Wells' 1895 classic The Time Machine, readers of science fiction have puzzled over the paradoxes of time travel. What would happen if a time traveler tried to change history? Would some force or law of nature prevent him? Or would his action produce a "new" histo
Published July 1st 2007 by W. W. Norton & Company

To ask other readers questions about The New Time Travelers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Time Travelers

Ryan Bailey
Jul 05, 2016 Ryan Bailey rated it really liked it
I really liked this. This non-fiction book about time travel walked me through both the physics and the history behind the scientific community's best understanding of time travel. I learned about the various kinds of possible methods for time travel, the possible paradoxes and how to get around them, and some of the things we learned the universe by trying to figure this stuff out.
The highlight was the final chapter, which I could read ten more times without unpacking it all the way. A couple o
Crystal Lynn Kamm
Oct 13, 2015 Crystal Lynn Kamm rated it liked it
This book was a detailed study of time travel, but I was disappointed that it barely followed through on its promise to connect science with science fiction. Some parts of it were comprehensive, but there is very little I can do with what I've learned. (I'm a science enthusiast, but not a scientist, only a writer.) If you have reasons for reading this that are NOT "I'm writing a scifi novel about time travel, someone help!" you may enjoy this more.
Matt Shuttleworth
Matt Shuttleworth marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Efi
Efi marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Anne Scott
Anne Scott marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
GingerWizark
GingerWizark marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Mark Davess
Mark Davess marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Dareen
Dareen marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Grace Morris
Grace Morris is currently reading it
Oct 31, 2016