Start by marking “Tutus Aren't My Style” as Want to Read:
Tutus Aren't My Style

Tutus Aren't My Style

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  65 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Emma loves lizards and pirates and cowboy boots, so when a package arrives from Uncle Leo, she doesn?t know what to do with the ballerina costume inside. ?I don?t know how to be a ballerina,? Emma says. She flops when she should float, she trips when she should twirl, and her music sounds like burping! But when she decides to make her own rules about how to be a ballerina, ...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Dial Press

To ask other readers questions about Tutus Aren't My Style, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tutus Aren't My Style

The Croak 500 by Rhonda PattonGrayson the BULLY Frog with Ted and Raymond by Rhonda PattonDylan and the Croak Orleans Gang by Rhonda PattonTed and Raymond's Sea Adventure by Rhonda PattonSelfish Little Bob, Selfish No More! by Joyce  Mitchell
Cute Kid Books
20th out of 38 books — 11 voters
Dogs Don't Do Ballet by Anna KempTutus Aren't My Style by Linda SkeersThe Accidental Adventures of India McAllister by Charlotte AgellResearch for the Social Improvement and General Betterment of... by Amy IgnatowThe Death-Defying Pepper Roux by Geraldine McCaughrean
2011 Rainbow List
2nd out of 33 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Cindy Johnson
Feb 21, 2016 Cindy Johnson rated it it was amazing
For every girl who isn't a princess!
Gwen the Librarian
Feb 25, 2010 Gwen the Librarian rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
This is a great book for the little girls who aren't princess ballerinas - or anyone else. Tomboy Emma gets a package in the mail from her favorite uncle and there's a ballerina outfit inside. Because she loves her uncle, Emma tries and tries to be a ballerina, but it just doesn't fit her personality. When Uncle Leo arrives, Emma shows off her new interpretation of ballet. This is a funny and endearing story that celebrates individuality.
RLL 520 Sharonda Kimbrough
Mar 13, 2015 RLL 520 Sharonda Kimbrough rated it really liked it
Shelves: digital-text, lgbt
Read in digital format.
Isela
Feb 28, 2011 Isela rated it it was amazing
This book is funny as Emma tried to be like a ballerina, after Uncle Leo sent her a ballerina outfit. The theme of this book is to "be yourself" like Emma. She danced at the end until she knocked over the fishbowl. I like this book because girls do not always need to be ballerina they can also enjoy other hobbies.
Allison
Feb 19, 2015 Allison rated it liked it
I appreciated the intent of this story, but since tutus definitely ARE my daughter's style, she couldn't quite identify with, "Get rid of everything glitzy and sparkly, and just be you!" See, she IS glitzy and sparkly. Still, it was a fun story and the pictures were very entertaining.
The Library Lady
Mar 06, 2010 The Library Lady rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I like the message about finding your own way of enjoying things. Though I suspect the author has never been in a ballet class. Once you've wobbled home from an hour's worth of feeling muscles you've never even known you HAD,you never think of ballet the same way again!
Cathy
Feb 21, 2011 Cathy rated it it was amazing
What was Uncle Leo thinking sending Emma a ballerina outfit? She loves pirates and exploring, not pink tutus and dance shoes. But don't worry, everyone has advice for Emma on how to be a ballerina.

Suffice it to say that Emma is about as graceful as me.

Rebecca
Jun 21, 2011 Rebecca rated it really liked it
I'm glad to read that Clara liked this, because it does pair so well with Dahlia. Long live creative gals who may or may not be pink and frilly!
S.j.reads
Feb 17, 2012 S.j.reads rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this story to my girls. I liked how the girl in it tried to make the best of the gift she got even though she really didn't like it. Sweet story.
Sue
Jun 17, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it
Very cute story about a little girl who dances to the beat of her own drum, even at the risk of disappointing someone she loves dearly. Funny too :)
Jill
Jun 20, 2011 Jill rated it it was ok
Not sure why this is a rainbow book, as tomboys are not necessarily lesbians, but the story is cute and fun. Illustrations are comical.
Heather
Sep 14, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it
Very cute and funny. Emma is great, and I laughed when Uncle Leo explained the mix-up. (And again when Emma danced into the fishbowl.)
Apr 18, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: bean-books, picture
My daughter laughed so hard while I was reading this that she completely ignored the cocoa-whatever cereal in front of her.
Megan
Apr 03, 2010 Megan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Tomboy Emma receives a ballerina costume for her birthday - what is a red cowboy boot wearing frog chaser to do?
Megan Mccale
Oct 14, 2013 Megan Mccale rated it liked it
Shelves: award
This is a great book for young girls. It shows them that even if they are a "tomboy" its okay.
Heather
Sep 20, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it
My little ballerina loves this book!! Have to keep renewing it.
Tina Bartholoma
Apr 17, 2010 Tina Bartholoma rated it liked it
tomboy, ballerina, be yourself
Renee
Nov 24, 2010 Renee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: K-2nd
3.75
Genna
Genna marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Evan
Evan rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Franki Sibberson
Franki Sibberson rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015