Start by marking “Before & After Page Design” as Want to Read:
Before & After Page Design

Before & After Page Design

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Approaches design as an essential form of communication. This book helps learn by example how to design single-page and multi-page publications, brochures, and advertisements, applying the principles design professionals live by. It also shows how to choose the right font for your project, why one typeface works better than another, and much more.
Published December 10th 2003 by Peachpit Press

To ask other readers questions about Before & After Page Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before & After Page Design

Sebah
أعجبتني أشكال التخطيطات التي استعرضها. و المعلومات التي أوردها وجدتها مفيدة و تعلمت منها الكثير.

أظنه كتابا مهما لمن يود تصميم/تخطيط/نشر كتاب أو مجلة إلكترونيا.

---

Newsletters:
- left margin 13px, right: 9px, top: 4px, and botoom: 4px.
- Horizontal guides: 4(headline), 11.5, 19(top padding), 59 (bottom padding), 62 (line). Vertical: 2, 9, and 44.
- Headlines and bylines consistent throughout the paper.
- "Maintain at least 12 points of breathing room" between a headline and the text.
- 18 point spac
Great tips.: I subscribe to the before & after website and decided to buy this book based on my satisfaction with that membership. The book has great design information. It's so helpful to have the here's what it looked like before and here's how it could be better aspects. It really helps me in my design work.
Ang
I have been working with page design since high school and reviewing the basics is always a breath of fresh air that helps me reset and clear the clutter when I begin a project--or rework a project. Thanks john McWade!
Srinivas
Oct 02, 2010 Srinivas marked it as goodreads
Through Seth. He says John McWade's books taught him to see what others would see in a design that you the designer tend to ignore.
Russell Proctor
Great book. Bought whilst subscribing to Before & After magazine.
Shandy Tsai
Shandy Tsai marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
L
L marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Jenna
Jenna added it
Oct 05, 2014
Timothy Richards
Timothy Richards marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Rem Tsoy
Rem Tsoy marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Jacel
Jacel marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Before and After: How to Design Cool Stuff Before & After Graphics for Business Créations Graphiques Créations graphiques: Réussissez vos brochures, logos, pages web, newsletters, flyers, et bien plus encore ! (Hors collection) (French Edition) Vodič za cool dizajniranje : [dizajnirajte brošure, logotipe, posjetnice, letke, plakate, PowerPoint prezentacije... i sve što vam padne na pamet!]