Start by marking “Animal Instincts” as Want to Read:
Animal Instincts

Animal Instincts

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  22 reviews
All our books are used but in good condition. All books checked carefully for damage before listing.EXCELLENT value for money and ready for dispatch using Amazons fufillment service.We believe you will be completely satisfied with our quick and reliable service. All orders are dispatched as swiftly as possible
Published June 18th 2001 by Pocket Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Animal Instincts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Instincts

Gail
I love Alan Titchmarsh as a presenter; will not hear anything against the man. But this is the first book of his I have read and I can't say I was terribly impressed.

I don't think the book was terribly well written and it was all just a little too glib and convenient in plot development.

What's worse, while I do enjoy the odd bedroom scene in a book, unfortunately this was narrated in my head by Mr Titchmarsh himself... it just felt indecent!!

I think I'll be sticking to his gardening publication
I Read
Carried on until page 87 and then thought, what's the point in going on with this story so gave up. I got this book off free-cycle so the previous owners obviously weren't that attached to it either!!

It wasn't appalling, but there was just nothing making me want to read it - not the characters, not the plot, not anything! I kept wondering when the humour mentioned on the back cover would begin - Rosamunde Pilcher even claiming it made her laugh out loud. I obviously never got to the funny bit!
John
Boring! Gave up half way through
Sarah Tucker
If you read his books anyway this is still a fun and well written book. Can honestly say I don't have any trouble in being swept into his books. Don't believe what you read about it being hard to get into. Read some of his other books then go back. Fab!
Jan
A very gentle book about a man who returns to Britain from Australia to sort out his recently deceased father's estate. While it covers some difficult subjects, such as Altzheimers disease, a potential suicide, banning of hunting and conservation, it does so as part of a quiet and slow plot. While the writing isn't wonderful, it is not awful either, and I enjoyed listening to Titchmarsh read his book.
Sian Hussein
A pleasant enough read, if a little predictable
Louise Randall
Enjoyable read if a little boring. It may be just me but found some of the characters behaviour very frustrating and not really believable. Ending of the story was not believable to me. Also, a few of the reveals at the end of the book were fairy obvious from the start and found it hard to believe that they weren't obvious to the main character.

Chandrica
It started out promisingly, and I was quite enjoying it but somehow the end seemed rushed and I really could not connect to it. It was like...okay...okay...okay...what? the premise is really nice though, however could have been explored way better.
Sho
Dec 26, 2012 Sho added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sho by: Mum
Shelves: fluffy, romance, gave-up
well, I didn't have any high expectations of this. It was getting to be a bit boring so I applied the "life is too short and you have 42 books on your to-be-read-shelf" rule.
Jean
Gentle (for the most part) romantic romp set in the English countryside but not afraid to include issues such as nature conservation, fox hunting, dementia and euthanasia.
Alice Dove
Maybe better stick to gardening, nice guy but I reckon even I could write something as good as this! It was pedestrian, sometimes it stimulated the interest but often lacked it.
Karen
Great character descriptions and a mass of emetions and feelings and wonderful landscape descriptions. Pleasure and light read after a busy day.
Chanel
I loved listening to Alan read his own story. His voice is so soothing and interesting. The story itself want awful. But not life changing either.
Lizzy B
Better than the last lighthouse keeper. Some interestin
g humour. Still v. Lightweight almost holiday chicklit.
Pauline
An ok read. Might try another by him cos I have heard that some are really good.
2.5 stars really... A very predictable ending to a pleasant but uninspired story.
Gillieporter
Feelgood bedtime reading and a bit of everything in there!
Well, I like him anyway...
Gillian
A sweet warm tale that dips its toe into a difficult topic. Loved it.
Nomie
rather predictable, a beach read i think.
Amanda Kent
Quite enjoyed the romp through the countryside .
Steven West
Steven West marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Shreen Gough
Shreen Gough marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
  • A Class Apart
  • Finding Mr. Rochester
  • Annie May's Black Book
  • Coconuts and Wonderbras: A Romantic Comedy Adventure
  • The Question (Morland Dynasty, #25)
  • Carrie / The Tommyknockers