The Art of the Snowflake: A Photographic Album

The Art of the Snowflake: A Photographic Album

4.59 of 5 stars 4.59  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The perfect geometry and exquisite beauty of nature is nowhere so clear to us as in the snowflake. But how have we been able to appreciate this infinitesimal wonder in all its crystalline glory? This book, as much a work of art as a testament to science, reveals how one of the snowflake’s most inspired photographers came to such intimate knowledge of his craft and its flee...more
Published October 15th 2007 by Voyageur Press

To ask other readers questions about The Art of the Snowflake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of the Snowflake

Sarai
This is a book of WONDERFUL photographs of snowflakes taken in different lighting and locations. I intended to just look at the pictures but I was so fascinated by the pictures that I had to read the captions to find out how they managed to get that shot. There isn't much text but what was there was very interesting, and the photographs are AMAZING. Check it out!
Teri
Feb 20, 2012 Teri rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: winter
Beautiful book of snowflake photography!!! Perfect to go along with Snowflake Bentley and see just how far the photography of snowflakes has come. Even my husband loves to leaf through it Now he and my children notice what kinds of snowflakes are falling from the sky "Look, these are those weird rod shaped snowflakes. . . look Mom, plate snowflakes."
L.G. Estrella
I was fortunate enough to pick up the large, hard-cover version of this book for a mere $5 at a sale, and I consider it to be money well spent. The illustrations are simply beautiful - simple but elegant. It is the ideal book to put on your coffee table so you can flick through it in between other things or over a cup of coffee.
Holly
This is a photograpic album of snowflakes. So gorgeous, so unique it blew my mind. We examined it this winter and had so much fun.
Sarah Sammis
My husband used to work down the hall from the author.
Amy
Absolutely amazing and beautiful photographs.
Kimberly
Absolutely gorgeous pictures of snowflakes.
Olga
Olga is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2014
gail fenkell
gail fenkell marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Jasmyn
Jasmyn is currently reading it
Jul 31, 2014
Christina Nor
Christina Nor marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Cat
Cat marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Evie
Evie marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Marcie
Marcie marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Sevtin Heisha
Sevtin Heisha marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Carrie Callaway
Carrie Callaway marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Arnella
Arnella marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Efi
Efi marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Snowflake The Secret Life of a Snowflake: An Up-Close Look at the Art and Science of Snowflakes The Little Book of Snowflakes Snowflakes Yuki No Kesshō: Chiisana Shinpi No Sekai