Start by marking “Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)” as Want to Read:
Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)

Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides #3)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,252 Ratings  ·  82 Reviews
Sophie Blake’s grandfather willed his fortune to the first of his granddaughters to marry a duke. Since her cousin, Deirdre, will seal the deal any day now, the quiet, bookish Sophie can sit back and enjoy her time with the only man she truly adores: Graham. No matter that the part charmer, part scoundrel has absolutely no designs on her! Sophie is content to engage Graham ...more
Published April 29th 2008 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Duke Most Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duke Most Wanted

The Duke and I by Julia QuinnA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtWhitney, My Love by Judith McNaughtSomething Wonderful by Judith McNaughtEleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean
Dukes... Bring 'em on!
153rd out of 333 books — 632 voters
Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnSeduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa KleypasScandal in Spring by Lisa KleypasNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanWhen He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn
"I've Loved You for Years."
215th out of 703 books — 884 voters

More lists with this book...

Ann Keller
Nov 05, 2015 Ann Keller rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this historical novel. This is the story of Sophie Blake, a quiet, bookish woman with few matrimonial prospects. Her cousins clearly outshine her in beauty and one of them surely will win the prize - obtaining the family's fortune by marrying a duke. So, Sophie is content to enjoy her remaining time with her friend, Lord Graham Cavendish, a lesser son apparently determined to pursue the ladies, drink and gamble as much as he can. That is, until Graham inherits his father ...more
D.W. Nichols
Tercero de la trilogía las Herederas. Pues este es el más "normal" de los tres, el que cuenta la historia más clásica, y la que menos he disfrutado precisamente porque ninguno de sus dos protagonistas son originales en ningún sentido.
The_Book_Queen
Jan 01, 2010 The_Book_Queen rated it really liked it
Passion, intrigue, mystery, and love. You'll find all of these and more in the pages of Duke Most Wanted. Celeste Bradley does a wonderful job at once again bringing to life a set of characters that readers will want to learn more about-- and not just the main characters either. In fact, as much as I enjoyed seeing Graham and Sophie falling for each other, I think the side story of two of the servants, John and Patricia's love was just as entertaining, if only a bit more brief in length.

Althoug
Laurie
Oct 08, 2011 Laurie rated it really liked it
Crystal
Sep 22, 2013 Crystal rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
3.5 actually. I debated on giving it a higher score but there was one little thing that was central to this book yet came out of nowhere. And...there was something else that I found...off.

Ok, the previous two books were about cousins. There were three cousins. Their mothers were sisters. Sometimes, if the gene pool is mixed enough, siblings don't look precisely alike but these sisters had a Scottish father. The cousins didn't look alike. Ok, I can sort of understand that but... our h, described
Rachel Rogers
Jun 14, 2009 Rachel Rogers rated it liked it
Yet another series where I start at the end. I won't be pursuing the rest of the trilogy. I really liked the initial premise of this book. The resolution of all the plotlines was GREAT!

Some Spoilers

The story begins with the flash to Sir Pickering's will, detailing that since none of his daughters married a duke, he leaves his 15,000 pounds in a trust for which ever grand or great grand-daughter does marry a man in this station. If no one does then it goes to charity.

Enter Sophie, the clumsy, boo
Limau Nipis
I am fond of Sophie, when I first read Celeste's story in The Duke Next Door. I find her bookish, plain and just enjoying life as it is.

But when I picked this up, I was wondering, my can't the hero, Graham sees Sophie for herself, when he knows her as just plain Sophie, not the enigmatic Sophie who changed her appearance later. I feel that if the writer has taken the effort to make us connect to the plain Sophie, I would enjoy the story more. I find her turning to beautiful Sophie a tad sour, pe
Roberta
Aug 14, 2013 Roberta rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency, fiction, romance
I enjoyed this book more than I should have. Grandfather writes a will leaving the bulk of his estate to the first of his three granddaughters to marry a duke. Twenty years later, two of the granddaughters are married, one of those almost sure to get the money by having married someone in line for dukedom. Sophie, the third granddaughter(stick thin, tall, glasses, ginger hair) develops a tendre for her third cousin, who is (of course) a handsome rake who is totally out of her league.

The plots a
J.D. Stroube
I was surprised to find that I truly loved this book.

It was the first book I read from this author, and I did not have high expectations.

Many romance authors can be drab and boring. However, Celeste Bradley used wit to lighten the mood. She also did not revolve the entire book around lovemaking.

I hate it when every other page is spent on intercourse.

This book was great, because it built up to its sexual potential, while concentrating on the relationship between the characters.

I recommend this
L8blmr
Feb 02, 2010 L8blmr rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed my spurt of getting reacquainted with this author. This book started with a familiar theme for historical romances - "plain" girl is friend of rake and falls for him; rake becomes heir to a title; someone transforms plain girl so rake notices, but now he needs money; and so on. However, a nice little curve ball was thrown in that took the tale in yet another direction before reaching its inevitable HEA.

Someday, when I finally finish plowing through my TBRs more or less alph
Nisha
Aug 03, 2009 Nisha rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of comedic regency romance
Cute story with a crazy little twist at the end. I didn't expect it and I first thought that it would be detracting. Obviously, I was wrong. Still, the twist caused some issues for me in believing Sophie's character and upbringing.

I actually like the friends to lovers theme, so I really enjoyed this book. It would have been perfect, if it wasn't for that twist. The characters from the previous books make a nice reappearance. The humor was well delivered. I catch myself repeating lines out loud,
Aspoon
Jun 26, 2014 Aspoon rated it really liked it
The tile was a little off..but I loved Graham’s and Sophia’s friendship. Nothing is more beautiful than having best friends fall in love. Unfortunately, I only had the audiobook available and due to the narrator over-the-top and whimsical narration I was kind of lost during certain scenes and because of the narrators over dramatic nature I didn’t get to truly feel the romance between Graham and Sophia…when he first saw her at the ballroom I wanted to go…aaawww he missed her….or aaaawww he does l ...more
Cathiecaffey
Apr 02, 2010 Cathiecaffey rated it it was amazing
This is the last book of a wonderful trilogy! Each time I finish one of Celeste Bradley's books, I need to read another! I loved reading the Trilogy one after another. This author's humorous writing voice is beautiful and fun to read. The romance with the h/h is so passionate and romantic. Perfect read!
April
A delicious Regency read!! Engaging characters and an entertaining plot line. Nice amount of steam to keep the story popping!

They really are quite a pair! Sophie was easily my fav of the cousins!!

I love a lively historical with all the pomp and circumstance! Really enjoyable read!

A fun series.
Kindaangelic
Aug 16, 2010 Kindaangelic rated it really liked it
I thought I was reading in order....turns out I miss a book..lol I like the plots but it does seem alot of whats read in the books seems to just show up in the book ,without any prior acknowledgement....such as Meggie and Sadie...liked the series but that just seemed to come out of left field!!
Heloise
Aug 12, 2008 Heloise rated it really liked it
Sophie is competing to be the first of three to marry a duke and gain a large inheritance. Only she knows she's not in the running. Liked it, want to know more about my opinion?
ChloeLeeNH
Jun 02, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Regency Era fans
This was my favorite of the 3. Probably the only one that I will keep. I loved Graham... and I love everyone coming together at the end. There is so much to say that could give away parts of this book so I will just say it is a great ending to a great series.
stella yip
Mar 01, 2012 stella yip rated it really liked it
Shelves: celeste-bradley, epub
whether or not if a family member is being blood related or not, once being adopted into the family you will be considered as a part of the family. therefore, it is correct that sadie can inherit the fortune, technically, she's is the legal granddaughter after all.
Sep 13, 2008 Jennifer rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Heiress Bride series. I really enjoyed this one. I was cheering both characters on expecially since I had become attached to them from reading the other two books. This was a light but extremely enjoyable read.
Amber
Mar 31, 2009 Amber rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency-romance
The third in the heiress bride trilogy. It took my several tries to read this book, I'm not sure why, because once I got into the story I couldn't put it down.
I loved Graham & Sophie and it was fun seeing Deirdre again.
Ashley
Dec 23, 2008 Ashley rated it really liked it
its pretty okay i guess.. not really as exciting as i thought it would be. but the little twist at the end was good.. really. and the sex part was awesome. although personally i thought it was too short XP
Amos
Oct 21, 2010 Amos rated it really liked it
Received by mail: 8-11-2010, planing to start pm 8/17/2010 acb. Finished am 8/19/2010 Verry good read. I enjoy a happy ending.
Silly, but fun. There were some loose ends that could be left alone, but could be explored some in a future novel if Bradley wanted to.
Melissa
Jan 22, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This was a good story, a bit of an unexpected twist at the end but it all turned out to be a happy ending.... my favorite!
Corinne
Jul 24, 2009 Corinne rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, but the end took a twist I didn't expect and I couldn't see that it was necessary.
Dancer
Jun 17, 2009 Dancer rated it really liked it
I love a true bluestocking, and Sophie Blake is just that. Graham Cavendish is a rake a reader could love.
Amanda
Aug 24, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it
My favorite in the Heiress Bride series. I really love when a man can change...
Nikki Jaden
Nov 07, 2010 Nikki Jaden rated it it was amazing
OMG! I can't put this book down! It is something genuinely spectacular!
Ceels
May 11, 2013 Ceels rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-read
The first two did annoy me just the littlest bit, this one, not so much.
Lauren
Duke Most Wanted
2 Stars

Synopsis
Sophie Blake is tall, thin and plain. She never thought to marry let alone set her sights on a duke until Graham Cavendish, the only man she has ever felt comfortable around, unexpectedly inherits a title and a mountain of debt with it. Suddenly, Sophie is in the running for the Pickering inheritance and for the man of her dreams.

Review
This series is my first encounter with Celeste Bradley and overall, I'm not impressed. Her plots are simplistic and her characters
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine 2 15 Dec 01, 2013 05:27PM
Duke most wanted review 1 26 Apr 27, 2008 04:17PM
  • The Marriage Contract (Marriage, #3)
  • A Fiery Baptism (Mills & Boon Romance, #3499)
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • Never Romance a Rake (Neville Family #3)
  • The Dangerous Gentleman (Rogues of Regent Street, #1)
  • Mistress to Her Husband
  • One Kiss From You (Switching Places, #2)
  • How to Treat a Lady (Talisman Ring, #3)
  • A Matter of Scandal (With This Ring, #3)
  • Only a Duke Will Do (School for Heiresses, #2)
  • His Captive Lady (Devil Riders, #2)
  • Society's Most Disreputable Gentleman (Wellingfords, #5)
  • Some Like It Wild (Kincaid Highland, #2)
  • Follow My Lead (The Blue Raven, #3)
  • The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2)
  • At the Duke's Pleasure (The Byrons of Braebourne, #3)
  • Knight of Seduction
  • Stealing the Bride (Danvers, #2)
Celeste Bradley is the author of Fallen, which was nominated for a RITA in 2002, and The Pretender, the first book in the Liars series. According to Bradley, the best thing about writing is that she finally gets to use the brain full of trivia she's collected over a lifetime of living in eight states, residing in over twenty homes, and changing her major five times. "It was research for my writing ...more
More about Celeste Bradley...

Heiress Brides (3 books)
  • Desperately Seeking a Duke (Heiress Brides, #1)
  • The Duke Next Door (Heiress Brides, #2)