Start by marking “Sacred Intimacy” as Want to Read:
Sacred Intimacy

Sacred Intimacy

Intimacy. What is it? Contrary to what the tabloids might have us believe, achieving true intimacy with another person is a multifaceted endeavor. Intimacy is the compelling desire and need to be linked to, or connected with, another person. And this linkage can occur in several ways.

Authors Brenton and Margaret Yorgason suggest that intimacy goes beyond the physical close
Published January 1st 2004 by Cedar Fort (first published March 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Sacred Intimacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacred Intimacy

Aimee
Mar 05, 2008 Aimee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Married people or getting married people
Recommended to Aimee by: Karaline Everett
This is a great book. I think it should be required reading for anyone that wants to be married. It cleared up some things for me, and I've been married for five years now. LDS values, wonderful book.
Jayda
Apr 29, 2015 Jayda rated it really liked it
This book is interesting. It pointed out a lot of stuff that I hadn't previously realized or thought of, but there were aspects I didn't like. It said that "sex" is often a selfish thing, but "sharing love" is acceptable. I understand what it's trying to say, but it's a matter of giving terms different meanings and nothing more. I just didn't like the way they worded that section.

Overall, this is a great book for all soon-to-be married couples, newlyweds, and already married couples.
Rebecca
Sep 30, 2011 Rebecca rated it it was ok
My parents gave this book to all of their children before we got married. Didn't ever read it until like 4 years after I was married. haha. I liked it ok. Talks about couples being unified spiritually, emotionally, and physically in order to have the greatest level of intimacy. To be honest, I can't remember why I didn't like it that much...I read it a long time ago.
Stephanie
Apr 01, 2009 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
For how short this book is (72 pages, 5 chapters), it certainly has a wealth of information. It's short and to the point, and the faith of this couple is tangible as they share realistic information about how to have a healthy marriage.
Karaline Everett
Mar 04, 2008 Karaline Everett rated it it was amazing
This book was very good it helped me in my thinking of love relationship and sex, but its not just about intamacy in a sexual way its about diferent kinds of intamacy some that i never thought of, a good read for any woman
Kim
Oct 14, 2009 Kim rated it really liked it
Reviews all areas of imtimacy in a marriage. Written by Latter-day Saints. Great information for married couples.
Karijean31
Apr 27, 2010 Karijean31 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
we got this for our wedding and it was very helpful
Laurie
May 02, 2009 Laurie marked it as to-read
I also won this one. I can't wait to read it.
Bonni
Aug 13, 2010 Bonni rated it liked it
Quick simple guide to strengthening marriages.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Ash Ryan
Ash Ryan rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2015
Mary Smith
Mary Smith rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Fion Ye
Fion Ye marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Brett Folkman
Brett Folkman rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2015
John Ribar
John Ribar rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Necia
Necia added it
Dec 30, 2013
Annette Thompson
Annette Thompson marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Larry
Larry rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2012
C'adele (Corinne Adele)
C'adele (Corinne Adele) marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2012
Paula
Paula rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2012
Jamie Shearer
Jamie Shearer rated it really liked it
May 30, 2012
Mitchell
Mitchell marked it as to-read
May 05, 2012
Chad
Chad rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Martha
Martha rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2011
Brent G. Yorgason was born and raised in Utah. He received his PhD in 1981 in Family Studies and Marriage and Family Therapy at Brigham Young University. Brent and his wife Margaret are the parents of 9 children.
More about Brenton G. Yorgason...