Start by marking “Abandoned” as Want to Read:
Abandoned

Abandoned

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  708 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Tisa Lewis has spent her life remembering frightening images from her childhood — a dead woman, headlights in the night, an empty highway, an abandoned girl clinging to a fence in the wind and the rain. These fleeting memories have restrained her, have pushed her to deny six fiancés, have prevented her from keeping a steady job, and have kept her from developing faith in h ...more
Published January 8th 2002 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Abandoned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abandoned

Princess Academy by Shannon HaleFablehaven by Brandon MullThe Goose Girl by Shannon HalePrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day GeorgePrincess of Glass by Jessica Day George
Books by Utah Authors
280th out of 734 books — 383 voters
Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
499th out of 499 books — 443 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa
Sep 02, 2008 Melissa rated it liked it
I added this to currently reading only to remember that I finished it this morning. Why is it that sometimes you end a book so abruptly that your brain just doesn't realize that it is finised. This always happens when I read a book quickly.

As with most of Jennie Hansen's mysteries, this has an element of romance mingled in as well as LDS teachings. The LDS angle features semi-prominantly in the story. The main character, Tisa, is trying to figure out who she really is and finds that the LDS gosp
Patricia
Dec 04, 2014 Patricia rated it really liked it
This was an interesting story. I like it when these LDS fiction stories have suspense and action with a bit of romance rather than just romance. Just a SPOILER ALERT HERE: One thing I really had a problem is how Hansen resolved the drama--she simply skipped it--one minute they are running for their lives and the next, they are safe and sound. Strange.
Angee
Dec 05, 2010 Angee rated it it was amazing
This one had me on the edge of my seat! Wow!

At the beginning, you read about two children who are being raised in a very abusive home. The one gets kidnapped and abandoned, and then the book leaves you hanging there. The real story begins many years later, and as you read, you start putting pieces together. It's a mystery to figure out as the characters from the past and the present start to become intertwined. You don't know who to trust, you don't know what's going to happen to the characters
Hannah
Jan 25, 2015 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Jennie Hansen always seems to blow me away with her stories. Abandoned is a page turner that I couldn't put down.
Kara
Mar 13, 2009 Kara rated it liked it
This book was good. Not great, but good. It had a good story line with some suspense. What I liked most was the fact that Tisa the main character learns to love herself and recognize she is a daughter of God. It is the most important relationship we have, the one with our Heavenly father. So I really liked how the author intertwined that aspect in with the suspence and love story. It was good.
Julia
Nov 19, 2010 Julia rated it it was ok
This book was way too predictable for me. I was able to tell pretty much every small detail of how the story progressed as I kept reading. It wasn't terrible, but reading mostly about wanted criminals, the Mafia & drug dealers really isn't my forte most of the time. I also thought Jennie Hansen added in too many unnecessary details that made the plot seem to drag a little more.
Christina
Mar 14, 2009 Christina rated it really liked it
I haven't read a lot of Jennie Hansen, but this is among my favorites so far. I think it is because I was annoyed that the last book I read with a modern-day setting seemed so disjointed. This one flows into one complete story.

I liked the excitement & the easy to relate to characters. I liked that even the bad guy has a soft side. The love story sub-plot was cute.
Katie W
Tisa was abandoned as a young girl and has always wondered about her past. her adopted brother is a cop and is working on a huge drug case, which involves the FBI. Cabe is the agent assigned and notices the spark between him and Tisa, but has a case to solve.

Full of danger and suspense, with a dash of romance, Abandoned is a page-turning read.
Suzanne
Feb 02, 2010 Suzanne rated it liked it
This is an ok book about a girl who is abused and abandoned then adopted by a good family but forever haunted by her early childhood which she doesn't remember. Her adopted brother is a policeman and she falls in love with an FBI man who are trying to bring down a crime family. Enough exciting bits to keep you interested.
Jan 30, 2010 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-novels
I didn't enjoy this book as much as some of Hansen's other books. It's about a girl who was very abused as a child, then adopted by a good family. However, the scars of her early years remained with her. I felt that some parts of the books just didn't hold together--or, how could they be so stupid?
LAWonder10
Jun 21, 2012 LAWonder10 rated it really liked it
This was well-written but lacked the deeper adventure it could have had. The plot was great and suspenseful but then she allowed sense a lapse in the delivery that temporarily lost the urge to hurry to the next page. It still was a great story and the ending great.
Lynne
Jan 02, 2012 Lynne rated it it was amazing
It took me a little bit of time to really get interested in the book. It's hard to read a few pages at a time and have it grab you. Ultimately sat down for an hour or so and read. I liked the book. This is the first I have read by this author.
TK
Jul 16, 2010 TK rated it liked it
All the book's mysteries are obvious by page 64--making the characters seem rather obtuse not to figure them out. However, it still held my interest, and I even cried over the predictable ending.
Megan Swanson
Dec 13, 2010 Megan Swanson rated it liked it
This was pretty intense. I caught on pretty early what was going on and who the players were, but I still couldn't seem to make it all fit nicely together in my head until the end.
Rachel
Apr 29, 2008 Rachel rated it it was amazing
This one really stick in your head. I sometimes can't remember the story line of the books I have read but this one is memorable. Perhaps not the writing ever but still a good book
Jun 08, 2008 Susan rated it liked it
Abandonment and adoption are the underlying themes. A young woman still struggles with why she was left beside a highway when she was four.
Heidee
Sep 29, 2009 Heidee rated it liked it
I liked this one! It kept you guessing and I loved the twists and turns and surprises. It definatly kept you on you toes! fun read!
Shannon
Oct 11, 2010 Shannon rated it liked it
This book started out really sad, about a little girl that was abused and abandoned, but it worked out good in the end and was a good read.
Shayne
Jul 21, 2009 Shayne rated it it was amazing
This is another great book of Jennie's. An interesting twist to it but then, that's what they're all about right?
Feb 12, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it
This is another amazing mystery/romance by Jennie Hansen. I liked how she ties everything up in the end.
Liesl
Apr 01, 2008 Liesl rated it really liked it
Recommended to Liesl by: Laurie
Shelves: lds-fiction
I really enjoy the Jennie Hanson books they are a fun read. I usually can hardly put them down.
Courtney White
Apr 20, 2009 Courtney White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book deals with some very hard issues so just be warned
Becky Carrell
Oct 04, 2012 Becky Carrell rated it it was amazing
Notsurewhy this isn't listed as written by Jennie Hansen...
Kristen
Dec 10, 2010 Kristen rated it liked it
Shelves: novel, 2005
One of those LDS novels. It is what it is.
Veneita
Apr 18, 2009 Veneita rated it it was ok
Another predictable romance but still good.
Kare
Jul 15, 2009 Kare rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorites of Jennie Hansen's.
Dec 01, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
It was good.
Sep 09, 2010 Sarah added it
love it
Katie Leatham
Katie Leatham rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Critchie
Critchie rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
  • I'll Find You
  • Above Suspicion (Haggerty Mystery, #3)
  • This Just in
  • Vanished (Maggie McKenzie Mystery, #1)
  • Without a Flaw