Start by marking “My Big Toe: Awakening: 1” as Want to Read:
My Big Toe: Awakening: 1

My Big Toe: Awakening: 1 (My Big TOE Trilogy #1)

Book 1 of the MY Big TOE trilogy.
My Big TOE, written by a nuclear physicist in the language contemporary culture, unifies science and philosophy, physics and metaphysics, mind and matter, purpose and meaning, the normal and the paranormal.

The entirety of human experience (mind, body, and spirit) including both our objective and subjective worlds is brought together under
Published February 1st 2003 by Lightning Strike Books

To ask other readers questions about My Big Toe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Big Toe

Devilish
Oct 29, 2008 Devilish rated it it was amazing
This guy is verbose and over explains everything, just like me. I love it!
Daniel
First one down, two more to go. This challenging book has changed my worldview, and in turn my life, more than any other book. TOE stands for Theory of Everything. Thomas Campbell is a physicist and consciousness researcher who relates some of his personal journey ("skin in the game," as Nassim Taleb would say approvingly) in improving the quality of his consciousness, namely, evolving toward love. Using the most basic and fundamental concepts of science, Campbell asks the reader to be an open-m ...more
Ron
Mar 09, 2012 Ron rated it liked it
I gave this book three stars because it is not well written on a number of levels. Having said that, I would encourage anyone/everyone to read this book because Campbell has some great science to back up a philosophy about the Ultimate Questions. If it did nothing more than to stir the neurons in your brain in a different direction - and it probably will - this book would be worth the several levels of tediousness it is written in. There is still a lot of excitement in the ideas Campbell offers. ...more
Andy
Nov 26, 2013 Andy rated it it was amazing
This time I'm listening to the audiobook. It's even better 10 years later and I love Tom's comforting voice.
Mazen Alloujami
Oct 10, 2013 Mazen Alloujami rated it really liked it
Interesting but longer than the subject deserves.
Roxanne
Oct 07, 2016 Roxanne rated it really liked it
The phrasing is careful, and at times dense. But, the subject was so fresh and fascinating that I could forgive a lot.

The idea of a Oneness isn't new, but I'm used to enjoying my metaphysics served up with a big side of woo-woo. Not so common is a book like this, written by a no-nonsense, left-brained nerd like Campbell.

There are two more pieces of the story, which he promises we'll like even more. Fair enough : I've got Book 2 warming on the Kindle.
Edward Wolfe
Jan 05, 2015 Edward Wolfe rated it it was ok
This could've been great if he'd just been able to say what he wanted to say. But instead of doing that, he decided that he knew the landscape of every reader's mind and proceeded to terraform those minds, then landscape them, then construct a proper nursery where his ideas would have a chance to take root and grow.

I have never read a book where an author talks so much about what he's going to tell you, and does so little actual telling.

If you decide to read this, I recommend starting on chapter
AvalinahsBooks | Evelina
The ideas, the thoughts are good, but my god, is this book damn tedious. There are numerous ways to present this without making your reader fall asleep every single time he picks up the book. I've read other author's works on similar topics and they did not bore me to death as much as this one did.

However, who am i to say that it's bad? it's Tom Campbell after all. All i'm saying is that his style is not for me. I couldn't even GET TO the ideas over the tediousness of his writing style.. Perhaps
Shaunt
Feb 01, 2016 Shaunt rated it liked it
Shelves: theory
To be taken with a grain of salt...

It's a so-called scientific book on metaphysics. As entertaining and fascinating as the topic is, what a bunch of horse shit. In the first section alone, ex-nuclear-physicist Thomas Campbell confidently claims to have developed the ability to communicate telepathically. He denounces drug-induced out-of-body-experiences, yet spends eight hours a day zapping his brain with electrodes for a "natural" trip.

I wonder what sci-fi i have to look forward to in books 2&a
Pamela
Jul 07, 2015 Pamela rated it really liked it
Thomas Campbell's personal story is thrilling to read. And then there's the second half of the book... Good thing I'm used to working with engineers! Gives me some tolerance for the lengthy explanations. Still, I'm on to the second book in the trilogy. The ideas are simply too profound and exciting to throw out due to presentation.
Gabriel Camacho
Jul 21, 2016 Gabriel Camacho rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing theory that integrates science and spirituality at a very deep level

I liked this book a lot it's the best and deepest theory the integrates science and spirituality with an amazing level of detail and in depth
Timothy Robert Smith
Timothy Robert Smith rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2013
Sanath Sambamoorthi
Sanath Sambamoorthi rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Brett
Brett rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Ahmed Mohamed
Ahmed Mohamed rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Eylachew
Eylachew rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2015
M Carithers
M Carithers rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Bowan
Bowan rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2017
Oksana Pk
Oksana Pk rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2011
Slareck
Slareck rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2011
Ayesha
Ayesha rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2011
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2013
SB
SB rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Ketan sheth
Ketan sheth rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2014
Brian Moriarty
Brian Moriarty rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Pirate Pilot
Pirate Pilot rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2014
Christian Temesy
Christian Temesy rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Priest and the Medium: The Amazing True Story of Psychic Medium B. Anne Gehman and Her Husband, Former Jesuit Priest Wayne Knoll, Ph.D.
  • Answers about the Afterlife: A Private Investigator's 15-Year Research Unlocks the Mysteries of Life after Death
  • Ultimate Journey
  • The Alchemy of Nine Dimensions: The 2011/2012 Prophecies and Nine Dimensions of Consciousness
  • MFA vs. NYC: The Two Cultures of American Fiction
  • Adventures Beyond the Body: How to Experience Out-of-Body Travel
  • The Jewel Tree of Tibet: The Enlightenment Engine of Tibetan Buddhism
  • Induced After-Death Communication: A Miraculous Therapy for Grief and Loss
  • Going Sane: Maps of Happiness
  • Your Soul's Gift: The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
  • Soul Coaching: 28 Days to Discover Your Authentic Self
  • The Three Waves of Volunteers and the New Earth
  • A Village After Dark
  • Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality
  • Kundalini Yoga
  • Bashar: Blueprint for Change : A Message from Our Future
  • Reality, Spirituality and Modern Man
  • A Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming: Mastering the Art of Oneironautics
Physicist; author of "My Big TOE." TOE is an acronym for Theory of Everything.
More about Thomas Campbell...

My Big TOE Trilogy (4 books)
  • My Big TOE - The Complete Trilogy
  • My Big Toe: Discovery (My Big Toe)
  • My Big TOE: Inner Workings (My Big Toe)

“Tiny positive or negative increments in the quality of your intent, over many thousands of choices, eventually lead to either an increasing or decreasing consciousness quality.” 4 likes
“The quality of your being expresses the correctness of your understanding. Think” 1 likes