Start by marking “100 Creepy Little Creature Stories” as Want to Read:
100 Creepy Little Creature Stories

100 Creepy Little Creature Stories

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  69 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Very few things are more frightening than unearthly creatures conceived by the masterminds of supernatural fiction. This collection of the macabre includes stories from F. Murray Gilchrist, Edgar Allan Poe, E.F. Benson, others.
Published July 15th 1994 by Barnes & Noble (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Creepy Little Creature Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Creepy Little Creature Stories

Baby Teeth by Dan RabartsFresh Fear by William   CookRead the End First by Suzanne RobbZippered Flesh by Weldon BurgeDead Harvest by Mark Parker
Best Horror Anthologies
146th out of 351 books — 658 voters
Tail of the Devil by Danielle DeVorVampire Origins - Project Ichorous by Riley BanksLuna Aeturnus by Simon OkillPapap's Teeth by Danielle DeVorAncient Blood by Brian Patrick McKinley
Vampires and Other Supernaturals
91st out of 97 books — 91 voters

More lists with this book...

Gaabriel  Becket
Feb 04, 2009 Gaabriel Becket rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
There were some pearls in this collection, there was some poop in this collection but it was all worth everything to me to read H.P. Lovecraft's, "The Unnameable." WOW, hadn't even heard of that story - it's Lovecraft arguing with his own detractors, maybe himself, great to read. Many of the stories read like slush pile rejects someone gathered up and noticed there was enough to throw out an anthology, some of them are old and charming in what was thought to be horror then or how "horrible" it w ...more
Eric
Dec 10, 2008 Eric rated it really liked it
It seems like I've been reading this book forever. I actually started it before Halloween and finally finished it. It's basically a comprehensive presentation of 20th century horror fiction. Classic authors like Lovecraft, Derleth, Cave, MR James and EF Benson are all represented, along with more modern authors like Stephen Rainey and Steve Rasnic Tem and William F. Nolan.

Most of the tales are excellent, of course, well-written and creepy. It is a chore to get through it, but well worth the eff
Ramoths Own
I liked this book for the old stories that it contained. I love the old fashioned language, the feeling of another time that they evoked and some genuinely creepy tales. since there are 100 I am not going to try and give a review of them, just to say that I found it enjoyable and am glad that I read it.
I Heart Dark  Arts
Sep 23, 2011 I Heart Dark Arts rated it really liked it
Shelves:
Out of all the horror authors I read H.P. Lovecraft is one author I can not finish, he stuff is so scary it's not even funny. I love this book tho!
Jabberjawocky
Aug 20, 2012 Jabberjawocky rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
Above average animal/monster-themed anthology. Incredibly enjoyable title with many great tales.
Critter Reyome
Critter Reyome marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Amanda North
Amanda North marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Troy Reeder
Troy Reeder marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Aaron "Biggs" Comparetto
Aaron "Biggs" Comparetto rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Will Skolochenko
Will Skolochenko marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Steve
Steve is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2016
Sean
Sean rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2016
Yvette
Yvette marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Maya Martin
Maya Martin marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Jacob J.
Jacob J. marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Wyldrabbit
Wyldrabbit rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Crystalee
Crystalee marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Serena
Serena marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Andrea
Andrea added it
Oct 16, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Manda Seats
Manda Seats marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Lee Billingsley
Lee Billingsley marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015