Start by marking “Breakthrough: The Next Step” as Want to Read:
Breakthrough: The Next Step

Breakthrough: The Next Step (Communion #3)

With the same curiosity, awe, and undeniable credibility, the author of the million-copy bestsellers "Communion" and "Transformation" again crosses barriers into the unknown and recounts his experiences with extraterrestrials, providing very compelling proof of their presence here on Earth.
Published June 1st 1996 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Breakthrough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breakthrough

Jason Sta. Maria
May 28, 2012 Jason Sta. Maria rated it really liked it
I've already heard and read a lot about Mr. Whitley Strieber for years specially on books and Coast to Coast AM (specially) with Art Bell. But actually this is my very first book of Whitley Strieber and I liked it. It is a must read for every UFOlogist just like me. He shared a lot of things about his strange and sometimes creepy encounters with those Grey Aliens and he also disclosed some informations about the government denials regarding the real incident on Roswell, New Mexico. I will defini ...more
Cary
Sep 29, 2008 Cary rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people interested in the unconscious and the unknown.
Shelves: read-recently
Review ratings will vary wildly for this book. Some will approach it because they want the excitement of a sci-fi adventure and be disappointed. The thrill with this book comes from the author's ability and determination to probe his experiences and perceptions no matter how unusual or bizarre they are.

No-one can ever know for sure whether another person has had an experience or not, but even if it is pure fiction, it reveals much about trends in our collective psyche and so does the whole UFO
Dan
Apr 21, 2015 Dan rated it did not like it
Whenever Whitley Strieber publishes a book about his further adventures with his space friends, he receives bags of mail from various loons who have all of a sudden remembered having the *exact* same experiences as he describes in his books! This is obvious proof that the 'Visitors' are reading Strieber's books and are tailoring their abduction methods to match his descriptions. As a message. There is no possible alternate explanation to this phenomenon, so shut up. The Visitors don't like your ...more
Dodie Reed
Oct 29, 2011 Dodie Reed rated it really liked it
This is a second reading for me. Strieber continues with his experiences with the visitors, as he calls them and the psychological trials and tribulations he goes through as they are happening. He makes some tentative conclusions that are interesting and possibly mind altering. He says that his mind has certainly been altered since first remembering what has been going on with himself and his family.
Danielle
Aug 19, 2016 Danielle rated it liked it
i had a really hard time reading this book. I read most of it, but gave up with 20 pages left. I think that Mr. Strieber is way too intelligent for me. LOL! I love his books, especially his novels, and I think I'll leave the alien books alone for a while. I was totally engrossed at times, then couldn't get through it, found myself re-reading over and over. Not for me. Sorry.
Steve Parcell
Mar 25, 2015 Steve Parcell rated it liked it
Shelves: classic-horror
I love Whitley and his struggle with alien abduction was brilliantly told in Communion and Transformation. This book tells of his resolve and his constant struggle to accept the situation.
Once he has become "comfortable" with himself he is able to see the benefits of the experience.
Thoughtful and well written account
Ken
Apr 24, 2012 Ken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, aliens
Whitley's experiences and insights are pretty amazing. I was really surprised to see how much of the Key was actually presented here first.
Franz
Franz rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Joshua Billington
Joshua Billington rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2015
Ted
Ted rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Enoemos
Enoemos rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Wayne
Wayne rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2011
Pia
Pia rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2014
Steve Wehba
Steve Wehba rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2016
Abigail (Abbe)
Abigail (Abbe) rated it did not like it
Aug 24, 2008
Jared
Jared rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2011
Randy
Randy rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Corbett
Corbett rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2008
Karen Wilsey
Karen Wilsey rated it it was ok
Apr 08, 2010
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2008
Rob
Rob rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Chris Brown
Chris Brown rated it did not like it
May 07, 2015
Stephen
Stephen rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2013
Drive Like
Drive Like rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2011
Tipper
Tipper rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2011
Jason Cummins
Jason Cummins rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2013
Marina
Marina rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2011
Peggy
Peggy rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • UFOs and the National Security State 1: Chronology of a Coverup 1941-73
  • Earth: An Alien Enterprise: The Shocking Truth Behind the Greatest Cover-up in Human History
  • Operation Trojan Horse
  • Witnessed: The True Story of the Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abductions
  • Passport to Magonia: On UFOs, Folklore, and Parallel Worlds
  • Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us
  • The Threat: The Secret Agenda What the Aliens Really Want and How They Plan to Get It
  • Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience
  • Messages: The World's Most Documented Extraterrestrial Contact Story
  • Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens
  • Gods of Eden
  • Mirage Men: An Adventure into Paranoia, Espionage, Psychological Warfare, and UFOs
  • Hunt for the Skinwalker: Science Confronts the Unexplained at a Remote Ranch in Utah
  • Genes, Giants, Monsters, and Men: The Surviving Elites of the Cosmic War and Their Hidden Agenda
American writer best known for his horror novels The Wolfen and The Hunger and for Communion, a non-fiction description of his experiences with apparent alien contact. He has recently made significant advances in understanding this phenomenon, and has published his new discoveries in Solving the Communion Enigma.

Strieber also co-authored The Coming Global Superstorm with Art Bell, which inspired t
More about Whitley Strieber...

Communion (6 books)
  • Communion: A True Story
  • Transformation: The Breakthrough
  • The Secret School: Preparation for Contact
  • Confirmation: The Hard Evidence of Aliens Among Us
  • Solving the Communion Enigma: What Is to Come

“The Mars Committee and its various offshoots have struggled consistently over the years on behalf of the public interest. Their work is presented with great documentary force in Dr. Stanley V McDaniel’s 1993 book, The McDaniel Report, published by North Atlantic Books of Berkeley, California. This report should be required reading for anybody who cares about the future of public science.” 0 likes