Start by marking “If You Want to Scare Yourself” as Want to Read:
If You Want to Scare Yourself

If You Want to Scare Yourself

Bored and sick in bed, Freddy listens to four scary stories told to him by members of his family and then makes one up himself.
Published September 1st 1989 by J.B. Lippincott (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about If You Want to Scare Yourself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Want to Scare Yourself

Ithil
Jun 25, 2016 Ithil rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
De pequeña era muy fan de los libros de El pequeño vampiro. Y cuando digo muy fan digo que creo honestamente que fueron una gran parte de mi infancia y consolidaron una gran parte de mi persona. Estoy bastante segura que, de no haberme encontrado con esos libros, ahora mismo sería una persona muy diferente a la que escribe estas líneas. De esta forma, cuando me esteré que la autora había escrito más libros me lancé a su búsqueda y captura. Más que nada, por la emoción de esa parte de mi que aún ...more
Tonk82
Jun 09, 2016 Tonk82 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angela Sommer-Bodenburg es una de las autoras de libros infantiles mas populares de la historia. Sus dos sagas mas célebres siempre han sido "El pequeño vampiro" y "Chocolatoski", pero tiene un buen puñado de libros bastante interesantes aparte. Tiene una notable afición a las historias de terror, y "Si quieres pasar miedo" va en esa linea.

Son 5 pequeñas historias de terror dirigidas a un público infantil (aunque no demasiado, ya que el libro figura como para mayores de 11 años) que tienen como
Isa Lot
Nov 24, 2015 Isa Lot rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este libro infantil, llamado Historias de miedo, en español, me ha cautivado como siempre lo hacen las historias de Angela Sommer-Bodenburg, llevándome a mi infancia de nuevo. Es la historia de un chico que tiene que permanecer en cama por una lexión y pide a todos que le cuenten historias de miedo para no aburrirse. Las historias están muy bien, en su mayoría son de fantasmas, vampiros y hombres lobo.
Gaby
Jan 15, 2012 Gaby rated it it was amazing
I read the Spanish translation of this book some 15 years ago, and simple as the stories are, to this day I still consider them haunting and masterfully told. The illustrations too are unforgettable. Best scary book for children, hands down.
Lanie
Very creepy. I read this WAY back when and several of the spooky little tales have stuck with me, even after all these books and many, many, MANY books later. :) well written and scary, but not to scary. Perfect for older kids and preteens. I very much want to reread this someday soon. :D highly recommended for fans of horror.
Nicole
Jun 14, 2016 Nicole rated it really liked it
I loved this book so much as a kid that I can still remember most of the big plot details and the alternate cover. I had forgotten the name, but could state the plot well enough that someone figured out what it was.

The stories were great and really creepy. Thinking about them all these years later, they're still really creepy.
awenia
awenia rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2012
Victoria
Victoria rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2015
Kksalina Sweetlove
Kksalina Sweetlove rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Antonio Gonzalez
Antonio Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2015
Marcos Jordán
Marcos Jordán rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Nadia Tivvis
Nadia Tivvis rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Nazaret
Nazaret rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Marnie
Marnie rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Kaija
Kaija rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2009
Eden
Eden rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2009
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2012
Sianeka
Sianeka rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2008
Noor
Noor rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2011
Jeymei
Jeymei rated it did not like it
Sep 10, 2016
Pinky
Pinky rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2013
Guadalupe
Guadalupe rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2010
Corinne
Corinne rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2013
Jamey Smith
Jamey Smith rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Sarah (thegirltheycalljones)
Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Elan
Elan rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2010
Shashiface
Shashiface rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Angela Sommer-Bodenburg is the author of a number of fantasy books for children. Her most famous contribution to the field of children's fantasy is "The Little Vampire" series which has sold over 10 million copies and has been translated into over 30 languages. Sommer-Bodenburg states that her "vampire is not a bloodthirsty monster, however, but an affectionate little vampire with fears and ...more
More about Angela Sommer-Bodenburg...