Start by marking “Taming Clint Westmoreland (The Westmorelands, #12)” as Want to Read:
Taming Clint Westmoreland (The Westmorelands, #12)

Taming Clint Westmoreland (The Westmorelands #12)

4.38  ·  Rating Details ·  1,029 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews

In name only?
The moment ex-Texas Ranger Clint Westmoreland learned he was still married, he set the limits for his wife's stay at his luxurious horse ranch. But when she arrived, Clint's boundaries began to blur. He and Alyssa Barkley had thirty days to untangle the legal knot that had bound them together during an undercover assignment years before. But this sexy, curvac
Published February 5th 2008 by Silhouette Books (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Taming Clint Westmoreland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming Clint Westmoreland

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
It's kind of hard to rate this book because I like some things about it, but at the same time a few things annoyed me. I don't know why I let a fiction book get to me, but sometimes they do.

I think Brenda Jackson is a great writer. She really has a way of bringing a story to life. She writes some amazing chemistry between her characters, and also inspires poignancy in the reader. She doesn't rely on stereotypes, but makes her character realistic, human beings that anyone could relate to regardle
Chad
Feb 07, 2012 Chad rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=47

Another Westmoreland man is tamed; this time around it is Clint.

Ex-Texas Ranger Clint learns that he is still married to Alyssa Barkley, but the only way to get the marriage annulled is to live together for 30 days on Clint’s horse ranch. Talk about steamy, Brenda Jackson tells a story that lingers in your heart long after your finished, leaving you wanting and wishing for more from this romantic author!

I can truly say that I love Brenda Jackso
Shawnette
Sep 09, 2008 Shawnette rated it really liked it
It's ALWAYS fun to catch up with ever-growing Westmoreland family. Clint and Alyssa's story is a SENSUAL and SWEET read. I love this families close ties/bonds, once they consider you one of them (a Westmoreland, that is) they are EXTREMELY protective. Another quick, SPICY treat from Mrs. Jackson.
stilwaterz
Mar 23, 2012 stilwaterz rated it really liked it
Newly retired Texas Ranger Clint Westmoreland learns that due to an oversight by the agency, his “marriage” to his former partner was never annulled. So off to Austin he goes to unravel this mess. Clint has recently entered into a very lucrative horse-breeding business with his cousin Durango and brother-in-law McKinnon Quinn. This “marriage issue” is interfering with his plans to expand the business into Texas. Needless to say, Clint’s focus was redirected when he laid eyes on Alyssa Barkley. ...more
Dalia   ;)*
Aug 31, 2011 Dalia ;)* rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
I like to consider myself an avid reader, even though sometime I do get bored out of my mind with certain books. BUT with Taming Clint Westmoreland I was so completely enthralled by this book that by time actually looked at my status on the bottom of my kindle I was at 87% done. This one is definitely going on my ALL MY LOVED BOOKS Shelf. And I will most definitely be reading this book all over again!!!!
Lady Raven RAVE!
Great read love this series they are all Keepers for your collection can't wait for the other books.
Cheryl Shaw
it was good
Shonnie
Apr 08, 2011 Shonnie rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-book
Loved it.
Darla Stokes
Feb 15, 2013 Darla Stokes rated it liked it
Brenda Jackson's definitely a master of the short-format romance novel. Her stories are well-written with fully developed characters.

Thank goodness, because in another author's hands, I wouldn't have trusted enough to get past the premise: Clint and Alyssa got married for an undercover assignment, and it turns out they're still married. And they can't get an annulment. Why? It's not really explained. And their former boss, who could apparently expedite the process, refuses to do so until and un
Ms.Toni
Jul 25, 2012 Ms.Toni rated it really liked it
I Like Playing With Fire

Brenda Jackson revisits her familiar Westmoreland series with book twelve. Readers feel equally at home.

Clint Westmoreland, a former Texas Ranger, married his partner at the time, Alyssa Barkley, for an undercover assignment. The bad guys were caught, justice was served and Clint and Alyssa went their separate ways. Five years later the duo finds out that their “marriage” was never annulled. No problem, they’ll get it annulled quickly and again move on with their lives. N
Melinda
Dec 19, 2013 Melinda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The Westmoreland series is very entertaining because the women are strong and the men love this strength but it also scares them.

In the case of this book, Clint was against having a wife. His memories of Alyssa are not flattering. But he's definitely paying attention now. Alyssa on the other hand had a major crush on him then, but has her own life and business. Both believe in family but Alyssa's has some trifling members and Clint has just discover family he never new he had.

All in all it's a
Shanae
The talented Brenda Jackson did it again with another scintillating & sensual romance tale. Unfortunately, I give this book 4 stars because it was quite unbelievable. The annulment that wouldn't go through unless Alyssa & Clint lived together really bored me. There are many other ways that Jackson could have gone through that plot to make the take far more likely. But other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed this Westmoreland story.
Karen
Oct 22, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Clint Westmoreland got tamed alright when him and Alyssa found themselves having to live together for thirty days before their "fake" marriage for an operation as Texas Rangers could be annulled. During those thirty days, they both found the sexual chemistry and passion too much to bare to not be affected by the other. Awesome love story!
Lynetta
Nov 24, 2014 Lynetta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One up

I'm a fan of this series. The story lines are similarly written to link the stories together but this is in no way a "you've read one you've read them all" series. One Westmoreland is an appetizer, the clan is a feast. Twelve books into the series, Clint Westmoreland is a star above the rest and Alyssa Barkley is the object of his desire.
Meggan Smith
Aug 16, 2013 Meggan Smith rated it really liked it
This was a great read. I easily got lost in the storyline which gives a hopeless romantic such as myself a warm feeling inside. Who doesn't want to find love? ...this story made it all the more better because Clint nor Alyssa expected how things developed between them.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Chad
Publisher: Silhouette (An imprint of Harlequin Enterprise, LTD)
Genre: Romance

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Kyra Gates
Jul 06, 2012 Kyra Gates rated it it was amazing
This one almost brought tears to my eyes. Like always I wished this book was much longer. I enjoyed the story but would have love to see how Kim got more of what she deserved.
Taz Will
Jun 04, 2014 Taz Will rated it it was amazing
Just for the cover alone I wanted to read this one. Clint was just as hot in the story as he is on the cover. I love how him and Alyssa was forced back together.
Darla Lee
Nov 30, 2012 Darla Lee rated it it was amazing
The only thing that I can say was that this story gave me som esmokin hot ideas to try on my boyfriend using ribbon. It was HOT!
Dorel
Sep 22, 2012 Dorel rated it it was amazing
I love how the marriage to Clint helped Alyssa get the family she never had. I love how Clint made Alyssa's cousin Kim & Kim's husband feel stupid. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Thelani
Mar 17, 2015 Thelani rated it really liked it
A fantastic read and had me hooked. Literally finished the book in a day and could not put it down.
Arnissa Burnett
Apr 23, 2015 Arnissa Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Speechless

Amazing story. I loved every minute of the surprises. The Westmoreland family are a passionate bunch. Can't wait to read the next book. I can't stop reading.
Shaolyn Jean
May 17, 2011 Shaolyn Jean rated it it was amazing
Wow, what can I say about Brenda Jackson's books, they are so excited, steaming and.... the stories are amazing. So far, all the books i read from her, i love them. So, keep them coming Brenda....
Carla wynn
Mar 15, 2015 Carla wynn rated it really liked it
What do you do when you realize your fake marriage is real. And the judge presiding over the annulment, give you 30 days of living together before granting it. This was a fast read, but enjoyable.
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2015
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Karen's Bookshelf
Karen's Bookshelf rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Mary Lewis
Mary Lewis rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Dj
Dj rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2014
Porshai
Porshai rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2010
  • Dreaming of You (Graysons of New Mexico, #3)
  • King's Passion
  • Very Private Duty
  • Touch of Heaven (St. James Sisters #1; Mayne Attraction #1)
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • A Cinderella Affair (The Donovans #2)
  • Working Man
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands, #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmorelands, #2)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (The Westmorelands, #4)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmorelands, #6)
  • The Chase Is On (The Westmorelands, #7)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmorelands, #8)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble (The Westmorelands, #9)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)