Start by marking “Falling Stars (Shooting Stars, #5)” as Want to Read:
Falling Stars (Shooting Stars, #5)

Falling Stars (Shooting Stars #5)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  2,091 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Four talented girls from vastly different pasts share a dream of stardom. The four meet at the prestigious Senetsky School of the Performing Arts - housed in an ornate New York mansion - and become instant friends as they take off on a dazzling whirlwind of intense classes, theatre outings and parties.
Published December 1st 2005 by Pocket, (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Falling Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Stars

Delicious Strawberry
Cinnamon and Ice were okay. Rose and Honey were terrible. I was hoping this book might be better and the ghostwriter would give up on these miniseries and go back to full family series (which he never truly did, as future series were awful) and I was eager to see what would happen in this culmination of the Shooting Stars series. I wanted to see what would happen to the girls at Madame Senetsky's school.

However, this series isn't even focused on family secrets or anything. At least not the girl'
Charles Appleberry
An okay book. Not a lot of suspense, evil mean relatives, nothing of the sort.Cinnamon the first of 4 main characters. She is an aspiring actress comes to the Senetsky school of the performing arts along with. The second is Ice; she's the shy girl who doesn't talk much, but sings like angel. Rose is the girl whose father committed suicide to unburden himself from the son his wife and daughter never knew he had. Luckily Rose became close with her wheelchair-bound half brother Evan, who recognized ...more
Kris
When I read these novels back in the day I would have given them 3-3.5 STARS and now would say about one Star

I started reading VC Andrews books in the 1991 and stopped about 2003.

I have read:
-Hudson Series
-Shooting Stars Series
-DeBeers Series
-Broken Wings Series

As a preteen reading these novels was a rebellion and the gothic theme also seemed cool. I stopped reading this author because
Lea
I don't think I finished this book. I tried a long time ago but the only thing I remember about it is that there were so many inconsistencies with the previous books. It was as if the author never got to know each character and confused their stories or names. When recapping part if Ice's background, in particular, the relationship between her and her guy was all wrong. I remember being very confused and rereading Ice again just to figure it out, but it still made no sense. These inconsistencies ...more
Liz
I was really happy that this novel took place from Honey's point of view, because she was my favorite character in this series. Though the over all quality of the story was rather dull. The description on the back made it seem much more suspenseful than it really was. I found the secret of the Senetsky family to be just meh. Not like original V.C. Andrews' drama.
It also took me almost three months to finish because it was so dull. Howard pissed me off the most, which I guess was the intent but I
Rebecca S. Waddell
The epilogue was weak

The epilogue was weak

This book has more errors than most published under the V.C. Andrews name. It pulls together 4 different characters, but the voice of Rose changes making her unrelatable to her character in the novella with her name. The twists and turns are good, but the end is a bit weak. Usually V.C. Andrews books tie up the characters and give a quick future glimpse. In this one, only Honey gets any closure, and not much of it at that.
Kim Smiley
An okay book. Not a lot of suspense, evil mean relatives, nothing of the sort.

Cinnamon- The aspiring actress comes to the Senetsky school of the perform ing arts along with...

Ice....the shy girl who doesn't talk much, but sings like angel.....

Rose....the girl whose father committed suicide to unburden himself from the son his wife and daughter never knew he had. Luckily Rose became close with her wheelchair-bound half brother Evan, who recognized her talent for dance and helped her practice her
Brittni
A short summary is basically needless for this book. One who's read its predecessor Shooting Stars--the compilation of the four girls' separate stories--knows that each protagonist ended up with a place of enrollment in the Senetsky academy for a study of performance art. It's obvious this next novel is about their time of residence in the academy.

It's also just about as obvious that the book contains some of the infamous V.C. Andrews plot points: outrageous family scandal, dark secrets, tension
Kimberly
VC Andrews has always been a favorite of mine since my childhood days. I have read (and re-read) all of her books, and although I am much older now and find that some of her work is better than others, I still enjoy the twists and turns, strangeness and mystery that continues to captivate my interest.
With that being said - it might also explain why I find the ghostwriter's quality of work lacking and less memorable than Andrews true writing, especially with the newer, more modern series.

If your
Nico
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Nikki Marie
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
Carrie Schaefer
Another nice one. It puts into the lives of artists from all kinds.
Carolina
I don't even know why I keep on reading this, is a failure. Fake, boring characters and plain dialogues. A waste of time. I don't care if I spoil the book, but it just doesn't make sense to me that they made Howard a rapist just for the sake of the "plot". He was arrogant, selfish and an attention seeker but such a drastic change of character without any kind of hint it could be possible, just killed the very little part of my that somehow liked this.

As far as I'm concerned, this whole series w
Marie Pallan
was good took a little long to get to the point
Nicole Mathias
Maryam Abdur-razak
This book surprised me. I'm not sure what I expected when I picked it up, but I did not think it was going to be so...dark. But I liked it. Even though I had not read the other books that came before, it was not too hard to understand, which was good. But the mystery and suspense it what I really loved.
Dawn
The final book in the Shooting Stars series. The series was okay, but nothing like the books that were written when V. C. Andrews was still alive. My favorite series by her were The Flowers In the Attic series, the Heaven series & the Ruby series.
Sally
The usual formula: four stories about four girls, and then a fifth book that's a sort of "bumper" edition about all four. This one has the creepy boarding school atmosphere, not too bad. (Though not too *good* either.)
Jeanette
It was fine. Not a quality piece of literature, but I enjoyed it at the beach. Was a little annoyed we didn't find out what happened to the girls at the end. I wouldn't have minded a sequel.
Nicole
Was a good ending to a good series! Wish that in the epilogue though there had been a little bit more about what they went on to do as adults. :( But still definitely worth the read.
Alisha
Great book! So many twists and turns. Never a dull moment with V. C. Andrews. Her new books are kind of crappy, but this one is DEFINITELY good.
Patti Dalzell
Actually, I really enjoyed this book. It was not what I was expecting and the ending gave me pure satisfaction. That's all I'm gonna say!
Stephanie
I like that there was more detail in this than in the four shorter books, but the plot was just too uninteresting.
Brittany
Best book of "The Shooting Stars" series!!! A little predictable at times but still an interesting read!
Jaime
V.C. Andrew books has always been one of my little guilty pleasures!
Gwen
Great book, great ending to the Shooting Stars series.
Damla
artık bu seriyi tamamlamaya gücüm yetmedi:)
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
  • Virus (Med Center, #1)
  • Prom Dress
  • The Animal Hour
  • In the Event of My Death
  • Ashes to Ashes:  The Dragon's Flame (Blackstone Chronicles, #3)
  • Hush Little Baby (pb)
  • Silent Night (Fear Street Super Chiller #2)
  • The Sorority: Samantha (Sorority Trilogy, #3)
  • A Talent For Murder (Nancy Drew: Files, #75)
  • Voodoo Moon (Charmed, #5)
  • The Dragon Done It
  • The Grave
  • The Lonely Girls Club
  • Thailand
  • Wait Until Dark
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man w
More about V.C. Andrews...

Shooting Stars (5 books)
  • Cinnamon (Shooting Stars, #1)
  • Ice (Shooting Stars, #2)
  • Rose (Shooting Stars, #3)
  • Honey (Shooting Stars, #4)
Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1) Petals on the Wind (Dollanganger, #2) If There Be Thorns (Dollanganger, #3) Seeds of Yesterday (Dollanganger, #4) Garden of Shadows (Dollanganger, #5)

“Everyone is an actor. In the end, everyone wants applause.” 1 likes