Start by marking “Tell Me Some More... (An I Can Read Book)” as Want to Read:
Tell Me Some More... (An I Can Read Book)

Tell Me Some More... (An I Can Read Book)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Andrew introduces his friend to a magical place--the library--where he can ' hold a camel in his hand ' or ' carry home a steam shovel.' ' Highly original and full of fun.' --H.
Published May 20th 1961 by Harper & Row

To ask other readers questions about Tell Me Some More..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell Me Some More...

Jen
At 4:30 am this morning my daughter was preparing to go on a Smithsonian field trip. Into the kitchen she lugged her two-ton backpack and pillow pet. She assured me she'd need both on the bus. As she got out a bottled water and a huge sack lunch from the fridge, I wondered:

WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BACKPACK?

And guess what? I invoked the mommy clause and unzipped it, despite her shrieking, "Mom, it's all packed! It's already packed!" It held these things:

11 books
2 headbands
1 hairbrush
a pock
Dolly
Jun 05, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Shelves: 2012, childrens, library
This is a short and entertaining story about the magic of books and the library. It's good for beginning readers and the repetition in the narrative will likely reassure young children, although it started to annoy me.

The illustrations are humorous and have an old fashioned feel (which makes sense, as the book was originally published over 50 years ago.) Overall, I liked the way that Andrew enticed Tim (and later, Tim enticed Tansy) to discover the wonderful world of the library. We enjoyed rea
Ryan Dreier
Illustrated by Fritz Siebel

There was good use of repetition of the words in this book that would build the reader's confidence and the pictures also give good clues to the words associated with the story.
Betsy
I missed this charming I Can Read book when I was young. It's about children telling other children about all that you can find and do in a library.
Melissa
This is the book that started my love for reading.
Mckinley
Indoctronization!!!
Katterley
Katterley marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Jun 01, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Stargazer
Stargazer marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Staci
Staci added it
Nov 28, 2013
Although Bonsall studied at New York University School of Architecture and the American School of Design, she is most known for her children's books.

Her career as a children's author started as a doodle on her drawing board. Later, a doll manufacturer purchased the rights to her orange-haired, freckle-faced rag doll who later became a character in her first book, The Surprise Party.

Bonsall died in
More about Crosby Bonsall...
Who's a Pest? And I Mean It, Stanley Mine's the Best The Case of the Cat's Meow The Case of the Hungry Stranger (I Can Read Books)