Start by marking “Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6)” as Want to Read:
Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6)

Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6)

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  35,181 Ratings  ·  1,032 Reviews
RITA Award-winning author Kresley Cole continues her bestselling Immortals After Dark series with this electrifying tale of a ruthless demon mercenary and the lovely young halfling who enchants him.

A seductive beauty he can never have, yet can't resist...
Cadeon Woede will stop at nothing to atone for the one wrong that will haunt him forever. But once he secures the key to
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published May 20th 2008 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Dark Desires After Dusk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Desires After Dusk

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesPerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
Bad boys meet the virgins
25th out of 960 books — 2,152 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Hot Paranormal Romance
42nd out of 1,317 books — 1,825 voters

More lists with this book...

Candace
As much as I'm loving this series, I have to admit that I didn't love this book as much as the others. I liked it, but it was one of those middle of the road, "okay" types of reads for me. The heroine, Holly, in particular, didn't speak to me. The fact that I've been reading the books back to back might be a factor also. Since the storylines are very similar, it could just be that it's getting a little redundant. In any case, I just didn't connect with this story like I have the others.

This book
Exina
He stripped off her top, then his shirt.
“Are you coming on to me to get back at him?”
“Probably.” Down went his zipper.
“I’m okay with that.”

Dark Desires After Dusk is another amazing installment of the Immortals After Dark series: it is full of humor, love, sensuality, and thrilling adventures.

Cadeon is an irresistible character. He is cocky and playful. He is an unscrupulous mercenary, but at the same time he is infinitely devoted and thoughtful. The way he handles Holly’s disease is really
Auntee
Sep 21, 2008 Auntee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal fans; BDB fans
Recommended to Auntee by: Everyone!
Sammy Loves Books
Hot Damn, I loved it!! Cade was Yummy as Sin

He gets 4.5 Sexy, Cocky Stars!!!

Cade

cade

Cade has been blessed with impossibly green eyes and thick locks of blonde hair. He's hot, and yummy, and women are falling over themselves to get in his bed. But his life has been far from blessed. Cade has been living with the guilt of losing his brother's crown over nine hundred years ago. That guilt has led him to a dark place where he is willing to do Anything to get his brother's crown back.

green eyes

Demons are constant
Kristen
4 1/2 stars

Dark Desires After Dusk is another fantastic book in the Immortals After Dark series.

I lovedalmost everything about this book. Cade and Holly, the hero and heroine, were simply magical together, and, frankly, a hoot. Holly–with her over-the-top OCD behaviorand her nerdish outlook–and Cade–a true but lovable cad–were the perfect pair and I couldn't seem to get enough of their offbeat and very provocative relationship.

I'm sure you're wondering why I gave this book a somewhat lower ratin
Kat Kennedy
Feb 27, 2011 Kat Kennedy rated it it was ok
Meh. It was okay.

Since I don't have anything else to say, here's some mancandy:

kidding!
Bwhahahaha! Kidding!

Okay, because I feel bad about tricking you like that, I'll give you...

A vampire viking taking a hot bath.

Eric
Forgiven?

Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 IAD Stars

I won't review the book because I am too bored right now. I will just say something because it's been nagging me since I started re-reading this book. Why the hell is Rydstrom thought to be the "good brother".

I can honestly remember that I liked Ry by the end of his book but in this one? He is a total tool. His brother was in part to blame for losing his throne. I get it, Cade didn't want to be the king's replacement and prefers to stay with his foster family that needs him(which by t
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

After three superb installments, this series hit a bit of a snag with book 4, but I wasn’t going to hold that against Kresley Cole or Robert Petkoff, and I’m glad I didn’t because DARK DESIRES AFTER DUSK was glorious! One of the things that I love most about IMMORTALS AFTER DARK is that you meet some of the protagonists beforehand because on top of giving you something to look forward to, it also helps to get readers invested in each character’s eventual outcome.

Holly wa
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Mild Spoilers

3.5 Stars This one was not as good for me as the others I have read in this series.

photo meh_zpsba611dcc.gif

I had a very hard time connecting to Holly or Cade. Holly got on my nerves with her I don't cuss I don't have sexual feelings of any kind I have a boyfriend of two year but I don't even kiss him on the mouth oh and I don't eat or drink anything the isn't prepackaged and I if i touch the rim of my drinks it ruined. I don't see her appeal. Even if I could get past that Cade lied the whole story and H
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. As a matter of fact, it went by too fast. I had been captivated with Cade since Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night, and I was holding my breath for his book. But the wait was richly rewarded. Holly is a perfect heroine for him. She brings out the protective side in Cade, but also the playful side. And if anyone needs to live a little, it's Holly. I loved the whole plotline and found it wildly romantic. This book was also a good action book with scenes that show that ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Jul 11, 2011 Greta is Erikasbuddy rated it it was amazing
Ok kids... you might want to cover your ears because I just must SING!!

Oh baby baby -- How was I suppose to know
That I could love a demon
Oh baby baby --- I should have probably known
That his horns would be a turn on
Oh pretty baby
My husband now loves this book
And he doesn't even know it

LOLZ!! o-m-g!! I adored this book!! I seriously didn't think that anything could be hotter than a Highlander werewolf but squee diddily dee!! She then brings on the bad boy English Demon that wears leather. AHHHHH
Fani

I really really liked this and once more, I couldn't put it down. Cadeon was a great hero who had me laughing with his lines for the first half and really feeling his pain for the second. He had a really hard choice to make and I did like the way he handled it. He never strayed from the character we've come to know from the previous books, but managed to charm me and make me care for him.

Holly however, was another matter. She was the first heroine I was totally indiferrent about. I did
Anzu The Great Destroyer
*edited 06 Nov 2011*

Another IAD book done… and still wanting more. Yes, I loved this one as well. Very much indeed *evil grin*. Now there can’t be a review of mine without me picking on the cover. WTF may I ask? I don’t see Cade looking like that AT ALL and another thing, where are his horns? Yes he may have cut them or something but still. I want Cade on the cover having horns. Is it too much to ask? A friend of mine, Aly, sent me a pic of how she sees him and I think it’s just perfect. Here he
Kathleen
Heat Level 3.5 stars
Action Level 5 stars
Overall Rating 5 stars
Favorite Character, Cadeon

I've never read this many book's in a series back to back where they have not started sounding the same. Well that is definitely not the case with this series. I can also say that I really don't have a favorite book at this point, they have all been fantastic reads.

I have to say once more that the imagination that KC used in
Jonetta
Sep 13, 2014 Jonetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cadeon Woede finally has to make a move on Holly Ashwin, the woman he's been stalking and obsessed with, now that she was attacked and is in extreme danger. Problem is, she's the key to him atoning for Rydstrom's loss of his throne and Cadeon is torn between his desire for his mate and familial loyalty.

This was an exciting and fun ride with lots of action and intrigue. Holly's obsessive compulsions was the first clue she might be a halfling and Cade's sensitivity to them helped redeem his boori
⊱ Irena ⊰
2.5

There is some info-dumping in this book, but for someone who read the previous ones ages ago, it was a good reminder of the Lore and its creatures. This one deals with demon kind and their troubles with evil sorcerers. However, it is all behind the scenes or as part of some story from the past. Almost the whole book is all Cadeon and Holly travelling and trying to stay alive interrupted with sexy times.

There are so many people who disliked Cadeon. I went in the opposite direction. At least h
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Mar 08, 2013 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
Quick review:

Cover: Hot
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Smokin’
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: Entertaining and sexy as hell. What more could you want?
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Too goals intersect, which one will rule out the other
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Cadeon

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
I mean well worth the price of admission. I was thoroughly entertained. Cadeon really made this book. I liked him in a previous book, so it was a real treat to get all of him here
Eastofoz
Jun 22, 2008 Eastofoz rated it it was amazing
A+, hilarious, smokin’ hot! Cade is one hot honey with his sexier than sexy South African accent and Holly just shines alongside him! He's rough around the edges but god does he ever know how to make her happy :D The sexual tension is there from the get go building right up to an explosion, lots of snippy dialog and banter between the characters. I loved his “pet names” for her: pet, poppet—you could just hear him saying it to bug her and did it ever get on her nerves! And the sex whooooa!!! Sen ...more
Wendy
May 13, 2012 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, pnr
A wonderful romantic tale, with witty dialogue, great heroines and of course fantastic alpha males.

"Tarts?" Her jaw slackened. "My God, you're the most misogynistic man I've ever met. I bet you also like your tarts, barefoot and pregnant."

"Nah, I like them barefoot, on birth control, and always available in my bed."

Cadeon
Photobucket

This book definitely had me smiling all the way through, it's a real treat! Enjoy!

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
Definitely my favorite in the series so far. Loved Caedon and Holly's banter. Again , Kresley Cole's story telling abilities is beyond excellent. Her writing is flawless and so good you don't even realize it. The world building is effortless and just flows. It will definitely be difficult to move on once I finish the series.
Kathleen
Nov 24, 2013 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Fun story. Pretty good, but see Quibbles section below. Excellent narrator, Robert Petkoff. He is REALLY top drawer professional, better than any other popular male narrator in the romance genre — even his love scenes sound perfect. Rarrr! So hot. ;).

Fun Road Trip Trope: For most of the book, Holly and Cadeon are taking an action-packed road trip from Louisiana to Alaska, where they must meet an evil sorcerer before the month is up. Lots of sexy banter and some bickering along the route. The be
Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!***
May 19, 2013 Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!*** rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
So I started reading this series to fill the time till the next Black Dagger Brotherhood book comes out, but I've actually started to enjoy this series, and "Dark Desires After Dusk" might be my fave so far. I thought it was funny and sweet, and I caught myself laughing and smiling like a weirdo when Cadeon and Holly would banter back and forth.
I HATE THE COVERS!
...well at least up until "Kiss Of A Demon King" they remind me of the old romance novels my grandmother would read (Fabio! lol) if I h
Holly
5++ stars

After being extremely disappointed with the previous book in the series, I put off reading this one for almost a year. I could kick myself now, because this is hands down the best book of the series so far.

Unlike with the last book, Dark Needs At Night's Edge, this story flowed perfectly. There was the perfect blend of action, humor, and sexual tension between the main characters. I devoured it in less than 10 hours, and I can't wait to dive right into book 7.

*4-Alarm Hotness Warning*
AJ
Dec 05, 2015 AJ rated it it was amazing

The sixth book in the Immortals After Dark series, this book is great fun with lots of adventure, and I loved it!

Cadeon Woede has been in the series for a while now. He’s a demon and a mercenary for hire, known as the “Kingmaker”, but he is haunted by one decision he made that cost his brother his throne. Since then, he has dedicated the last 900 years of his life to helping Rydstrom reclaim his crown as Demon King.

I love Cade! Cocky, arrogant, sarcastic and sexy as all hell, he’s my f
DarienMoya
Apr 15, 2010 DarienMoya rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All
Shelves: 2010-reads, demon
WHEN A BAD BOY MEETS A VERY GOOD GIRL!!!

I enjoyed this latest instalment to the Immortals after Dark series, we got a little something new. Demons aren’t new to the series but it’s the first book where it revolves entirely around them. Once again Miss Cole delivers fun and quirky characters, intense and action packed situations.

Cadeon is a Rage Demon which basically means when he gets pissed you will know it, his horns will straighten and he will look like Satan himself or Hellboy without the ta
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 Stars

It must suck to spend nine hundred years paying for one mistake as Cade has. Nothing else could push him to give up what he wants most in life than the guilt of losing his brothers kingdom. Rydstrome has asked for Cade to make the ultimate sacrifice and deliver his mate Holly to a sorcerer in exchange for a sword that can kill the man that took over their kingdom.

Holly had no idea that she was Valkyrie until the night she is kidnapped by Demons. She had a very nice life as a mortal be
Farah
Jun 09, 2015 Farah rated it did not like it
BIG FAT DISAPPOINTMENT !! Cade was very intriguing when he appeared in the previous books .. I was very interested in his story and I thought it would be a hit unfortunately I hated his guts in this book .. I get the whole guilt thing and I get why he felt obliged to do what he did but getting it doesn't make it any better .. I still can't forgive it .. yeah sure he came up with another plan and yeah he planned to get Holly out of there and all but putting her in a situation like that was just ...more
Yodamom
Apr 19, 2013 Yodamom rated it liked it
I like most of the book 2/3's of it were good, really it was. It was the 1/3 of the book with Holly the incredibly unbelievable virginal, brainiac, PHD candidate, OCD'd out, inconstant character. *She wrecked the Veyron, how could anyone like a person that does that ?* I didn't believe in her at all, yeah I was shaking my head almost every time she opened her mouth or her thoughts.

Cade- Hot demon man you. Find a girl who'll lick those horns ! He almost carried the whole book himself. He
ivana18
Oct 03, 2014 ivana18 rated it it was amazing
I didn't expect to like Dark Desires After Dusk this much, but somehow I ended up really enjoying it.
I like to pick up a romance book from time to time, and I prefer historical romance, but last night I was craving for something para-normally/romantically/sizzling hot that had a " virginal miss goody two shoes meets an adorable but dangerous bad boy" vibe to it.

Didn't think I'll find a book that met these criteria. But guess what?
I did!!!!

Soooo....Cadeon is a foul-mouthed, sexy, cocky, randy
  • Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4)
  • Playing Easy to Get
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark #7)
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark #11)
  • Lothaire (Immortals After Dark #12)

“Gods, I love it when you talk mathy to me.” 169 likes
“Cadeon, can you hear me?"

He didn't open his eyes. "Nothing wrong with my ears."

"Of course not." She laid the cloth on his forehead. "So . . you and Tera seemed close."

"Been through a lot."

"Was she your girlfriend?"

He gave a laugh that sounded like a grunt. "Not at all."

"And you really didn't sleep with Imatra?"

"Bloody hell, noooo, I didn't . . . She's a slag."

"Then why did you kiss her?" Holly asked.

"Directions. . . and to see."

"To see what?"

"That it wouldn't be all that bad without you."

This was interesting. "Did you make a determination?"

He gave a bitter laugh. "It'll be all that bad."

Oh, Cadeon. "You've known I was your female for a year?" He nodded. "Why I would be chosen for you?"

"Fate decides . . . who I can be most satisfied with."

Nibbling her lip, she asked, "Have you slept with anyone else since you knew it was me?"

"Gave a halfhearted try for a witch . . . she wanted a werewolf instead."

There was no getting around it--Holly was jealous of the witch.

But then Cadeon said, "And I wanted you.”
115 likes