Start by marking “A Regular Flood of Mishap” as Want to Read:
A Regular Flood of Mishap

A Regular Flood of Mishap

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A girl creates such a mess that she wonders if she'll ever be forgiven.
Published March 1st 1994 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about A Regular Flood of Mishap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Regular Flood of Mishap

Jocelyn
This book is really fun to read with a hillbilly accent. It's fun and cute, and the main message is that you can mess things up royally and your family will still love you. I only rated it 4 instead of 5 because we didn't read it enough times for me to be sure if it was Eleanor's favorite as much as mine.
Roseanne Wilkins
This is a fun read-aloud book that teaches you're loved no matter how many mistakes you make. I loved the names of the characters and how the story starts with just one simple mistake and then rolls into a whole mountain of trouble. Highly recommended.
Cana
Mommy says: Yee-hah! Black clouds fly my troubles in the sky! This kid has more bad luck (despite his good intentions) than a fly in in a black bear's molasses. Mighty fun to read with a good hillbilly accent.
Rima Halig
Have to read to see how much trouble Ima Bean gets into by messing with her Grandpaws fishing pole. FYI all the family members have some type of bean name in their name, very funny.
Susanne Davison
I absoluetly love this book. It's one that even my 24 year old daughter recently requested I read. I love to voice in this story and the tender family love shown to the little girl!
Kelly Ann
The Story of a boy who seems to have everything go wrong so he decides to run away. In the end he realizes that his family will still love him even if he messed everything up.
Madison
This would be a fun and exciting book to read to children. It shows children that everyone makes mistakes and it's ok
Kareen Warnick
Must be read aloud with a thick ol' accent!! This was a favorite of my kids when I was teaching.
Joann White
Great book about the adventures of a young boy running away from home. Good pictures.
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Ncimontessori Library
Ncimontessori Library is currently reading it
Feb 16, 2014
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Jordy
Jordy added it
May 11, 2013
William
William marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2011
Pam
Pam added it
Jan 13, 2012
I grew up in North Carolina and Kentucky, an ardent fan of anything that smacked of sports, crawdads, mud balls, forts built in the woods, secret codes, bicycles without fenders, butter pecan ice cream, and snow. I was, however, decidedly uninterested in writing-or any academic aspect of school, for that matter-never imagining that at the age of thirty-five I would become a published author. And y ...more
More about Tom Birdseye...
Storm Mountain Attack of the Mutant Underwear Soap! Soap! Don't Forget the Soap!: An Appalachain Folktale Airmail to the Moon Just Call Me Stupid