Start by marking “A Home: Paintings from a Bygone Age” as Want to Read:
A Home: Paintings from a Bygone Age

A Home: Paintings from a Bygone Age

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Carl Larsson is one of Sweden's best-loved artists. His stunning watercolours of his home and family from the end of the nineteenth century are acclaimed as one of the richest records of life at that time. This book features the paintings that depict Larsson's home in the village of Sundborn in west Sweden.
Published March 23rd 2006 by Floris Books (first published 1968)

To ask other readers questions about A Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Home

Dianna
This is not a children's picture book, as I thought, is is more of a coffee table book with Carl Larsson's paintings and some notes about the pictures and about his life. Carl Larsson painted the interior of his home. Grown-up fans of Tasha Tudor and Beatrix Potter will probably like this book.
Roberta
This beautiful book of Carl Larsson's watercolor paintings is accompanied by Lennart Rudstrom's text. Although it is aimed at children, it is very informative about the Larssons' homelife. Carl's style reminds me a little of Tasha Tudor. This would make a perfect coffee table book.
Faith Hough
I love this book so much...Carl Larsson's gorgeous paintings and a child-friendly explanation of home life.
Of course, it makes me wish I had paintings on all my doors and walls, and feel like a slacker for not weaving any tablecloths of our own!
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
I found these paintings enchanting. I just love how everything is decorated. Wish my house looked like that!
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Lindenizen
Lindenizen marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Nina
Nina added it
Nov 07, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Juli Anna Herndon
Juli Anna Herndon marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
Kelly Gibbons
Kelly Gibbons marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2012
Joanne Tam
Joanne Tam marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2012
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2011
Kiitos
Kiitos added it
Jul 23, 2011
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2011
Carl and Karin Larsson: Creators of the Swedish Style Carl Larsson's a Family: Paintings from a Bygone Age Carl Larsson World of Carl Larsson, The A Farm: Paintings from a Bygone Age