Start by marking “Green Living For Dummies” as Want to Read:
Green Living For Dummies

Green Living For Dummies

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  11 reviews
This guide provides a lowdown on how to make changes and choices for a more positive impact on the world. It contains practical advice on all aspects of everyday life, from looking at how you can reduce energy use in your household, through to ensuring your shopping choices are in line with ethical principles.
Published March 1st 2008 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Green Living For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Living For Dummies

Creative Writing for Dummies by Maggie HamandBlogging for Dummies by Brad HillPublic Speaking for Dummies by Malcolm KushnerPiano for Dummies [With Play-Along] by Blake NeelyGuitar For Dummies by Mark Phillips
For Dummies Series
117th out of 286 books — 47 voters
Pest Control for Organic Gardening by Amber RichardsBringing it to the Table by Wendell BerryAnimal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara KingsolverHow to Live Well Without Owning a Car by Chris BalishGaining Ground by Forrest Pritchard
Southern Gables Sustainable Books List
55th out of 137 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Typically for Dummies books aren't really for dummies. This one however covers the kind of topics that only a person living on Mars-- or who is deliberately disengaged from the concept of reduce, reuse, recycle (and therefore wouldn't be reading this book)-- would not know: if your community recycles, you should definitely do it! When you buy new light bulbs, get more efficient ones! If you buy a new appliance, check the EnergyStar rating!

It is high on enthusiasm but it doesn’t provide much in
Luke Langley
Helpful book with good ideas on taking care of the environment.
A Dummies Book
While this doesn’t give you much more basic information that you get being raised by a mother who lived during the Great Depression and WWII, it does have lots of websites and covers up-to-date topics. What is good is that it allows you to make small changes as you can, like swapping over light bulbs and appliances as they die. And you can go back to this resource time and again as you want to make additional changes.
Worth a read for the sake of our planet.
Krista Bolan
Dec 04, 2008 Krista Bolan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: general readers looking for going-green basics
Although this book has some good advice, I found myself disagreeing with some of what it said and thought some of the info contradicted either itself or the idea of living green in its entirety. But there were many good resources in this book and some good general tips that it's good to be reminded of. This would not be my bible for living green, but most people would be better off if they incorporated the bulk of these tips in their lives.
Nicholas Whyte[return][return]A nice wee book about how to conserve energy and resources on a personal and household level. I shall start using a shaving mug.
Okay I will admit that I didn't read all chapters--some don't apply to me since I don't own my own home and don't plan to have one anytime soon. But this book had some remarkably easy ideas of how to do great things for the environment. It also gave some good statistics about recycling and organic food and things. A very inspiring book to me.
Perfect for someone (like me!) trying to darken their shade of green.This book is okay and has a lot of information for a newbie (like me,again!)but for someone who knows a lot about it,they might as well skip it.
So far pretty technical not alot of ideas but I have hope After the first 2-3 chapters it got great. Lots of lots of good ideas websites and helpful hints. I can't wait to put some of them into practice
Informated and very well rounded book. Lots of information for someone who has no clue about Savin earth
people should care about the world
good referenced book ... like most of the "for Dummies" books.

Many good ideas for people that are getting into the "green" thing.
Lieblingsbuch marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Kirstin marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
James is currently reading it
Jul 04, 2015
Courtnee marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Rae Massey
Rae Massey marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Jeanne added it
May 31, 2015
Ollie Stuart
Ollie Stuart marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Joshua Appelhans
Joshua Appelhans marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Marina Andreou
Marina Andreou marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Nadya marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Gwen marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Anne marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Khalil added it
Mar 09, 2015
Madison Duncan
Madison Duncan marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Janice marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Starting a Business All-In-One for Dummies Green Living for Dummies (r), Mini Edition UK Law and Your Rights for Dummies Small Business Employment Law For Dummies (For Dummies) UK Law and Your Rights for Dummies