Start by marking “Closing in” as Want to Read:
Closing in

Closing in

Libby James, the new librarian for Alma Elementary School , has come to the small, quirky town of Amen , Arizona to spend her life in solitude. But is she hiding from more than an outside world she finds painful and unforgiving? David Rogers thinks so. As a new semester begins at Alma Elementary, Captain Rogers, a dashing young naval officer and former astronaut, arrives t ...more
Published December 1st 2002 by Covenant Communications (first published August 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Closing in, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closing in

Kathryn
Feb 25, 2010 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Debby
Libby James is the school librarian in Amen, AZ where her ancestors helped settle. She's also the CEO of a company she wants to sell. David Rogers, an astronaut and CIA employee is sent to Amen to investigate Libby, because someone has been selling sensitive information. David and Libby, both LDS, fall in love, but there are complications. It's an interesting whodunnit with kooky characters and church doctrine thrown in. Relatively good mystery aspect.
Megan Swanson
Aug 25, 2010 Megan Swanson rated it really liked it
I wish that I could give this a four/five. I loved the story line, but it was taking too long for them to get together! For a while there in the middle I wasn't too sure that I wanted to keep reading, except that I did wan tto see them actually get together in the end. I had my suspicions about who the mastermind of the operation was, and I was right, which always makes me happy that I was smart enough to figure it out, but I don't always necessarily like knowing. I still haven't figured out wha ...more
Rebecca Dean
Nov 08, 2014 Rebecca Dean rated it really liked it
I love the way Kerry Blair writes.
Cass
Jan 15, 2014 Cass rated it really liked it
I LOVED it! It had multiple spelling errors, so that is why I couldn't give it a five. For me, a 4 3/4. I could tell what it meant, but they were still there, you know what I mean?
Kendra
Feb 19, 2010 Kendra rated it liked it
I loved the romance in this story--about an "incognito" heiress whose company is selling defense secrets to Iraq. She is targeted as the main suspect and a grounded astronaut is hired by the CIA to charm her secrets from her. The story reads almost like a fairy tale (which stories I love!) but the LDS references are a welcome and not-overdone part of the story. Ah, Eternal Love!
Valerie Steimle
Jan 18, 2013 Valerie Steimle rated it it was amazing
I was excited to read Kerry Blair's book as I was in the mood for a good romance, mystery story but it took reading a couple of chapters to really get into the story. But once in, the story carried me through to the end. A great novel and some of the characters in the town where they lived were very amusing. Some were very inspirational. A great book all in all.
Rachel
Jul 06, 2009 Rachel rated it really liked it
I was a little apprehensive because I don't like mysteries as a general rule. But this was fun! Two people pretending to be someone their not and falling in love! I did enjoy the love story! It was a fun read. The religious aspect was a little much for me, but it wasn't overbearing, so it was tollerable. But I did enjoy this story quite a bit!
Susan
Apr 21, 2009 Susan rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Jamison alias Libby James; Captain David Rogers, NASA astronaut, rookie CIA agent on assignment to investigate Libby in Amen, Arizona. Libby is so not what the government thinks she is, and David decides to prove it. Now, if he can just get on Libby's good side. I especially enjoyed Kerry Blair's wit in this book.
Connie Dickey
Feb 24, 2009 Connie Dickey rated it did not like it
Would Someone please tell me what this book is about? I had it on my "read" shelf but I don't think I really did read it. I have only read two of her books that I know of. I think I might have clicked on it "to read" but got the wrong shelf. I can't seem to find any information about it.
Brenda
Jul 21, 2009 Brenda rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this mystery/romance novel. The characters were witty and intelligent, and I loved that they were both trying to be someone they weren't and really found out who they really were! Parts were pretty predictable, but for the most part, I enjoyed the corny story anyway!
Amy Dahlke
Apr 02, 2013 Amy Dahlke rated it it was amazing
This book is my absolute favorite of all time. I've read it every summer since I was 14 and never get tired of it. It's the perfect mix of suspense, romance, and humor. The main characters are charming and lovable with plenty of quirky and fun side character mixed in.
Judie
Mar 30, 2010 Judie rated it it was amazing
I think maybe this is a 5-star book for me. It has humor, romance, and a touch of suspense. I know that if I picked it up again, it would entertain me, even though I know the ending. I also love the quotes at the beginning of each chapter.
Patricia
Feb 17, 2014 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: would-read-again
This was a great blend of action, romance and bits of fairy tales. I recommend this book to anyone who would enjoy a mix of the three. I think this is one of those six-star books for me and one I would like to re-read at some point.
Andrea
Jan 26, 2010 Andrea rated it liked it
Interesting characters-some almost too crazy to believe, but a fun read overall. I did struggle with the town being named Amen. The "bad guy" was predictable from very early on, but my hunch was thrown aside a couple of times.
Mar 18, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read. It is your standard LDS romance/suspense novel, so therefore a little on the predictable side. But I enjoyed the characters and the plot -- both were well expressed. I would recommend it.
Kaylee Farnes
I'm in love with this book. It's one of the cutest love stories and the characters are very real. There's action and humor. I've read this book dozens of times and I still haven't read it enough.
Courtney
Feb 07, 2009 Courtney rated it really liked it
i thought this book was so dang awesome! i thought it was well written and it had a little bit of a certain sass to it. i thought it was cute and i would read it again.
Randi
Oct 27, 2013 Randi rated it really liked it
This was an exciting book. It was a little predictable. It was very clean, a good LDS book that didn't come on too strong!
Nov 13, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
I picked this up because I know the author and was curious to see what her writing is like. I was pretty impressed.
Shayne
Sep 12, 2009 Shayne rated it really liked it
My first book to read of Kerry's! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Cant' wait to read the other two I got as well!
LAWonder10
Jun 21, 2012 LAWonder10 rated it really liked it
Kerry once again has created a fun, romantic but interesting tale.
Very enjoyable, light reading.
Charmaine
Aug 17, 2008 Charmaine rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading this since it was such an easy read. I read it in a day and a half.
Karijean31
May 12, 2010 Karijean31 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
It was a very fun book to read! I read it in today and couldn't put it down.
Whin
Mar 17, 2009 Whin rated it really liked it
I love this book. It's one of favs
Theresa Sneed
Mar 26, 2010 Theresa Sneed rated it really liked it
Fabulous! I couldn't put it down!
Jan 15, 2009 Jennifer rated it liked it
Own: Book
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Em
Em rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Angie Cain
Angie Cain marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
  • Until Proven Guilty (Haggerty Mystery, #2)
  • Beyond Summer Dreams
  • Ripple Effect (Undercurrents, #2)
  • Echoes
  • Finding Paradise
  • Blind Side
Kerry Blair is a successful mystery author who weaves infectious humor throughout her work.
More about Kerry Blair...