Start by marking “Tutus Aren't My Style” as Want to Read:
Tutus Aren't My Style

Tutus Aren't My Style

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Emma loves lizards and pirates and cowboy boots, so when a package arrives from Uncle Leo, she doesn?t know what to do with the ballerina costume inside. ?I don?t know how to be a ballerina,? Emma says. She flops when she should float, she trips when she should twirl, and her music sounds like burping! But when she decides to make her own rules about how to be a ballerina, ...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Dial Press

To ask other readers questions about Tutus Aren't My Style, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tutus Aren't My Style

Gwen the Librarian
This is a great book for the little girls who aren't princess ballerinas - or anyone else. Tomboy Emma gets a package in the mail from her favorite uncle and there's a ballerina outfit inside. Because she loves her uncle, Emma tries and tries to be a ballerina, but it just doesn't fit her personality. When Uncle Leo arrives, Emma shows off her new interpretation of ballet. This is a funny and endearing story that celebrates individuality.
Isela
This book is funny as Emma tried to be like a ballerina, after Uncle Leo sent her a ballerina outfit. The theme of this book is to "be yourself" like Emma. She danced at the end until she knocked over the fishbowl. I like this book because girls do not always need to be ballerina they can also enjoy other hobbies.
Allison
I appreciated the intent of this story, but since tutus definitely ARE my daughter's style, she couldn't quite identify with, "Get rid of everything glitzy and sparkly, and just be you!" See, she IS glitzy and sparkly. Still, it was a fun story and the pictures were very entertaining.
The Library Lady
I like the message about finding your own way of enjoying things. Though I suspect the author has never been in a ballet class. Once you've wobbled home from an hour's worth of feeling muscles you've never even known you HAD,you never think of ballet the same way again!
Cathy
What was Uncle Leo thinking sending Emma a ballerina outfit? She loves pirates and exploring, not pink tutus and dance shoes. But don't worry, everyone has advice for Emma on how to be a ballerina.

Suffice it to say that Emma is about as graceful as me.

Rebecca
I'm glad to read that Clara liked this, because it does pair so well with Dahlia. Long live creative gals who may or may not be pink and frilly!
S.j.reads
I enjoyed reading this story to my girls. I liked how the girl in it tried to make the best of the gift she got even though she really didn't like it. Sweet story.
Sue
Very cute story about a little girl who dances to the beat of her own drum, even at the risk of disappointing someone she loves dearly. Funny too :)
Jill
Not sure why this is a rainbow book, as tomboys are not necessarily lesbians, but the story is cute and fun. Illustrations are comical.
Heather
Very cute and funny. Emma is great, and I laughed when Uncle Leo explained the mix-up. (And again when Emma danced into the fishbowl.)
My daughter laughed so hard while I was reading this that she completely ignored the cocoa-whatever cereal in front of her.
Megan
Tomboy Emma receives a ballerina costume for her birthday - what is a red cowboy boot wearing frog chaser to do?
Megan Mccale
This is a great book for young girls. It shows them that even if they are a "tomboy" its okay.
Heather
My little ballerina loves this book!! Have to keep renewing it.
Tina
tomboy, ballerina, be yourself
Renee
Nov 24, 2010 Renee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: K-2nd
3.75
Mendy
Mendy marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Jennifer is currently reading it
Mar 05, 2014
Naomi
Naomi added it
Aug 28, 2013
Maelee Troutman
Maelee Troutman marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
The Impossible Patriotism Project History Makers - Toymakers (History Makers)