Start by marking “The Lastling” as Want to Read:
The Lastling

The Lastling

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Fourteen-year-old Paris is thrilled when her rich, influential uncle Franklin decides to take her on a trip to the Himalayas. She hopes this will be her chance to prove just how mature and worthy of his company she is. But this will be no pleasure trip. Franklin and his friends are searching for rare and endangered species, and they travel deep into the war-ravaged forest...more
Published October 16th 2006 by Clarion Books (first published December 31st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Lastling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lastling

Shelby
this dude catches a yeti and this monk that the dude caught saves it and they run away and a bunch of other stuff happened
Robert
Paris, a spoiled rich girl, joins her uncle Franklin on a strange and mysterious expedition into the Himalayas. Tahr, an orphan boy and young monk in training, is taken on a journey by his master. And then there is a third entity, living in the wild, not expecting outsiders. Their paths are going to cross...

The Lastling is an adventure story. It is never boring. Some details are kept suitably vague - we're never quite sure which country we're in, who the rebels are and whose war is being fought....more
Jessica
This book is a bit more unique than typical novels dealing with creatures and teens having a fantastical adventure. The creature itself is not described with the stereotypical characteristics for that type of creature (I won't say the type of creature, because it would spoil the book). Also, the story has a bit of a serious tone (for example, dealing with warfare).

The book is easy to read, and the pace of the story is good. I never lost interest in the story (except maybe in the beginning of cha...more
Valerie
I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about this book and some of its messages bother me. Overall though it was an okay story that turned out very different than what I was expecting. Decent enough, and very original, but I have no plans to ever pick it up again.
Benn Jones
This book made very little sense to me, there is a story there but boy is it strange. Also still enjoyable.
Jenny
a unique action adventure featuring Tibet/China conflict, ugly Americans, Buddhism, and mythical creatures.
陈uuu
Jun 01, 2014 陈uuu added it
it's good
Neill Smith
Paris is traveling with black sheep uncle she idolizes and a motley crew of adventurers on a mysterious search for unconventional experiences when she meets Tahr, a young apprentice Buddhist monk whose master has just been killed while they were on a pilgrimage in northern India. Tahr has seen a yeti – the abominable snowman – and the search has taken a new direction.
Zoha Rashid
the first n second chapter of lastling are no fun at all!i didnt like them but when u move on to the middle of the story it gets thrilling and you really wanna drop everything until you have finished the story!actually it was given to me as a h.w for my vacations so that made it boring to read this but i liked it!do read it!its quite amazing!
Marianne
It is cool the way the lives of the three "teens" come together to tell the tale of the last creature of a species. I also liked how it talked about man's role in the extinction. It is a different look at things.
Anathema  Pulsifer
At times I thought it was weak, but it definitely caught me in the end. A story that portrays the role of humankind in the extinction of species and takes you to the edge of many lives....
Avril
I'm still reading it, don't know if I'll like it or not but my prediction is that I'll love it! :)
Danielle Redz
*2 STARS

Won't be doing full review for this one.
Mehru
Quite Interesting! :) Plus, the twists were great! :D
Shanif Tajuddin
it's good
Rodanthe
Rodanthe marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Gillian Wray
Gillian Wray marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Ali
Ali is currently reading it
Sep 03, 2014
Elisha
Elisha marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Ťåýýâb Úhfäq
Ťåýýâb Úhfäq marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Daud
Daud marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Turn to Stone Transformer The Water Table Going For Stone Facetaker (Point Horror Unleashed)