Start by marking “Sand Castles” as Want to Read:
Sand Castles

Sand Castles

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  506 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Wendy Hodene wants for nothing except, like every woman, extra closet space. But even that whim lies within reach when she and her devoted husband Jim win the lottery and launch a renovation of the cozy, antique New England home that has been in the family for generations. Wendy is certain life can't get any better than this, until a surprise comes her way--surprise that w ...more
Published January 5th 2004 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published May 19th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Sand Castles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sand Castles

Jewett
A good story but I felt the author hurried the last two chapters. I would have liked them stretched out just a little more. Also, I wish the publisher would stop putting so many promos at the end of each of her books. A little is good. More than 200 pages is too much.
Christina
This book was okay. I didn't find the storyline too interesting or any of the characters, but it entertained me and I finished it still. Was good for a .99 cent nook book.
Ginger
Meh.

Edit: I had to come back and add to my review, because it's been bothering me since I read it.

The whole book was meh, and predictable, and boring. I knew what was going to happen from the minute I read the first chapter. There were a few little "WHA?" moments, but they weren't in a good way. They were in a "why on earth is the author putting this in this story?" kind of way.

But in general, I got pissed because the author just took the laziest way out of every single thing.

Spoiler:

(view spo
Cherie Reeves
This book is another one of those that really bugged me. So the family wins the lottery, and the husband changes. The wife really wants things to be as they were. Turns out the husband is still married to another woman. The other woman is rather lost and wanders through life aimlessly with a multitude of mental issues. She's convinced that lottery Jim is her husband. In an attempt to protect her, her misguided brother decides to go find out. He does so by working construction on the addition to ...more
D
Yawn

I forced myself to finish this book. the writing is so very, very bad. I would not recommend this storyline has been done,
Donna Nowosielski
Good story but felt she could have developed some of the relationships a little better.
Sue
Unlike some of the reviewers I have read here, I really enjoyed this book. I quickly got into the characters and plot. I did not think it so "predictable", yes there were some things I could foresee, but I didn't think it was as obvious as some romance novels I have read. I enjoyed the feeling of mystery I got. The husband was a very good liar and could have fooled me too. Guess I'm naive. I recommended this book to other reader friends of mine because I thoroughly enjoyed it and am now in the p ...more
Mo
Dec 31, 2013 Mo rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
This was a book club book. It was just OK for me. A bit predictable, but not terrible either.
Kate
I liked reading the book while I was on vacationing on the beach. It's an easy, no thinking required book, which is nice for vacation. I enjoyed reading the book but after awhile I wanted a new story.
Rhona
It was an OK book. Not really that interesting. I wouldnt recommend it and dont plan to pass it on. I will trade it for a different one. But it was something to read on a long bus ride....
Sonja
This is the first modern romance I've read and I must say that I didn't think it could be done, but it can, and it's even a little bit easier to swallow this way. Not a bad read at all.
Cindi Chase
You just never know what may happen when you win the lottery! And that is what this book is about. I enjoyed the story line. A little mystery and some romance all tossed into the story.
Evelyne Bloomer
Slow to start, but a good mystery. Does keep you captured from the middle to the end!!! I'll have to read another one of hers to see if they are similar or different
Patricia Martin
Good story, but somewhat predictable until the end.. I enjoyed character development and descriptive setting. Imagine winning the lottery? What would you do?
Stephanie
This book seemed to drag and lot with an under-developed plot. I finished it because I wanted to see what happened but felt dissatisfied with the whole thing.
Jan
A good beach novel, one you can put down and pick up without missing too much. Loved that it was set in Providence/Barrington.
Jess
A good quick read. First time reading Antoinette Stockenberg, but will definitely read another.
Sharon
Another good one from Antoinette Stockenberg.. I cannot wait till Tidewater comes out in October.
MelIssa B
Started super slow for me but picked up mid way through. Overall, a quick and easy read.
Michelle Krueger
Liked this book. Very interesting the twists it takes. Keeps you reading until the end
Valerie
This book was so good. I didn't want it to end. I loved the story and the characters!!!
Brooke
Slow to get going, but pulls you along so you must keep reading to see how it ends.
Michelle Robinson
This started out slow but it definitely picked up and kept my interest until the end!
Carole
A quick, light fluffy read but fairly enjoyable, if not predictable.
Cheri

Not worth reading, even as a light beach read.
Joy
I enjoyed this. I like the characters and their stories.
Vicki
I really Liked it , fast read, enjoyable ....
Diane Davis
It was an ok book... no great thrills....
Phoebe
Beach reading at it's finest (pardon the pun!).
Lisa Ahronian
Not great, but good. A quick read.
  • In the Arms of Danger
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Kisses to Remember
  • Christmas in Cold Creek (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #9)
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Promises to Keep
  • Moonshell Beach (Shelter Bay, #4)
  • The Summer Of Us
  • No More Running
  • What Endures
  • Snow Fence Road
  • Courage Dares (Sisters of Spirit, #4)
  • Underground Guardians Box Set (Underground Guardians, #1-2)
  • Travelers Rest
  • Dirty Little Lies
  • Fatal Error
  • Shattered
  • A Million Wishes (Wishes, #1)
A Month At The Shore A Charmed Place Keepsake Safe Harbor BY THE SEA, Book One: TESS