Start by marking “Turmoil in the Toybox” as Want to Read:
Turmoil in the Toybox

Turmoil in the Toybox

2.44 of 5 stars 2.44  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The cassette deals with the way toys and cartoons are being used to introduce the occult, violence and pagan religions to millions of our children.
Audio, Abridged, 191 pages
Published February 25th 2002 by Starburst Publishers (first published January 25th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Turmoil in the Toybox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turmoil in the Toybox

Crystal Starr Light
NOTE: I have not read this book, nor do I plan to. These are my thoughts and feelings about the summary page and reasons why I would never read this "book".

This "book" (or the factors behind its creation) is probably the biggest reason my parents stopped letting me watch Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles, She-Rah, Care Bears, and My Little Pony. (And wouldn't let me have a Care Bear, the one stuffed animal in the world I wanted more than anything. Oddly enough, they still let me collect MLP if not w
Sara
This book ruined my childhood.
JDP
undoubtedly the greatest source of unbridled comedy. this book claims that my little pony is in league with the anti-christ. you can't make this stuff up!
Leah
This book ruined the childhood of many people I know! I can't believe how many people actually took this book seriously!
I cannot respect a book that demonizes the Care Bears or My Little Ponies and would feel guilty giving this even one star...
David
Yeah, I was a kid in the 70s/80s who's Mom bought into this kind of material. The quotes from the book speak for themselves:

-------------

"Usual things happened during the time he was setting up to shoot the photographs for me -- like blown fuses and problems with the camera equipment -- things that never before had happened. When he realized what was happening, he called my parents and told them. After praying with them, he went back to work without any problems. It was apparent to us that Satan
Olivia
I'm not sure how I feel about this book. It had a lot of information in it and quite a few things I agree with but at the same time, most of these toys aren't even relevant today. However,the stats about tv are kinda shocking and it would be even more shocking to see the same ones today. Most of the book focuses on toys that were made from TV shows so the book was really mostly about tv. I doubt I'll read it again
Dave
I remember reading this when I was younger. I made the mistake of sharing it with my mother, who latched onto it and started combing through my toys and entertainment.
The truth is: this is fear-mongering in its purest form. Having grown up and discovered my faith on my own, I'm shocked and dismayed by the often tenuous and ridiculous connections Phillips makes. There may be some comedy value in this, cringeing and awkward as it is, but don't read it for any other purpose.
Alex
I laughed so hard when I read this! Haha!! Oh, geez.. Lemme' tell ya, if you don't believe in God, or if you loosely believe what the Bibe says, I would reccomend this book for you. You'll get a good laugh out of it and also see how screwed up some people are. I loved it!
Nathan Brown
This book is nothing more than a bunch of fear-mongering rubbish! And the author is nothing more than a money-grubbing con artist, hiding behind a veil of religious morality. Anyone who bases their beliefs on the writings of Phillips is making a HUGE mistake.
Ben Rankel
This book ruined my childhood.
Nicole G.
Apr 26, 2011 Nicole G. added it
Shelves: 2009
Yes, again. For science.
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
John
John is currently reading it
Dec 16, 2014
Trish Turner
Trish Turner marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
T
T marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Diana Gilroy
Diana Gilroy marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Kanchan
Kanchan marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Charmaine
Charmaine marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
The Truth about Power Rangers Saturday Morning Mind Control Dinosaurs: The Bible, Barney & Beyond Horror and Violence: The Deadly Duo in the Media Fast Boat Nekkid: An Escapade by Sea from Alaska to Mexico