Start by marking “A Field Guide to Household Bugs: It's a Jungle in Here” as Want to Read:
A Field Guide to Household Bugs: It's a Jungle in Here

A Field Guide to Household Bugs: It's a Jungle in Here

Welcome to your domestic jungle!

We are not alone. A Field Guide to Household Bugs is a tongue-in-cheek field guide to the menagerie of colorful and fascinating bloodsuckers, web-weavers, and pillow-jumpers that live invisibly in our homes. Each chapter features bold graphics and amazing microphotography of the “Wild Kingdom” we can find in our beds, kitchens, bathrooms,
Published September 25th 2007 by Plume

To ask other readers questions about A Field Guide to Household Bugs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Field Guide to Household Bugs

Andrea
Jan 10, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it
Shelves: nature, library
entertaining and gross and informative. Too short at 111 pages--I'm sure there are more common bugs in our NA houses than these!

Best observation comes in the introduction: "What really got our bug juices flowing is the paradox of that iconic American image called home. To most people, home has always been a symbol of calm; it's where the proverbial heart is, and it's a refuge form a dangerous world "out there." But what if home really isn't such a sanctuary after all....What if nature, in all h
Jennifer Daniel
Sep 23, 2010 Jennifer Daniel rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Got this to read up on bedbugs since we currently have an infestation of them at the library. What was mild concern is now full blown hysteria. Not only am I fearing the bedbugs I now have to worry about eyelash mites that are crawling over my face every night. Some things are just better left unknown.
Jeffrey
Sep 08, 2013 Jeffrey rated it it was ok
Way too many mistakes, omissions and over generalizations. I know it's targeted at a younger audience, but still... Ugh. The only reason I didn't give it a 1 was because of the marvelous pictures.
Jeannie
Sep 14, 2008 Jeannie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who aren't scared of bugs!
This is an awesome little book, I just LOVE it! Gets you right up close to all these gross little bugs, nicely illustrated and very well researched. I found it very informative.
Carol Wakefield
Dec 09, 2012 Carol Wakefield rated it it was amazing
It's short and easy. Nice to have a friend around while you read so you can share the icky parts. Very well done. Very informative. tMI ?? No way. Good stuff to know!
A
A rated it liked it
May 23, 2012
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
May 17, 2012
Torein
Torein rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2014
Muthoni
Muthoni rated it really liked it
May 29, 2014
Sean Spencer
Sean Spencer rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2016
kym
kym rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2011
Therese  A.  Brink
Therese A. Brink rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Jason
Jason rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2012
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2011
Wendi
Wendi rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Dana Morrill
Dana Morrill rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Videodrome84
Videodrome84 rated it it was ok
May 26, 2010
Alithea
Alithea rated it really liked it
May 12, 2010
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2009
Karen
Karen is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2010
Harriet Huestis
Harriet Huestis marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Ms.Keshk
Ms.Keshk marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Rachelle
Rachelle marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Sam Williamson
Sam Williamson marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016