Start by marking “Letters to Young Lovers” as Want to Read:
Letters to Young Lovers

Letters to Young Lovers

This book consists of letters and other counsel which Mrs. White gave to couples in love. It is full of thoughtful advice for all contemplating marriage.
Published February 1st 1984 by Shelter Publications (first published 1983)

Daniel Fevrin
Dec 07, 2009 Daniel Fevrin rated it really liked it
Its an oldie but the message is pretty straight forward
Moyomoyo
Jul 01, 2013 Moyomoyo rated it it was amazing
Amazing book on Love, Marriage, and Relationships. Though her letters were written in the 1880's - 1890's her message is just as important in today's society. Everyone should read this when they want to enter into the dating world, or couples who are planning on marriage, or how to develop to be a good spouse. After the medias take on relationships or how young people treat dating so casually now, reading this book feels so enlightening and freeing. Ellen G. White is not hesitant to say it how i ...more
Herian Villaruz
Jan 23, 2012 Herian Villaruz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ellen-g-white
This is a type of book that SHOULD be read by the teenagers and those couples that are planning to enter the sanctity of marriage.
Ana Margarida
Aug 12, 2011 Ana Margarida rated it liked it
Interesting!
Fred
Jan 15, 2017 Fred rated it it was amazing
Puts everything into perspective
Evelynn
H'm, more like a 4.5.

Letters to Young Lovers gave great insight on how one should conduct oneself concerning a relationship, and Mrs. White had a lot of things to say when it came to how not to conduct oneself concerning the same. I found it extremely interesting and helpful, and I wouldn't mind reading it again someday.
Rick Marcello
Mar 12, 2015 Rick Marcello rated it really liked it
I purchased this book for my kindle and it is a quick read in terms of pages. However, it is more for meditation and reflection than a quick read. It concerns singles and couples who are contemplating marriage. The book is a combination of excerpts from her other writings and letters she wrote to young people. Ultimately, one should consult God for wisdom in dealing with this subject.
Noirfifre
Aug 14, 2013 Noirfifre rated it liked it
When I read this book around sometime between 2006-2007, I did not know that the author was long gone because she wrote like she lived in my section of the 20th century. I remember that the issues she addressed such as dating and love was so applicable to the society that I live.
Brandon Paul Ford
Greatbook

My girl friend and I are preparing for engagement and we both found this book to be of great help!
David Santos
Oct 07, 2012 David Santos rated it it was amazing
it amazes me at how spot on she is with mixed relationships considering this was written some 200 years ago? im not good at math but some very good words and letters for young couples married or not.
Matschimann
Matschimann rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2008
Primrose
Primrose rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2015
Christina Colon
Christina Colon rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Patricia Peña
Patricia Peña rated it did not like it
Oct 12, 2015
Priscila Wilke
Priscila Wilke rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2010
Chad Cowgill
Chad Cowgill rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2011
Aphiwe
Aphiwe rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2014
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2017
Jana Lynn
Jana Lynn rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2012
Tabitha
Tabitha rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2013
Vergel Neil
Vergel Neil rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Noah
Noah rated it it was ok
May 02, 2012
Milika Tikoicina
Milika Tikoicina rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Lenny
Lenny rated it did not like it
Jul 23, 2011
Donnakris
Donnakris rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2012
L. David Harris
L. David Harris rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2014
Shanell Sadnessrains
Shanell Sadnessrains rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2013
Lea
Lea rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Amos Nyabuto
Amos Nyabuto rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2016
Mofya
Mofya rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • A Thousand Shall Fall: The Electrifying Story of a Soldier and His Family Who Dared to Practice Their Faith in Hitler's Germany
  • A History of US: Book 7: Reconstructing America 1865-1890
  • A Trip Into the Supernatural
  • The Theological Origins of Modernity
  • Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines
  • Project Sunlight
  • The Babylonian Genesis: The Story of the Creation
  • Are Mormons Christians?
  • Reign of God: An Introduction to Christian Theology from a Seventh-Day Adventist Perspective
  • How to Insult, Abuse & Insinuate in Classical Latin
  • No One Like Him: The Doctrine of God
  • The Messiah in the Old Testament
  • The Epistles to the Colossians, to Philemon, and to the Ephesians (New International Commentary on the New Testament)
  • The Hittites
  • Ancient Near East, Volume 1: An Anthology of Texts and Pictures
  • The Voice New Testament
  • Riddles of Existence: A Guided Tour of Metaphysics
  • Selected Literary Essays
In brief, she was a woman of remarkable spiritual gifts who lived most of her life during the nineteenth century (1827-1915), yet through her writings she is still making a revolutionary impact on millions of people around the world. During her lifetime she wrote more than 5,000 periodical articles and 40 books; but today, including compilations from her 50,000 pages of manuscript, more than 100 t ...more
More about Ellen G. White...