Start by marking “Bronze Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bronze Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #2)

Bronze Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices #2)

R.D. Henham returns with another Practical Guide to Dragons adventure!

Could a "good" dragon really be evil?

Witness to the kidnapping of her younger siblings' eggs, young bronze dragon Simle has good reason to think that all humans are evil. Tatelyn, whose brother was killed by a dragon who was supposed to be good, also has good reason to distrust even metallic dragons.

But
Published June 10th 2008 by Mirrorstone

To ask other readers questions about Bronze Dragon Codex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bronze Dragon Codex

Eragon by Christopher PaoliniThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienEldest by Christopher PaoliniBrisingr by Christopher PaoliniDragonflight by Anne McCaffrey
Dragons
1,028 books — 1,994 voters
Bentwhistle the Dragon in a Threat from the Past by Paul CudeResurgent Shadows by Kevin L. NielsenEragon by Christopher PaoliniHis Majesty's Dragon by Naomi NovikThe Black Dragon by Salvador Mercer
Dragons on the Cover
172 books — 59 voters

More lists with this book...

Raisinkids
Nov 12, 2008 Raisinkids rated it really liked it
Good quick read. Fun story. I always enjoy thinking what dragons would be like if they really exist.
Conan Tigard
Nov 13, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it
Bronze Dragon Codex is not the type of story I expected. That is not a bad thing, as it turns out, because I was extremely happy with the story. What I didn't expect was a story about a young bronze dragon with her hated of humans. I also didn't expect a story about a young human cleric out to rid the land of all dragons because of her hated for them. This was all unexpected . . . and turned out to be a very exciting fantasy romp.

I loved that the two main characters, a female cleric, Tatelyn, an
Marco Giannotti
Mar 04, 2013 Marco Giannotti rated it it was amazing
A human hating dragon with a dragon hating human surprisingly work well with each other. Simle and Tatelyn both hate each other and (of course) end up on an adventure with each other.This book goes through many unsuspected turns and sequences even though you might have thought they would go one way, they go the other.All of the turns bring in several strong ideas in the story.How would you feel if you lost you're sibling to what was thought to be a good protector? How about losing all of you're ...more
Pat
Nov 24, 2008 Pat rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Old and young dragon lovers!
Sometimes even good dragons struggle with a dark side. This young bronze dragon has good reason to think all humans are evil. At the same time, a human girl also has good reason to distrust every matallic dragon.
As the dragon and human girl are thrown togethetr on a quest to recover their lost magical powers, danger and adventure awaite. Can they figure out how to work together? Raad to find out.
I would have had this reviewed long ago but since I bought it several students have read it and One
Daniel
Feb 16, 2016 Daniel rated it it was amazing
I found this book way better than the first one, because first, it has the dragon as the main character, not the villain as in the Red Dragon Codex. I also liked the plot twist at the end(view spoiler). Overall, this book manages to be a standard adventure, while not being too standard.
Anna Robertson
Mar 26, 2013 Anna Robertson rated it really liked it
I read this book because I have a fascination with dragons, and Bronze Dragon Codex increased this fascination. This book not only tells the story of a young dragon and a girl, but how to forgive and forget the past. I would highly recommend this book and the other books in this series to fantasy fans like myself.
Sharon
Jul 19, 2014 Sharon rated it really liked it
My first dragon codex as a kid. Has a lot to do with my obsession with dragons. I love how much the characters change. I love Tatelyn (and her name!) and I love Simle and I love their interactions. Out of all the Dragon Codex's, this one had my favorite storyline and writing style. Absolutely beautiful.
Laura (booksnob)
Nov 10, 2008 Laura (booksnob) rated it liked it
Shelves: max-s-read-aloud
An interesting story about a Dragon who hates humans and a human who hates dragons and how their lives intertwine changing them for the better. This is a good book that teaches tolerance and acceptance of differences. My son gave this book a rating of three stars because he didn't think the story was a interesting or adventurous as the first book, Red Dragon Codex.
Heidi
Dec 09, 2008 Heidi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, mg
I loved this book. I thought the moral of the story was unique and refreshing, and the writing quality was excellent. I'll confess I originally bought the book because my friend from Hollins wrote it (Amie Rotruck), so partly for curiosity and partly desire to support her. I don't usually read a lot of dragon books. But I'm glad I did because I was thoroughly impressed. Way to go Amie!
Katlinhays
Aug 15, 2013 Katlinhays rated it it was amazing
This book was really an excellent book!
Tatelyn hating dragons ever since that In counter with the copper and Simle hating humans because they stole her siblings.
The Bronze Dragon Codex simply put a wonderful twist to this!
Marie
Dec 16, 2008 Marie rated it it was ok
Same thing with the Red Dragon Codex. But this time it was a girl that was the center stage. I need to find more books as boys as the hero. I think that is what every ten year old wants to read about. How the boy is the best.
Spencer
May 21, 2012 Spencer rated it really liked it
This book is about a young bronze dragon (NOT COPPER) who embarks on a journey with a human Tatelyn to release their curse. This book is just like the first one.
Zoë
Jan 09, 2016 Zoë rated it really liked it
This was a fun quick read. I loved the plot and all the characters! It was hard to put this one down.
Maxwell
Maxwell rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2012
Richard Barton
Richard Barton rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Bailey
Bailey rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2014
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2016
Natalya
Natalya rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
B.
B. rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2009
Ari
Ari rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2014
Bethany
Bethany rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2013
Corey Grozelle
Corey Grozelle rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2013
Everett
Everett rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2014
Wyatt
Wyatt rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2013
Roslyn Ricketts
Roslyn Ricketts rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2013
Sophia
Sophia rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Casey
Casey rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2008
Ryan
Ryan rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Zebe
Zebe rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2015
Ryan Family
Ryan Family rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
  • A Practical Guide to Dragon Riding (Dragonlance: the New Adventure)
  • Glint
  • Dark Mage (Avalon: Web of Magic #11)
  • Cal Ripken, Jr.'s All-Stars: Super-Sized Slugger
  • The Dragon's Apprentice (Dragonology Chronicles #3)
  • Wizard's Curse (Dragonlance: The New Adventures: Trinistyr, #1)
  • The Dragonology Handbook: A Practical Course in Dragons
  • Dragon Knight (Dragonlance: The New Adventures, #7)
  • Dragon Rule (Age of Fire, #5)
  • The Stone of the Stars (The Dragon Throne, #1)
  • Tiger's Blood (Tiger's Apprentice, #2)
  • The Golden Cord (The Iron Dragon, #1)
  • DragonLight (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #5)
  • The Dragon's Lair (The Lost Journals of Ven Polypheme, #3)
  • Dragon Day (Dragonlance: The New Adventures, #6)
  • The Lost Cities: A Drift House Voyage
  • Best of the Best (Baseball Great, #3)

Dragon Codices (7 books)
  • Red Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #1)
  • Black Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #3)
  • Brass Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #4)
  • Green Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #5)
  • Silver Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #6)
  • Gold Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices #7)