Start by marking “The Zone Diet” as Want to Read:
The Zone Diet

The Zone Diet

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The Complete Plan to Revolutionize Your Diet and Your Life THE ZONE is the revolutionary diet plan based on Nobel-prize winning research that has been adopted by celebrities including Madonna, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Demi Moore, Caprice Bouquet, Barry Mannilow, and more. Copies of Sears's books ENTER THE ZONE and MASTERING THE ZONE have sold more than 2 million copies. F ...more
Published September 9th 2011 by Thorsons (first published January 4th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Zone Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zone Diet

Lauren
Sears explains the biochemistry of food and its effect on our bodies in an understandable way, and makes the reader re-think what we assume to be healthy eating habits. This book has changed the way I think about what I eat, and I feel better after incorporating some of his ideas into my diet. Following the Zone Diet to a T seems a little complicated, but Sears gets the reader to understand why it is important to follow, and the overall idea is very easy to put into practice.
Ivan
I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to diets in general because it's such a huge industry. That being said I enjoyed the Zone, and when I followed it I was the leanest I'd ever been while preserving muscle, and I felt great. I made a few of my own slight modifications though. I had a cheat day once a week (thank you for the idea Tim Ferris and Bill Phillips) and I increased my daily protein intake, as I was trying to increase muscle mass.
For the negatives, I think it's going overboard trying to
Beni
Книгата е написана много добре и всичко е обяснено лесно и изпълнимо. Голям брой мои познати ми препоръчаха тази диета, която всъщност не е диета, а начин на живот, като безкрайно ефективна. И всички научни данни предполагат това наистина да е така. Макар да се оказа, че това не е моят режим на хранене, се възползвах от някои доста приложими и приятни съвети и рецепти. Препоръчвам да прочетете, заедно с „Ние и зоната“, където пък има чудни рецепти.
Brian
Big for crossfitters, I read to learn more about the hype. It's a good alternative to Paleo. Probably closer to what would actually work for me. The author makes a good attempt to simplify what is a very complex set of recommendations, but I still left the book thinking that following the plan outlined would be too much work.
Erica
Apr 13, 2008 Erica rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to improve health
As far as diet books go - this seemed pretty good. Balancing out proteins, fats, & carbs.. it gave me a few new ideas for my trips to the grocery store. (like sticking to the perimeter!)
Kim
Very informative and logical approach to diet. My only complaint is all of the blocking can seem complicated and overwhelming at first
Wylothar
Started reading because its recommended from the crossfit community as is the Paleo Diet which I have already read.
Kimberly
I actually liked teh recipes, and it gave me a lot of energy. I felt healthy, but I can't say I lost any weight.
Jeff Walters
I think this is probably the way to live.
Todd
Aug 04, 2009 Todd added it
Good info for those interested in what they eat.
Stella
Stella is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2014
Eduard
Eduard marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Britt Freeman
Britt Freeman marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Zach Glickson
Zach Glickson marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Leila Edwards
Leila Edwards marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Zone: A Dietary Road Map to Lose Weight Permanently Enter the Zone Mastering the Zone: The Next Step in Achieving SuperHealth and Permanent Fat Loss A Week in the Zone Omega Rx Zone: The Miracle of the New High-Dose Fish Oil