The Greek Who Stole Christmas (Diamond Brothers, #7)

The Greek Who Stole Christmas (Diamond Brothers #7)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  509 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Once again, Tim Diamond and his younger brother Nick are flat broke. So when they're hired to investigate an anonymous death threat made to world-famous pop singer and movie actress Minerva, they jump at the chance. However, the Greek celebrity seems to have plenty of enemies - so the question is, which one actually wants her dead?
Published October 1st 2007 by Walker & Company (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Greek Who Stole Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Greek Who Stole Christmas

Fledgling by Mark A. CooperRevenge by Mark A. CooperAbsolutely Nothing by Mark A. CooperThe Recruit by Robert MuchamoreSilverFin by Charlie Higson
Books Like Alex Rider
219th out of 499 books — 286 voters
The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Maze Runner by James DashnerSwitch! The Lost Kingdoms of Karibu by Karen  Prince
Best YA to Appeal to Boys
194th out of 513 books — 394 voters

More lists with this book...

Elizabeth Roman
The Greek Who Stole Christmas
By: Anthony Horowitz
Date Published: 2008
Genre: Fiction-Mystery

This story is about a pop singer called Minerva who gets death threats from an unknown fan. Minerva is making a new CD while this is going on.This story takes place at a hotel in Sydney around christmastime. When Minerva gets a death threat the two brother detectives Tim and Nick Diamond have to protect Minerva, and try to find the person who sent her the death threat. Then while Minerva is going to light...more
Ahnaf
This a thrilling story about to two brothers (one actually because the older brother is an absolute idiot) Nick and Tim. Tim is the older brother and his profession is a Private Detective, But unfortunately he barely knows anything about detective work and instead his little brother Nick does all the work for him. As explained in the book Nick records all their cases and this is one of them. This specific case is very brief but interesting. One day a man came in to Tim's office, he offered him a...more
David Sof 2014
The Greek Who Stole Christmas, Tim and Nick are once again solving cases for money. they meet up with a famous singer, Minerva and they need to protect her from people trying to assassinate her. They are paid a unbelievable amount of money, to solve a unbelievable case. Tim's stupidly and Nick's brainy mind can they both solve this case? Or another person dies once again?

I can connect this to C.S.I. They are detectives, trying to solve a murder.

I gave this book a 4 because it was probably easy...more
Linda
This is book #7 in the Diamond Brothers mystery series. It's a very funny series for mid-graders with lots of puns on words. It's also a quick read with only 105 pages.

Tim Diamond is 28 years old, big and rather stupid. He has a detective agency but he's terrible at it. Luckily his 14 year-old brother Nick is smart and he's the one that solves the mystery, usually by the seat of his pants. There's always plenty of danger and trouble. I didn't like this one as much as I did the previous books.

In...more
Mariner
"A Mystery book" which didn't show much off a mystery. Anthony focused more on the murder of Mindera. Good and Entertaining
Justin Record
I love the diamond brothers mysteries ever since i was little. Now that i read much faster, they don't take me nearly as long but they are nice for just a little stroll through your imagination. They have the right mix of humor and adventure and the right depth for this kind of story. If you wish for something in this style of story but for a higher reading level, i cannot recommend enough the Alex Rider series also by Anthony Horowitz.
Laurie D'ghent
A delightfully snarky book. Lost stars for anatomy talk and swearing, but still a light, pleasant read. Favorite quote, "He had black, greasy hair, thick lips, and eyes that would have been nicer if they'd matched. His shoes had been polished until you could see your face in them--though with his face, I wouldn't have bothered."
Cdvdcvggdfg
This book is truly amazing. It teaches the children that when they grow up not to marry someone just because they are rich and famous, but because you love them. And for the elders, they should consider to tell the ones they married did they marry them because they are rich or because they truly love them. Even if someone rich and famouse decides to marry someone poor it doesn't mean that they really love you. They could just want to put it in the magazine that they are married or helped someone...more
Kate Coombs
Don't get me wrong: I'm a big fan of Horowitz's Alex Rider books. And these shorter books for a younger audience are cute--noir-style detective books for middle schoolers. The main thing that bothers me is a key component of the premise: Tim Diamond is a terrible detective, so his 13-year-old brother Nick solves all the mysteries in this series. This is supposed to be funny, and I realize that the bumbling detective is a staple of crime fiction (Pink Panther, anyone?), but I just find it painful...more
Rubingowdy
This book is aboute two boys called tim and nick diamond who have to stop someone from being killed after recieving a death threat.Its well funny
Kristin K
I thought the book was okay. I just thought that the ending was really obvious. I wish that they wouldn't have had the person that did the crime drop something at the crime seen. Then I already knew who did it and the last 20 pages were just really boring. There was some action in the book though,and that was pretty good. I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone though.
Regine
A pop star, Minerva receives a letter threatening her life, and her husband and manager hire a private detective to investigate the case and protect Minerva. At an event, 2 gunshots were fired and aimed at the her, and that was the lead to many other dangers. In the end, it was then realised that Minerva's husband was the one who was planning to kill her.
Jess
These are always fun books, but I think this one's my least favorite out of the series. That doesn't mean it's bad, just not as engaging and clever as the rest. Although I never get tired of Nick's jokes...
107rinoNeko
Alex RiderシリーズよりもこのDiamond Brothersシリーズのほうが好きな理由は、主人公のニックにはティム兄がいるからという一点につきる。
ホロヴィッツの話は子供が読めばクールと思うのかもしれないが、私にはもっと薄ら寒く感じるので、主人公が一人で苦闘する様は読んていて辛い。いつもティムのボケっぷりが温かみをもたらしてくれる。
Crone LMC
I like this book because it is part of the Diamond Brothers series, which is from Anthony Horowitz, a great author. It is funny and full of action.
Scott S.
8-1 Bachler 3-4 Block
Henry Lam
I think this book was very interesting telling about the killer. When you read about this you really feel like you need to read more!
Iain
A kids' book, and short as a result. Crammed full of puns and wordplay with a half-decent detective story nestling them all together.
Turkan
Series as a whole:

CHARACTERS: 4.5 STARS
SETTINGS: 3 STARS
PLOT: 5 STARS
OVERALL: 4 STARS
Hina
This book was OK, but I guessed who the 'evil person' was half way in the story. The other ones were MUCH better.
Rachael
Another great Diamond Brothers mystery. Of course, this one was a lot easier to figure out, but it was still good.
Gabriel Winbush
This book is incredibly funny and full of adventure. I like how Nick is so smart but his older brother is so dumb.
Mariah
because it look like it was the book i would read so that why i pick that book and it look fun to read
Nic
Really good book and enjoyed re-reading it (if only because I forgot to bring my book to school!!!)
John
Shorter than the normal Diamond books, but amusing all the same.
Wang Hei Law
I LIKE THIS BOOK!!!!! JUSt wait till you read this!!!!!
Kele
Freaking hilarious!!!!!
Tan Jun
It is simply amazing.
Neo Lung
funny and exciting
Candycloud
Weird, but cool.
  • Lost Bullet (Traces, #2)
  • Double or Die (Young Bond, #3)
  • The Chameleon Wore Chartreuse: A Chet Gecko Mystery
  • Shock for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #13)
  • Murderous Maths (Murderous Maths, #1)
  • Dead Man's Cove (Laura Marlin Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Singing Serpent (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #17)
  • Hostage (Alpha Force, #4)
  • Jimmy Coates: Target
  • George's Secret Key to the Universe
  • Why Pick On Me?
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • The Ring of Five (The Ring of Five Trilogy, #1)
  • Demon Dentist
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
Anthony Horowitz, OBE is ranked alongside Enid Blyton and Mark A. Cooper as "The most original and best spy-kids authors of the century." (New York Times). Anthony has been writing since the age of eight, and professionally since the age of twenty. In addition to the highly successful Alex Rider books, he is also the writer and creator of award winning detective series Foyle’s War, and more recent...more
More about Anthony Horowitz...
Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1) Scorpia (Alex Rider, #5) Point Blank (Alex Rider, #2) Eagle Strike (Alex Rider, #4) Ark Angel (Alex Rider, #6)