Start by marking “Harry Potter Schoolbooks Box Set: Two Classic Books from the Library of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry” as Want to Read:

Harry Potter Schoolbooks Box Set: Two Classic Books from the Library of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Harry Potter)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  8,761 ratings  ·  149 reviews
Fans of Harry Potter will love the chance to really get inside the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Now, straight from the Hogwarts School Library, come two textbooks used by Harry and all his fellow wizards-in-training. Written by J. K. Rowling under two delightful pseudonyms, Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them come package ...more
Published November 1st 2001 by Arthur A. Levine (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter Schoolbooks Box Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harry Potter Schoolbooks Box Set

Ann
Quidditch through the Ages - Wonderful. I love reading about the extensive history of that magical sport we all know or of which we are unaware, and either love or hate or somewhere in between.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - The content is great, but the best parts are Harry and Ron's scribbles.
Jessica
These are two fun, silly books that JK Rowling wrote to support a children's literacy charity. They resemble two of the text books that Harry & Co. use during their time at Hogwart's, and are filled with amusing anecdotes and doodlings that are supposed to be from the character's themselves. A wealth of information from Jo's brilliant, creative mind can be read in each of these books, and all of the proceeds for the sale of the books is donated to the charity!
Alex Telander
The most recent Harry Potter books to be released was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, which came out during the summer of 2000. The next book in the series of seven, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix has been slated for a summer/fall 2002 release. The question remains to the many, man fans is what to read in the meantime? Fortunately J. K. Rowling has produced two chapbooks, Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them, whose proceeds go towards Comic Rel ...more
Shelby
Once again, Ms Rowling displays her carefully culled imagination. In Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, "notes" taken by Harry and Ron add hilarious commentary to the text itself. In Quidditch Through the Ages, Rowling provides an in-depth history of the game and its teams. I even found myself wondering what team I would support if I was a witch.
These are great additions to the Harry Potter canon. I LOVED both of these books.
Willa
Dec 30, 2007 Willa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Potter fans with no lives (like me)
A history of the wizard sport-Quidditch! It's awesome. I love this!!! lolol..hahaha I have no life.
Brittany
When I was a little girl I desperately wanted to be a Hogwarts student. I always knew that I would be in Gryffindor and on the Quidditch team (Seeker, beater, chaser, keeper-it didn't matter) and I would excel at Defense Against the Dark Arts (what can I say, I'm quick witted:P). It was a dream that would lull me until I was fast asleep and made me envy every kid I saw in Movie Magic Magazine sporting a House scarf. Though never entirely serious about getting my Hogwarts letter late and taking ...more
MissM
I read Quidditch Through the Ages first. It was cute, had some interesting "history" of the game and was a little quirky/funny like many things in the HP universe. Short but still enjoyable.

Then I read Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them which has more actual "information" in it but is a bit dry. The little scribbles from Ron and Harry are funny but there's not enough of them. Of the two, this one is more of a real "textbook." I would have loved images or drawings of the creatures since ma
Saffy
I really liked these two books. They were interesting and full of imagination.

Fantastic Beasts and were to find them was cool to read because in the Harry potter series it mentions certain creatures. You may go along with it without knowing at all what they are like and where they come from. In this book it has the background of a lot of different creature. It says are they dangerous, where they're from and stuff like that. This book was very helpful.

Quidditch through the ages was as interestin
Melissa
I love this box-set! Absolutely adorable! The books themselves are full of information about creatures and the game you've only gotten in necessity in the books. They are very smart and very humorous- I literally laughed out loud many times & read them aloud to my family! I also own the books separately:) It's a very neat way to showcase them on you're book shelf! And will also make a nice gift! ~8-) and the fact that 100% of the proceeds of buying the books in any form go to help the Comic ...more
Tami
These two books are quick reads, highly imaginative and entertaining. I often wonder how all these ideas can fit into one humans head. J.K. Rowling is amazing, and the more she can give us the better. I would love Hogwarts: A History, or even a new book along the lines of the prequel she wrote. I am excited for the encyclopedia she is said to be writing, but hope it comes sooner than later. Only a little longer wait for Tales of Beedle the Bard!
Stephanie Gonzaga
I received this set for my birthday and couldn't wait to dive into the books.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - I'm sure there are plenty other mystical beasts and beings that could have been included, but the descriptions were nonetheless entertaining, fuelling my imagination. Harry and Ron's scribbles were hilarious.

Quidditch Through the Ages - I honestly thought I'd enjoy this book less, but it did not disappoint. In fact, I was just as engaged with the history of this magical sport.
Kenneth
Just in case you didn't know, these are two books from J.K. Rowling's wizarding world. They are the texts that are referenced within the Harry Potter series, much akin to The Tales of Beetle the Bard. The two books are "Quidditch through the Ages" and "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." The books are short and sweet, packed with humorous tidbits. What makes these books great though is the world, not the content.

Through the same quippy comments, sardonic scrawls, understated violence and r
Maddy Pertiwi
Untuk melengkapi kisah Harry Potter, JK Rowling menerbitkan dua buku yang cukup familiar bagi Pottermania. Buku pertama adalah buku pelajaran Hogwarts berjudul Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. Buku kedua merupakan buku Quidditch Through The Ages. Rowling membuat buku ini dengan tujuan amal. Penjualan kedua buku ini hasilnya disumbangkan ke Comic Relief.

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them
Ini adalah buku pelajaran Hogwarts milik Harry Potter. Di buku ini, Rowling memberikan deskripsi a
Amanda stevi
Sep 05, 2008 Amanda stevi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: penggemar potter!!
Shelves: done
review ini lebih ditujukan untuk buku Fantastic Beasts...

gila,,lucu bgt!! lengkap dengan coretan2 harry, ron, dan hermione di pinggiran2 buku ini. tulisan hermione kecil2, rapi dan rapat2; tulisan harry gak gede dan gak kecil; tulisan ron berantakan abesh,,kayak cakar ayam,,he=p lengkap dengan coret2an pas mereka lagi main HangMan,,hahaha... oh,,dan di bagian penjelasan tentang Troll, Ron menggambar sesuatu di pinggirnya,, itu bodoh bgt yaaa... hehehe=) dan harry dengan seenaknya mencoret bebera
Kitten Kisser
These are really cute hard cover books. You get two of Harry's school books in a cardboard sleeving. The books have scribbles in them from Harry notes and his friends notes. Just like one would imagine his books to be if it were real. Kids will just love this! Look what Harry wrote in the book! It's Harry's book. Imagine that! Full color pages.
Tsarthi
This book is better than Fantastic beasts in the Hogwarts Library collections. It's interesting to know the history of the golden snitch as it came from the bird snidget. Read to complete the Magical series by our beloved Jo.
Laura Kukuca
A cute addition to the HP series (both books written as Hogwarts textbooks). I would have liked to see more images of the different beasts, as they can be hard to imagine. But still cute none the less. Plus, a portion of proceeds go to charity :)
Reem Alhakim
this is an awesome book that has to do with the harry potter universe.
they make you live in that world as if it was real and they were funny. awesome. i love harry potter
Brenna
I found both of the books when Deathly Hallows came out at a used book store and knew the only way to ease the pain of losing my favorite series was to buy them.
They definitely kept me cozy at night! It was so great to see my favorite characters' handwriting defacing their textbooks. And I loved jumping into these books and learning more about the World I've adored for more than 7 years.
What I really wanted to know more about was the other books that these books referenced. I instantly Googled
Nick
It'll be interesting to see how they spin a trilogy of movies out of "Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them".
Lauren Perotto
Just as delightful, entertaining, and clever as HP.
Mrmustard
two words:love it
Katie W.
These are really good. They're a thousand times more interesting than muggle text books, and contain a lot of good solid (though, sadly, fictional) facts. If you don't want all the facts, though, you can just skim through Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and read the comments, which are done by Harry and Ron. No one would ever dare write in Quiddich Through the Ages , as it belongs to the Hogwarts Library. Basically, these are two interesting, funny, and really good books.
Melinda
Dec 08, 2007 Melinda rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: harry potter fans of course
these in honesty weren't very enjoyable. i liked the "fantastic beasts" one because of all the beasts she created (and stole from myths), but the descriptions could get kinda boring. "quidditch" was incredibly boring, like reading a history book. true, some of the stories--how quidditch was invented and the little bird that was the snitch--were interesting, but overall all the reading involved wasn't worth it. the only reason i finished these was because i wanted to learn more about potter's wor ...more
Fenty
Aug 09, 2007 Fenty rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Harry Potter's Fans
Shelves: harrypotter
Buku yang ada di buku dibuat nyata, mungkin itu gambaran kenapa diciptakannya buku ini. Buku-buku ini disebutkan ketika Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone dikeluarkan. Mungkin ingin membuat para penggemar Harry Potter tidak penasaran dengan Quidditch dan Makhluk-makhluk aneh yang ada di negeri ajaib tersebut, akhirnya JK (atau siapapun yang dikatakan sebagai penulisnya tersebut) menerbitkannya di dunia Muggle (dengan gambar yang tidak bergerah tentunya).
But it's really fun to see, indeed.
Shelby
As being a sort of spin off of the Harry Potter books I am in LOVE with this set. I absolutely loved reading these small books. I think that their worst fault is that they are a bit short and small and do not really look as though they are true books you would find in Hogwarts. Although I find that the actual content is amazing. I would recommend this to any Potter fan ;) They look cute on my bookshelf too. Thanks for reading my review! Mischief Managed ;)
Teresa
Not so much for Quidditch Through Ages, though I love the sport because the terms were getting too technical and I couldn't follow it (maybe because I read it when I was still young and didn't understand a lot of words) but Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them was simply amazing. It was an easy read and I enjoyed imagining each description of the beasts as though they were real. J.K Rowling's craft will never stop making you imagine.
Franklin Kendrick
I first heard about these books when I was on the bus to school one morning. I waited a week to get Quidditch Through the Ages and eagerly devoured it. I am a huge fan of fantasy world-building, and Rowling is a master! Beasts was the second I read, waiting (a long time) for Order of the Phoenix, and it gave me a lot to think about as far as what creatures Hagrid would probably smuggle onto the Hogwarts grounds. Highly recommended books!
harrypotter 1 1 Oct 31, 2014 11:52PM
  • Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter
  • New Clues to Harry Potter Book 5: Hints from the Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter
  • MuggleNet.com's What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Falls in Love and How Will the Adventure Finally End?
  • Looking for God in Harry Potter
  • J. K. Rowling: The Wizard Behind Harry Potter
  • Conversations with J.K. Rowling
  • The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter: A Treasury of Myths, Legends, and Fascinating Facts
  • The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: From Cauldron Cakes to Knickerbocker Glory--More Than 150 Magical Recipes for Wizards and Non-Wizards Alike
  • The Sorcerer's Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter
  • Mapping the World of Harry Potter: Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Explore the Bestselling Series of All Time
  • Muggles and Magic: J. K. Rowling and the Harry Potter Phenomenon
  • Harry, a History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon
  • An Unofficial Muggle's Guide to the Wizarding World: Exploring the Harry Potter Universe
  • Who Killed Albus Dumbledore?: What Really Happened in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? Six Expert Harry Potter Detectives Examine the Evidenc
  • The Great Snape Debate
  • Harry Potter and Philosophy: If Aristotle Ran Hogwarts
  • The Ultimate Harry Potter and Philosophy: Hogwarts for Muggles
  • The End of Harry Potter?