Start by marking “Showdown in Slickrock” as Want to Read:
Showdown in Slickrock
Preview

Showdown in Slickrock

4.6 of 5 stars 4.60  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  5 reviews
When Sally Mander is carried off by foul-mouthed Bullfrog Ben, Sheriff Newt rides to the rescue.
Hardcover, 1 page
Published March 1st 1996 by Buckaroo Books (first published September 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Showdown in Slickrock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Showdown in Slickrock

Rachel Burt
Bullfrog Ben terrorizes the town of Slickrock and kidnaps Sally Mander. I liked the ending- Sally refuses to do any of Ben's cleaning except to wash his mouth out with soap. The lines rhyme and there's also good vocabulary.
Maria
My son toddles up several times a day to have me read this book. My daughter has memorized the part of "Sally Mander" and recites it with a western drawl. We love this!
Karen
Apr 03, 2008 Karen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: silly kids
Shelves: picture-books
My kids really like this book. It's fun to read aloud and the pictures are very cute. I haven't seen it around much, so maybe it's out of print.
Rob
Great book if you can get your hands on it. Fun story. Great illustrations. It'll have you wishin' they made this into a movie instead of Rango.
Rachel
Delightfully fun, great rhyme and rhythm, the illustrations are fun and interesting with great imagination.
Madison Reeder
Madison Reeder marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Mormon cartoonist. Mostly known for his liberal anti-George W. Bush cartoons, which were released in book form.

Bagley works for the Salt Lake Tribune, but his cartoons also appeared in Time Magazine, The Washington Post, and The Guardian.
More about Pat Bagley...
I Spy a Nephite Clueless George Goes to War A Nephite in the works Hana, the No-Cow Wife Where have all the Nephites gone?