Start by marking “Tax Racket” as Want to Read:
Tax Racket

Tax Racket

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In his previous bestsellers, The Government Racket and A Call for Revolution, Martin L. Gross alerted the nation to government waste, corruption, and the shocking squandering of public funds. But an even deeper and more pervasive problem is crippling America's economy and undermining our nation's strength: exce
Published May 23rd 1995 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Tax Racket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tax Racket

Kevin Kirkhoff
This is the only book that has made me want to run for public office. The IRS and Congress's motto should be:

If it moves, tax it.
If it doesn't move, tax it.
It it doesn't fit in either catagory, tax it.

This book was an eye-opening look inside the IRS, our tax system, and the Federal Government's dependency on it. It's simply amazing the things that are taxed. The author discusses in depth the history behind many of these taxes and why they are either outdated or just plain ridiculous.

In the end h
John Gaver
This book is dated, but it's still relevant, today. I thought that I knew all about taxes, but Martin made me aware of taxes that I had no idea existed. In my version, there was a tax calculator in the back. I don't know if it's still part of the book. But if it is, use it to calculate how much tax you really pay in a year. You will be astonished.
Cari D
Depressing & fascinating to see the myriad of ways the government reaches into our wallets. Abolition of the IRS is probably a pipe dream, but Gross offers a solid arguement on why and how we should do it.
Don't read if you already have high blood pressure!
Davo Harutyunyan
Davo Harutyunyan marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Jeffrey Jacobs
Jeffrey Jacobs marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Charles Carlini
Charles Carlini marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Rebekkila marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Christopher marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Daniel marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2012
Adam Portman
Adam Portman marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2012
Russ Autrey
Russ Autrey marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2012
Mike marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2012
Irvin marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2010
Ldh added it
Sep 20, 2009
The Conspiracy of Ignorance: The Failure of American Public Schools National Suicide: How Washington Is Destroying the American Dream from A to Z The Red President Government Racket, The The End of Sanity: Social and Cultural Madness in America