Sky Masters (Patrick McLanahan, #3)

Sky Masters (Patrick McLanahan #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  1,605 ratings  ·  18 reviews
When Lieutenant Colonel Patrick McLanahan is offered the chance to test-fly a new B-2 bomber in strategic warfare training sorties, he jumps at the chance. This is McLanahan's chance to reconfirm his flying skills. By the author of "Flight of the Old Dog" and "Hammerheads".
Published August 13th 1992 by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (first published July 17th 1991)

Catch-22 by Joseph HellerFlight of the Intruder by Stephen CoontsFlight of the Old Dog by Dale BrownFinal Flight by Stephen CoontsBomber by Len Deighton
Military Aviation Novels
7th out of 41 books — 25 voters
Jurassic Park by Michael CrichtonThe Andromeda Strain by Michael CrichtonThe Hunt for Red October by Tom ClancyThe Meat Market by James ChalkSphere by Michael Crichton
Best Technothrillers Ever
414th out of 436 books — 568 voters

More lists with this book...

Peter
Before people played with their smartphones, they read stuff like this on the subway or planes, and pretended they were on the cutting edge of technology. Lots of electronic stuff here that's just now reaching consumers.

Decent techno-thriller that's also an interesting period piece from right after the Berlin Wall fell and the Cold war was winding down. Also, military planes and jets and rockets, missiles, satellites, and radars...and naval battles, and well...you get the idea...
Ultan
George
An abridged version that lasted barely two hours. It was so tactical that it would have made a good CONOPS vignette for a new weapon system -- 25 years ago. LtCol McLanahan fights a B2 with more fantastic capabilities than a 50 plane gorilla strike in a SE Pacific scenario.
John Boettcher
I was expecting the same kind of page turning adventure with this one as I did with Flight of the Old Dog, etc, but this one just didn't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, it is still a decent read, just not up to snuff with that great book!
Aaron
Great book! Awesome story lines that jumped away from one just at the perfect time to keep you interested in the story as a whole. Absolutely loved it and just so glad there's another book from Dale Brown that I can pick up and read tomorrow!
Clyn
Very well written for the lay person. Kept me interested throughout. Thoroughly enjoyable read, This is my second book by this author and I will certainly continue to read his work.
Jamie
My first Dale Brown read and I was hooked. The incredible detail never obscured the action only added to it. Read his first and follow thru the series is the way to go.
Jane Fenn
Cross between 'Boys Own' and 'Jane's Recognition Guide' to military aircraft/ships/weapons heldtogether with a very minimal story line. Dull.
Stefan Vucak
With 'Sky Masters', Dale Brown continues with his cast of characters, demonstrating his skill writing about aerial warfare.
Dennis
I sometimes got lost in the details but this was still a great read. I always enjoy Dale Brown's books. Recommend.
Kurt Vosper
More aviation thriller from Dale Brown. Fighting battles this time over islands rich in oil.
Doug
Solid, if a little light on McLanahan. China and the Philippines are on the brink of war.
Doug Heerema
Skipped this book in the series because only offered in 2 hour abridged format.
Rudolph Alama
the book's climax, Davao City under hostage from a nuclear-armed Chinese destroyer.
Hp Arronnax
First novel book I read about Flying tech. fiction. Amazing!
Roy
Too much tech. stuff but lots of action.
John Wojcik
very entertaining
Brian Lawrence
Brian Lawrence marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Amandahomsher
Amandahomsher marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
  • Cauldron
  • Fortunes of War
  • The Ten Thousand (Scott Dixon, #4)
  • Storming Intrepid
  • H.M.S. Unseen (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #3)
Former U.S. Air Force captain Dale Brown is the superstar author of eleven consecutive New York Times best-selling military-action-aviation adventure novels: FLIGHT OF THE OLD DOG (1987), SILVER TOWER (1988), DAY OF THE CHEETAH (1989), HAMMERHEADS (1990), SKY MASTERS (1991), NIGHT OF THE HAWK (1992), CHAINS OF COMMAND (1993), STORMING HEAVEN (1994), SHADOWS OF STEEL (1996) and FATAL TERRAIN (1997)...more
More about Dale Brown...
Flight of the Old Dog (Patrick McLanahan, #1) Day of the Cheetah (Patrick McLanahan, #4) The Tin Man (Patrick McLanahan, #7) Hammer Heads Fatal Terrain (Patrick McLanahan, #6)