Start by marking “Lindsey” as Want to Read:

Lindsey (American Girl of the Year)

Ten-year-old Lindsey is full of good intentions. So why does she always wind up in trouble?
Published December 3rd 2005 by American Girl Publishing Inc (first published September 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Lindsey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lindsey

Meet Samantha by Susan S. AdlerMeet Felicity by Valerie TrippMeet Addy by Connie Rose PorterMeet Molly by Valerie TrippMeet Kirsten by Janet Beeler Shaw
An American Girl
78th out of 168 books — 57 voters
Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All by Rachel Renée RussellSmile by Raina TelgemeierHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingTales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star by Rachel Renée RussellTales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life by Rachel Renée Russell
Best Girls Tween Fiction
81st out of 216 books — 103 voters

More lists with this book...

Sam T
Apr 14, 2016 Sam T added it
I read Lindsey by Chryssa Atiskon. Lindsey is a 3rd grader who Tries to make the world a better place. Even though Lindsey gets in trouble for making the world a better place. Lindsey has still changed people's lives.

One day game from school Linsdey spots Blair and Missy bullying April. The two girls through April's bag into a tree. So April tries to climb the tree to get it. As well, the two girls take April's shoes and puts them in a trash. Anyway Lindsey ends up getting April's bag for her.
Jul 12, 2014 Rachel rated it it was ok
Lindsey is a likeable 10-year-old girl who definitely acts before she thinks. I thought this book was okay, but the lack of parental respect annoyed me a bit. There was one incident where the brother has thrown a pillow at his mother because she said "no" to something he wanted for his Bar-Mitzpah.
Aug 20, 2008 Emily rated it really liked it
This book,was generally for a younger audince, but I read the back, and I was desperate for any book to read. I LOVED it! It was so funny, and cute, and honestly I would read it 10 more times. Such a great book, anyone can read it. I definately recommend it.
This book is far below my reading level, but it has been sitting in my room for years and I can not justify keeping it if I just don't read it. It was a cute children's book though. I did enjoy it =]
Sarah Crawford
Feb 17, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Lindsey is one of those people who always try to do good, but for some reason their efforts have a tendency to cause more problems than they solve. In Lindsey's case, it's like getting in trouble with the police for putting happy faces on garbage cans, or trying to bring people together who don't want to be together. Then there's also the saving of an unpopular student from bullies, or standing up to other girl students who don't like her, or trying to find her missing dog, or---. Anyhow, you ge ...more
Sep 19, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it
**Spoiler Alert**

American Girl Book Club gave Lindsey 4.25 stars. This is very rambling.

All of the girls enjoyed reading this book and especially liked the relationship between Lindsey and her dog. One student related to how Lindsey felt while Mr. Tiny was missing, the student had an old dog that had to be put down. None of them could understand why people were upset about the trash can incident, and I'm with them.

Another student expressed trepidation over Uncle Bernie moving in with Lindsey a
Kristine Hansen
Lindsey is a girl that everyone knows too well. She's that bumbling child who means well, but never has anything quite turn out the way she thinks it ought to. She jumps in and acts first, completely without thinking, but has at the heart of everything kind intentions.

Yep. She's THAT girl - she's us at that age, reminding us of those horribly embarrassing moments where we too, meant well.

I liked that about Lindsey. She has moments that make you cringe, she's got moments that make you want to ch
Lindsey wants to help solve people's problems, but she often ends up making things worse. After several amusing misadventures, things work out.
Lindsay is an American Girl Today Book. Lindsay Bergman is 10 year old Jewish girl who loves her dog Tiny but doesn't like matzo balls. She loves helping people and defending her friends against bullies. Also she loves playing matchmaker to her two teachers. But her biggest task is cheering up her grumpy uncle. Great for girls or boys in 2nd and 3rd grade.
I didn't particularly like this book. I don't really know why but it just did not at all appeal to me. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone who likes historical fiction.
May 21, 2016 storystereo marked it as to-read
Edit 5/22/16:
No idea where that review came from. Don't remember reading most of the book. Very odd.

Lindsey was most certainly a character! ;)
Jun 30, 2015 E rated it it was amazing
Useless, 10-word review: Unexpectedly charming. Lindsey came off like a real American Girl!
Kristin Stowe
Jul 29, 2011 Kristin Stowe rated it it was amazing
I loved this book sooooo much b/c Its about a girl that gets in alot of trouble.
Jun 11, 2016 Kelly rated it it was ok
Shelves: ag-books, goty, own
Awkward for the first half, gets better. But still not that great of a story.
Carly Shaffer
Aug 29, 2012 Carly Shaffer rated it liked it
I love the American Girls, and Lindsey is the most relatable of them all.
Mar 17, 2009 Lindsey rated it it was amazing
funny at times
Feb 17, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
Mr. Halbur
Mr. Halbur rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2016
Kimber marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016
Jana Thomas
Jana Thomas rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2016
Jessica Walter
Jessica Walter rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2016
Tracijomuir marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2016
Lindsey Stoddard
Lindsey Stoddard rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Emily added it
Sep 08, 2016
Thomas D Tully
Thomas D Tully rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
  • Jess
  • Kailey
  • Bravo, Mia! (American Girl of the Year)
  • Marisol
  • Thanks to Nicki
  • Nellie's Promise (American Girls: Samantha, #7)
  • Julie and the Eagles (American Girls: Julie, #4)
  • Good Luck, Ivy (American Girls: Julie)
  • Welcome to Felicity's World · 1774: Growing Up in Colonial America (American Girls Collection)
  • Peril at King's Creek: A Felicity Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Danger at the Zoo: A Kit Mystery (American Girl Mysteries (Quality))
  • High Hopes for Addy

American Girl of the Year (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Kailey
  • Marisol
  • Jess
  • Nicki
  • Thanks to Nicki
  • Mia
  • Bravo, Mia! (American Girl of the Year)
  • Chrissa