Start by marking “Poison Island” as Want to Read:
Poison Island
Preview

Poison Island (Zac Power: Classic #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Mission: Find Formula for Solution XEnemy: Dr. DrasticFeatured Gadget: SpyPad Turbo DeluxeDanger Rating: 6.7 Zac Power is on a mission to the world's most dangerous island. He has to track down Dr. Drastic, an evil mad scientist, in a jungle is full of quicksand, piranhas, and poison frogs. No sweat! When you come from a family of spies, you do this sort of thing millions ...more
Published October 28th 2008 by Feiwel & Friends (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Poison Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poison Island

sabisteb
Streng geheim – Mission erhalten am Sonntag 23:59 Uhr.
Der böse Dr. Drastic hat das sogenannte X-Wasser erfunden. Das ist ein Heilmittel für alle Krankheiten, die es je gegeben hat. Aus unseren Quellen haben wir erfahren, dass Dr. Drastic das X-Wasser in einem streng geheimen Labor irgendwo auf der Giftfrosch-Insel herstellt.
Deine Mission:
- Finde das Heimlabor
- Beschaffe die Formel für das X-Wasser
- Bring sie bis Montag 24 Uhr unversehrt zur Einsatzzentrale

Der zwölfjährige Zack Power ist Geheimag
William Cameron
Best book when I was about 8
Mary Ann
Zac Power has been my 2nd grade daughter's favorite series this year. It's full of action and adventure, new toys and gadgets, evil guys and exciting missions.

Zac Power's family works for the G.I.B.: the Government Investigation Bureau. Zac, his mom and dad, and his brother Leon all work to help solve international crimes in death-defying missions. In this episode, the first of four published in the U.S., Zac must track down Dr. Drastic, an evil mad scientist, before he sells Solution X to the w
Kelli
Good. I'm reading these to my almost four year old son. He had to have these at the library and seems to love them. I'm not sure why, but he'll sit through the whole thing being read in one sitting so I can't complain too much. It beats playing hot wheels for hours or crashing monster trucks! :-)
R.H.
I really like poison island I think it is fun and easy to read. I think you would have fun reading it. It is an interesting book that catches your eye when I saw it I knew I wanted to read it. I think you will also GOODBYE.
Matti Karjalainen
"Myrkkysaari" (Sanoma Magazines, 2012) aloittaa 12-vuotiaasta teiniagentista Zac Powerista (hah hah)kertovan kirjasarjan, jonka takana on yhteisen pseudonyymin taakse kätkeytyvä monipäinen kirjoittajajoukko.

Sarjan avausosassa ollaan trooppisella saarella, jossa Zac yrittää saada käsiinsä ilkeän tohtorin laatiman lääkekaavan. Seikkailun aikana joudutaan varomaan piraijoja, purkautumaisillaan olevaa tulivuorta, myrkyllisiä sammakoita ja kahta tyhmää tohtorin apulaista. Kaikki kliseet ovat siis kä
Darlene Williams
Fabulous read-aloud for beginner chapter book students. Paced perfectly, leaving students on the edge-of-their-seats. Great for girls and boys alike!
Ellen
Gadgets, gizmos, and secret adventure... who doesn't love a good spy story? Where 007 and Alex Rider thrill older readers, Zac Power now brings the fun home to a whole new set of early readers just starting out chapter books. Young boys will love the fast-paced, funny antics with pictures and graphic novel-styled Zap! and Wow! exclamations. In Poison Island, Zac must rescue his brother and save the world from a mad scientist who developed poison Formula X. All that's left is to discover the miss ...more
Luke
Another book in the zac power series. In this book Zac is in the jungle on a lone island looking for a poisonous and dangerous chemical that could destroy the world in the hands of evil.with the island surrounded by guards,infiltrating the secret lair will not be as easy as he first thought.

I like this book because it is a book that relates to children of my age and has a cool scense of being a undercover operative trying to save the world.It also is not a large book and dose not take a long tim
elisha
Screening for my 7.5 year old before he reads the book so this is a "Mom" review looking for inappropriate things. :)

What's in there:
*The only thing I disagreed with in this book was that Zac's solution to find the Solution X was to mix up recipes with poison in them and try them. I just discussed with my son to ensure that he should never taste something if he doesn't know what is in it.

Overall, a fun spy adventure story!
Reetta Saine
Tämä on kyllä kohtuullisen järkyttävää kuraa jatkuvine päälauseineen. Mikään ei hätkäytä päähenkilöä, joka joutuu näennäisesti uhkaavien ja potentiaalisesti mielenkiintoisten tilanteiden armoille. Kirjailija kuvaa tätä kaikkea ulkopuolisen tyynesti jättäen lukijan hyvinkin yksin säälimään Zac Poweria, jonka tarinat on saatu laimennettua näin tehokkaasti.

Miksi pienille ei kirjoiteta kunnon toimintaa?
Claire
Zac Power is a cocky little guy, he is on a mission with his family against the nefarious Dr. Drastic. When his brother is kidnapped the stakes go up and Zac comes to understand the talents his brother brings to the team.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Think Spy Kids for early chapter book readers. Will read second book to see if the book evolves some (in terms of writing and character development) and can see some kids really enjoying this type of book,
Markku Kesti
Liityn haukkujien kuoroon. Väljähtynyttä toimintaa, jossa jokainen klisee on käytössä, mutta mikään ei vaikuta lukijaa. Menee silti vinkkauksissa kuin häkä, mutta omg mitä järkyttävää tuubaa on tämä.
LauraW
Sorry, this one was not for me. One dimensional characters, ludicrous problems and solutions, simplistic prose. Come on, there have got to be better action/adventure books than this.
Kayla
This is an action packed book. Any child who likes adventure will enjoy this book. The end of each chapter leaves you wondering what will happen next. It is an exciting story.
Arja
Nov 03, 2012 Arja rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: lapset
Aika kamalaa, mutta luettua tuli, koska kirjan helppolukuisuus miellytti. Kokeilen erityisluokan vinkkaukseen.
Suvi
Kovin on epäjännää toimintaa kirja pullollaan, mutta sopii varmaan mukavasti pienemmille pojille. Vinkkaukseen.
Fatma
My son says he loved all of it :) , learning to review books , I think he will have long way to go.
Alysha Forman
Even smart alec, older brothers that are computer geeks can be captured.
Nathaniel
I do not have a desire to read book #2 or the rest of them.
Matthew Harrison
Alright but not the best book in the world. Prefered deep waters
Alex
May 18, 2011 Alex added it
This book was a very interesting about what happened i liked it
Christian
It was so good, I read it twice before taking it back to the library.
Andrew
Great fun to read aloud, and 8 year old boys just love it.
Kaden
it was a pretty good book very short books
Jock `taylor
i just read this book when i cant find a book
Lucybean
I loved this when I was 7
Dorsa Rahimi
I think I can read it
Iss2017lucrecia
I like this book
  • The Escape of the Deadly Dinosaur: USA (Secret Agent Jack Stalwart, #1)
  • Spunky Tells All
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • The Gizmo Again (Gizmo, #2)
  • The Adventures of Sir Gawain the True (Knights' Tales, #3)
  • Never Glue Your Friends to Chairs (Roscoe Riley Rules, #1)
  • Stink: The Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Stink, #6)
  • Star Jumper: Journal of a Cardboard Genius
  • Lulu and the Brontosaurus
  • Summer Reading is Killing Me! (Time Warp Trio #7)
  • Lulu and the Duck in the Park
  • Poppleton
  • Sophie Simon Solves Them All
  • The Boys' Book of Survival: How to Survive Anything, Anywhere
  • Just Macbeth
  • Doubting Thomas
  • Clementine and the Spring Trip (Clementine, #6)
  • The Battling Bands (Knights of the Lunch Table, #3)
After three years, it is finally time to lift the lid on the secret identity of the Zac Power series’ best-selling author, H.I. Larry.

Zac Power’s world of adventure and espionage has been immensely successful, with around fifty exciting stories published and over a million copies sold in Australia alone. The ‘H.I. Larry’ pseudonym was used to keep the series consistent (and boringly, ensure that a
More about H.I. Larry...

Zac Power: Classic (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Deep Waters
  • Mind Games
  • Frozen Fear
  • Tomb of Doom
  • Night Raid
  • Lunar Strike
  • Sudden Drop
  • Blockbuster (Zac Power, #9)
  • Shockwave