Start by marking “My View from the Corner” as Want to Read:
My View from the Corner

My View from the Corner

"Dundee is one of the greatest innovators in the annals of the sweet science...guiding world champions as diverse in gladiatorial gifts and mind-sets as Carmen Basilio, Willie Pastrano, Luis Rodriguez, Sugar Ray Leonard, George Foreman (in his comeback) and, of course, Muhammad Ali...Bert Randolph Sugar has superbly captured Dundee's unique diction...by the end the reader ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by McGraw-Hill

To ask other readers questions about My View from the Corner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My View from the Corner

Kym Andrew Robinson
Mar 23, 2014 Kym Andrew Robinson rated it liked it
Shelves: boxing
I gave this book a higher rating only out of respect to the great trainer, Angelo Dundee.
This was a book that I looked forward to with some interest. Dundee had trained and been around some of the greats and near greats of boxing for most decades and it was with some hope that much of those experiences would be shared within these pages.

This however was not the case. Instead much of what many would already know or what Dundee had already divulged was instead re printed as such in this book and s
c.vance c.vance
Jan 28, 2010 c.vance c.vance rated it really liked it
I liked this in the way I liked Cash's autobio---
It wasn't a memoir. It was a life lived and places been and talk about them. It was drinking around a fire with a good ol' boy. This isn't writing, this is a tale.
Kareem
Feb 26, 2015 Kareem rated it really liked it
"My view from the corner" tells the story of Angelo Dundee. The book gave details on the environment he grew up in. He gave his reasons on how he got inspired to become involved in the boxing world. He worked his way to the top by being fortunate and working with great fighters. Dundee has made a numerous amount of fighters champions from his training. Such boxers like Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard.
From the book there where many things that I liked and only a few that I disliked.For start
Ndowning2016
Nov 21, 2014 Ndowning2016 rated it it was amazing
My View from the Corner by Angelo Dundee is a nonfiction book that has to do with boxing. This book is about a great trainer who has trained many professional/Amateur fighters. This was a gym he trained at, that was located in Miami Beach. Called 5th St. Gym. Also, where Muhammad Ali was being trained at as a pro-amateur fighter. He also talked about his career, and how it was a success.
There are so many great events that happen in this book. While I was reading it, such as, training fighters to
Rickie Bellamy
May 21, 2015 Rickie Bellamy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book the view from the corner a life of boxing started of with the narrator talking about how he got where he was at. He talked about traveling the circuit of boxing as a trainer and soon got his hands to train classius clay for a while. At the end he was proud of himself and got a lot of experiences.

The book caught my attention straight from the gate because of the fact that it was talking about boxing. The book really hit home on explaining key details. Also the book was informal about th
Michael
Jan 16, 2008 Michael rated it really liked it
Dundee (with his co-writer Bert Sugar) has written a great personal history of boxing here. Focusing mainly on his time with Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, and George Foreman, Dundee excels when writing about the fights. The Foreman section is a standout. Some of the phrasing gets a little repetitive by the end, but overall, this is a very entertaining, informative book. I'd recommend it for anyone who likes boxing.
Gary L. Strike
Feb 04, 2010 Gary L. Strike rated it really liked it
Having been a fan of boxing for almost all of my life, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Dundee has been one of my boxing heroes all along, ever since he was Muhammad Ali's trainer. Dundee saved Ali's bacon on a number of occasions: against "Amering Enry," in England and against Sonny Liston fight one, round four, to just name two. Great and fun read!
Bill Robinson
Feb 20, 2008 Bill Robinson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: boxing fans
Recommended to Bill by: Billy Turner
I'm reliving the early days of Muhammed Ali. And getting insights into Angelo Dundee, Muhammed's trainer, and his life-long dedication to his profession of training boxers. (History in my time)
Nathan
Dec 12, 2008 Nathan rated it it was ok
Shelves: franklin-library
Big potential here - Dundee was eyewitness to some of the best fights and fighters in history- is sunk by his fumbling prose and chronic ego flareups. I wish someone else had told this story.
Dave
Jul 05, 2011 Dave rated it liked it
The book is very entertaining and informative about Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard, but don't read this if you are thinking for deep thoughts about boxing or the men he trained.
Dave Kenealy
Jan 19, 2013 Dave Kenealy rated it really liked it
Great boxing book with great stories. Anyone into sports, boxing or Hemingway-type stuff should consider it.
Mark Weinstein
Mark Weinstein rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2014
Thomas Kang
Thomas Kang rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Gerald Chan
Gerald Chan rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2014
Mark Jones
Mark Jones rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2011
Patrick Shanahan
Patrick Shanahan rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Kylest
Kylest rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Chad
Chad rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2012
Morgan
Morgan rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Corey
Corey rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2009
Jack
Jack rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2011
robert dubuc
robert dubuc rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Justin Ford
Justin Ford rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2012
Brad
Brad rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2011
Larry Harbison
Larry Harbison rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2008
Michael Rossotto
Michael Rossotto rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Dave
Dave rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2009
Itch
Itch rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2014
Chris Langdon
Chris Langdon rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2012
Ben
Ben rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2012