Start by marking “My View from the Corner” as Want to Read:
My View from the Corner

My View from the Corner

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  11 reviews
"Dundee is one of the greatest innovators in the annals of the sweet science...guiding world champions as diverse in gladiatorial gifts and mind-sets as Carmen Basilio, Willie Pastrano, Luis Rodriguez, Sugar Ray Leonard, George Foreman (in his comeback) and, of course, Muhammad Ali...Bert Randolph Sugar has superbly captured Dundee's unique diction...by the end the reader ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by McGraw-Hill

To ask other readers questions about My View from the Corner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My View from the Corner

Kym Andrew Robinson
I gave this book a higher rating only out of respect to the great trainer, Angelo Dundee.
This was a book that I looked forward to with some interest. Dundee had trained and been around some of the greats and near greats of boxing for most decades and it was with some hope that much of those experiences would be shared within these pages.

This however was not the case. Instead much of what many would already know or what Dundee had already divulged was instead re printed as such in this book and s
Kareem
"My view from the corner" tells the story of Angelo Dundee. The book gave details on the environment he grew up in. He gave his reasons on how he got inspired to become involved in the boxing world. He worked his way to the top by being fortunate and working with great fighters. Dundee has made a numerous amount of fighters champions from his training. Such boxers like Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard.
From the book there where many things that I liked and only a few that I disliked.For start
Ndowning2016
My View from the Corner by Angelo Dundee is a nonfiction book that has to do with boxing. This book is about a great trainer who has trained many professional/Amateur fighters. This was a gym he trained at, that was located in Miami Beach. Called 5th St. Gym. Also, where Muhammad Ali was being trained at as a pro-amateur fighter. He also talked about his career, and how it was a success.
There are so many great events that happen in this book. While I was reading it, such as, training fighters to
c.vance
I liked this in the way I liked Cash's autobio---
It wasn't a memoir. It was a life lived and places been and talk about them. It was drinking around a fire with a good ol' boy. This isn't writing, this is a tale.
Michael
Dundee (with his co-writer Bert Sugar) has written a great personal history of boxing here. Focusing mainly on his time with Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, and George Foreman, Dundee excels when writing about the fights. The Foreman section is a standout. Some of the phrasing gets a little repetitive by the end, but overall, this is a very entertaining, informative book. I'd recommend it for anyone who likes boxing.
Gary L. Strike
Having been a fan of boxing for almost all of my life, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Dundee has been one of my boxing heroes all along, ever since he was Muhammad Ali's trainer. Dundee saved Ali's bacon on a number of occasions: against "Amering Enry," in England and against Sonny Liston fight one, round four, to just name two. Great and fun read!
Bill Robinson
Feb 20, 2008 Bill Robinson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: boxing fans
Recommended to Bill by: Billy Turner
I'm reliving the early days of Muhammed Ali. And getting insights into Angelo Dundee, Muhammed's trainer, and his life-long dedication to his profession of training boxers. (History in my time)
Nathan
Big potential here - Dundee was eyewitness to some of the best fights and fighters in history- is sunk by his fumbling prose and chronic ego flareups. I wish someone else had told this story.
Dave
The book is very entertaining and informative about Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard, but don't read this if you are thinking for deep thoughts about boxing or the men he trained.
Dave Kenealy
Great boxing book with great stories. Anyone into sports, boxing or Hemingway-type stuff should consider it.
S
S added it
Jun 10, 2015
Chuck
Chuck added it
Jun 08, 2015
spwla
spwla marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Fernando Rodriguez
Fernando Rodriguez marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
D. George
D. George marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Lais
Lais marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Danilo Amaral
Danilo Amaral marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Mano
Mano marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Leonardo Diaz
Leonardo Diaz marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
My View from the Corner: A Life in Boxing I Only Talk Winning Ali in Action: The Man, The Moves, The Mouth Redemption: The Life & Death of Rocky Marciano.: Volume 1