Start by marking “Green Living For Dummies” as Want to Read:
Green Living For Dummies

Green Living For Dummies

3.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Want to do your part to reduce energy consumption, waste, and pollution; clean up the environment, and save the planet? "Green Living For Dummies" is packed with practical suggestions you can follow to make your lifestyle greener by doing as little damage as possible to the planet and the animal and plant life that depend on it. This practical guide delivers an array of re ...more
Published March 1st 2008 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Green Living For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Living For Dummies

Creative Writing for Dummies by Maggie HamandBlogging for Dummies by Brad HillPublic Speaking for Dummies by Malcolm KushnerTechnical Writing for Dummies. by Sheryl Lindsell-RobertsSelf-Publishing for Dummies by Jason R. Rich
For Dummies Series
156th out of 274 books — 60 voters
Pest Control for Organic Gardening by Amber RichardsBringing it to the Table by Wendell BerryAnimal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara KingsolverHow to Live Well Without Owning a Car by Chris BalishGaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard
Southern Gables Sustainable Books List
57th out of 137 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Teji
May 26, 2014 Teji rated it it was ok
Typically for Dummies books aren't really for dummies. This one however covers the kind of topics that only a person living on Mars-- or who is deliberately disengaged from the concept of reduce, reuse, recycle (and therefore wouldn't be reading this book)-- would not know: if your community recycles, you should definitely do it! When you buy new light bulbs, get more efficient ones! If you buy a new appliance, check the EnergyStar rating!

It is high on enthusiasm but it doesn’t provide much in
Luke Langley
Apr 02, 2015 Luke Langley rated it liked it
Helpful book with good ideas on taking care of the environment.
Patty
Feb 11, 2009 Patty rated it liked it
A Dummies Book
While this doesn’t give you much more basic information that you get being raised by a mother who lived during the Great Depression and WWII, it does have lots of websites and covers up-to-date topics. What is good is that it allows you to make small changes as you can, like swapping over light bulbs and appliances as they die. And you can go back to this resource time and again as you want to make additional changes.
Worth a read for the sake of our planet.
Krista Bolan
Dec 04, 2008 Krista Bolan rated it liked it
Recommends it for: general readers looking for going-green basics
Although this book has some good advice, I found myself disagreeing with some of what it said and thought some of the info contradicted either itself or the idea of living green in its entirety. But there were many good resources in this book and some good general tips that it's good to be reminded of. This would not be my bible for living green, but most people would be better off if they incorporated the bulk of these tips in their lives.
Nicholas Whyte
http://nwhyte.livejournal.com/2310652.html[return][return]A nice wee book about how to conserve energy and resources on a personal and household level. I shall start using a shaving mug.
Kim
May 23, 2009 Kim rated it it was amazing
Okay I will admit that I didn't read all chapters--some don't apply to me since I don't own my own home and don't plan to have one anytime soon. But this book had some remarkably easy ideas of how to do great things for the environment. It also gave some good statistics about recycling and organic food and things. A very inspiring book to me.
Soapykitty
Oct 03, 2011 Soapykitty rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
Perfect for someone (like me!) trying to darken their shade of green.This book is okay and has a lot of information for a newbie (like me,again!)but for someone who knows a lot about it,they might as well skip it.
Lisa
Feb 24, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing
So far pretty technical not alot of ideas but I have hope After the first 2-3 chapters it got great. Lots of lots of good ideas websites and helpful hints. I can't wait to put some of them into practice
hissi
Dec 11, 2013 hissi rated it liked it
Informated and very well rounded book. Lots of information for someone who has no clue about Savin earth
Shealyn
Apr 16, 2009 Shealyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
people should care about the world
Nelson
Jun 26, 2010 Nelson rated it liked it
good referenced book ... like most of the "for Dummies" books.

Many good ideas for people that are getting into the "green" thing.
John Greg
John Greg marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Leila
Leila marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Iris Armstrong
Iris Armstrong marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Matthew H Humphries
Matthew H Humphries rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Gerri Kreiser
Gerri Kreiser marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Fred Lusk
Fred Lusk rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Mohammad Monadjem
Mohammad Monadjem marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Ginnie Grant
Ginnie Grant marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Matthew Dishman
Matthew Dishman marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Abi
Abi is currently reading it
Mar 27, 2016
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Jennifer Farrell
Jennifer Farrell rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Ollivier
Ollivier rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2016
Germany
Germany rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2016
Reggie
Reggie marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Talia
Talia marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016