Lindsey

Lindsey (American Girl of the Year)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  214 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Ten-year-old Lindsey is full of good intentions. So why does she always wind up in trouble?
Published December 3rd 2005 by American Girl Publishing Inc (first published September 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Lindsey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lindsey

Meet Samantha by Susan S. AdlerMeet Addy by Connie Rose PorterMeet Molly by Valerie TrippMeet Felicity by Valerie TrippChanges for Molly by Valerie Tripp
An American Girl
72nd out of 127 books — 42 voters
Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All by Rachel Renée RussellSmile by Raina TelgemeierTales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star by Rachel Renée RussellDork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellTales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl by Rachel Renée Russell
Best Girls Tween Fiction
45th out of 160 books — 46 voters

More lists with this book...

Rachel
Lindsey is a likeable 10-year-old girl who definitely acts before she thinks. I thought this book was okay, but the lack of parental respect annoyed me a bit. There was one incident where the brother has thrown a pillow at his mother because she said "no" to something he wanted for his Bar-Mitzpah.
Emily
This book,was generally for a younger audince, but I read the back, and I was desperate for any book to read. I LOVED it! It was so funny, and cute, and honestly I would read it 10 more times. Such a great book, anyone can read it. I definately recommend it.
Angela
This book is far below my reading level, but it has been sitting in my room for years and I can not justify keeping it if I just don't read it. It was a cute children's book though. I did enjoy it =]
Smorrow98
Lindsey By: Chrysa Atkinson

Lindsey is a young, mischievous girl who is always getting in trouble. She loves helping people but sometimes she gets a little carried away and then gets in trouble. Her Uncle Bernie moves in and she feels that it is her job to babysit him which ends him up in a rose bush. She also tried to set up her teachers which ended up in disaster and embarrassment. I give this book a five star rating because it totally pulled me in. I recommend it to anyone who is in to advent...more
Kristine Pratt
Lindsey is a girl that everyone knows too well. She's that bumbling child who means well, but never has anything quite turn out the way she thinks it ought to. She jumps in and acts first, completely without thinking, but has at the heart of everything kind intentions.

Yep. She's THAT girl - she's us at that age, reminding us of those horribly embarrassing moments where we too, meant well.

I liked that about Lindsey. She has moments that make you cringe, she's got moments that make you want to ch...more
Kelly
Awkward for the first half, gets better. But still not that great of a story.
Angelica
Lindsay is an American Girl Today Book. Lindsay Bergman is 10 year old Jewish girl who loves her dog Tiny but doesn't like matzo balls. She loves helping people and defending her friends against bullies. Also she loves playing matchmaker to her two teachers. But her biggest task is cheering up her grumpy uncle. Great for girls or boys in 2nd and 3rd grade.
Huda
I didn't particularly like this book. I don't really know why but it just did not at all appeal to me. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone who likes historical fiction.
E
Useless, 10-word review: Unexpectedly charming. Lindsey came off like a real American Girl!
Kristin Stowe
I loved this book sooooo much b/c Its about a girl that gets in alot of trouble.
Carly Shaffer
I love the American Girls, and Lindsey is the most relatable of them all.
StoryStereo
Lindsey was most certainly a character! ;)
Lindsey
Feb 17, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Kellie
Kellie marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Addison
Addison marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Alan Morrison
Alan Morrison marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Edie P
Edie P marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Elisabeth Van
Elisabeth Van marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
  • Marisol (American Girl Today)
  • Jess (American Girl Today)
  • Kailey
  • Mia
  • Nicki
  • Nellie's Promise (American Girls: Samantha, #7)
  • Good Luck, Ivy (American Girls: Julie)
  • Julie and the Eagles (American Girls: Julie, #4)
  • Lanie (American Girl of the Year 2010, #1)
  • Peril at King's Creek: A Felicity Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Welcome to Felicity's World · 1774: Growing Up in Colonial America (American Girls Collection)
  • Danger at the Zoo: A Kit Mystery (American Girl Mysteries (Quality))
  • A Spy on the Home Front: A Molly Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)