Start by marking “The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Desert Rogues, #11) (Desert Rogues #11)” as Want to Read:
The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Desert Rogues, #11) (Desert Rogues #11)

The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Desert Rogues, #11) (Desert Rogues #11)

FROM ROYAL NANNY TO PRINCESS BRIDE?Dedicated teacher Kayleen James was determined to safeguard the future of her orphaned students--even if it meant defying Prince As'ad of El Deharia himself But the seductive ruler stunned her by offering to adopt the three little girls. On one condition?

Mass Market, 251 pages
Published November 1st 2007 by Silhouette Books

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Desert Rogues, #11)

Jenny
May 02, 2016 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Orphaned convent raised virginal heroine works as a teacher and when her orphaned students are in danger she vows to protect them. Prince As'ad of El Deharia offers her to protect the three little girls by adopting them. As'ad is now a single father and he hires Kayleen as a nanny. Kayleen falls for the Prince and he offers her marriage but she wants his heart as well.

Super sweet love story. I love this author. Heroine was strong and adorable and hero arrogant (which made me laugh so hard) but
ShoSho
Oct 12, 2015 ShoSho marked it as dnf
Shelves: elib, holidays
DNF @33%
Meh
Dee
Orphanage teacher
Tries to save girls, prince adopts
She goes as nanny

I don't like sheikh books
But this one was pretty good
Bit hard to believe

Read in "A Christmas Bride" kindle book borrowed from library.
MaryReadsRomance
4 Stars
A standalone Christmas Special edition - #11 from the well known Desert Rogues series. One of the better written and more enjoyable contemporary Harlequin "fantasy" style Sheik stories. A little reminiscent of The Sound of Music, and Anna and the King.
In summary: Orphaned convent raised virginal heroine gets a job as a governess in a remote small country and becomes advocate for some orphaned children destined to be sold into human slavery. Emotionally repressed and arrogant Prince, wh
Chitra
Nov 25, 2016 Chitra rated it really liked it
Shelves: safety-first, v-card
Sweet love story of orphan teacher Kayleen and Prince As'ad.
When Kayleen stands up for the rights of her three orphan students, As'ad is forced to interfere- and ends up adopting the three girls- only if Kayleen comes and acts as their nanny.
They end up falling for each other, and Kayleen captivates As'ad with her purity and innocence.
I really enjoyed the story. It had a tender hero and heroine, and a wonderful side story between Hassan and Lina.
Few complains,
1. No epilogue
2. As'ad was hardly a
Mary Dulaney
Not a bad story line another where the heroine has her own inner strengths, but still somehow the relationship doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Dec 05, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

Oh The Sheik and the Christmas Bride was a fun read. It has a bit of Christmas magic, but it was really just a sweet story overall.

When As'ad's father is lamenting the fact that none of his sons are married, his aunt steps up to say maybe they should interfere a bit. Maybe they should set up his sons, without their knowledge of course. She thinks she can find the perfect girls for them, but of course it would not be proper if their father inte
Virginia
Jul 11, 2012 Virginia rated it really liked it
When Kayleen James left the convent where she was raised to teach at an orphanage in El Deharia, she never expects to wind up living in the royal palace. Yet, that is exactly what happens when she defies a tribal chieftan determined to separate three orphaned sisters she has taken under her wing. To defuse the situation, Prince As'ad agrees to adopt the girls, but only if Kayleen will be their nanny and take responsibility for their rearing. That definitely puts a kink in her plans to return to ...more
Mariana Bezerra
Feb 04, 2013 Mariana Bezerra rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
As’ad was a nice surprise and I wasn’t expecting a change in kingdom. Never heard about El Deharia before, but it was nice meeting a new place and seeing a different family. But the story continues the same and a King wants his sons married and with babies on the way.

The interesting part about As’ad was the fact he never once lived as a bachelor, but still had trouble accepting the idea of a marriage. All these princes know about the future and how they need to think about the country and marry,
ceecee
Nov 30, 2014 ceecee rated it it was ok
This book wasn't as good as many of the other books I've read from Susan Mallery. Still the book was fun to read.

This book was about Kayleen James, an American born teacher who came to El Deharia to help teach some of the orphaned students. Because she was an orphan herself, Kayleen James was determined to safeguard the future of her orphaned students--even if it meant defying Prince As'ad of El Deharia himself. But the seductive ruler stunned her by offering to adopt the three little girls who
Barb
Jun 27, 2013 Barb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
FROM ROYAL NANNY TO PRINCESS BRIDE?
Dedicated teacher Kayleen James was determined to safeguard the future of her orphaned students--even if it meant defying Prince As'ad of El Deharia himself! But the seductive ruler stunned her by offering to adopt the three little girls. On one condition...
Suddenly As'ad was a single father in desperate need of a nanny, and Kayleen was the only woman for the job. Soon the palace was in an uproar--all because of the spirited redhead.
Losing his heart wasn't part
Wendy
Aug 11, 2014 Wendy rated it it was amazing
I loved it, The three little girls stole my heart. Just wish I had known it came in the middle of the series. The heroine was feisty and clever. The hero I wanted to slap a few dozen times, and the aunt I fell head over heels in love with. It was interesting seeing how a ameican had to adapt to the village settings, The hero was very pompus and I wanted to cry when he realized he needed the heroine in the story. The girls were fought over like cattle which i did not like. Could not figure out ...more
Chelsea R Ortiz-Gonzalez
Mar 29, 2016 Chelsea R Ortiz-Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
WOW

The amazing combination of my favorite author and the passionate story of a sheikh and the woman he loves, is breath taking. I was enchanted the entire book. There was not a moment that I could put the book down. As'ad and Kayleen were a wonderful match. Such attitude and such passion. I will be buying this book and the other Desert Rogue series so that I can enjoy them when I like.
Even though I figured it to be true, I will no doubt LOVE every book Susan Mallery has written.
Gina
Mar 06, 2011 Gina rated it liked it
Rebekah
I wish that this one had been one of her more well developed novels rather then a cheap monthly romance. She could have done so much more with it. I would love to see romances written for each of the girls at some point
namericanwordcat
While not a huge fan of the Sheik romance, I like Susan Mallery and was happily reading when the hero started to get on my nerves and a completely unneeded plot twist occurred moving this from a nice read to on my can I even finish this. Bummer.
Tia
Aug 27, 2012 Tia rated it liked it
This was quite a different twist and yet so familiar to the other 'sheikh' type novels. The hero has extreme amounts of arrogance and pride and when he doesn't get what he wants there is always bribery and manipulation. Got to love it.
Elli
Nov 02, 2007 Elli rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
continuation of mallery's desert series, though she's now moved onto a new country & family to marry off. less danger, more just admitting that this is what they want. i'm glad to see a continuation of this series and look forward to reading about the other brothers :)
Cs
Aug 17, 2016 Cs rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This lack of love thing has officially gotten old. Also it's probably my age speaking but the whole insertion of kids into a romance novel really wrecks the mood. Which is a pity, because as far as princes go in the series, As'ad was otherwise pretty great.
Jennifer Worry
Jun 24, 2016 Jennifer Worry rated it liked it
Not a bad little read. It is your typical Harlequin romance, boy meets girl, they fall in love, something comes between them, and somehow everything turns out fine in the end. A good read if this is the type of book you're in the mood for at the time.
Annie
Aug 11, 2015 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best

This was an awesome Sheik Romance. I really liked the characters and the romance was delightful. I would highly recommend.
Ana Regalado
Feb 06, 2015 Ana Regalado rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
una historia de amor contada por muchos desde diferentes puntos de vista, la.chica.simple que conquista al.principe. me cautivo el.desarrollo de la historia, el final me dejo deseando más.
Serena
Jan 10, 2013 Serena rated it really liked it
Read this in a duology called A Christmas Bride...made me go find the rest of the books in this series....12 more? Wow, here we go...
Esme
Dec 09, 2012 Esme rated it it was ok
DNF. I read about half. I found the characters two dimensional and without chemistry. The setting was nondescript, not what I was expecting for being in an exotic desert and a palace.
Marie Godley
I read this as a two story edition. Both stories were good although the first one was more of a novella. Not sure how "realistic" the Christmas Bride was but it was a fun read.
Stephanie
Feb 19, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I am giving this 3.5 because I felt that Kayleen needed to be stronger in some aspects, but overall the story was great and I love Mallory's series.
Maann
Maann rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2013
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2012
Sassy
Sassy rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2013
Life&Dreams
Life&Dreams rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
  • Bella and the Merciless Sheikh (The Balfour Brides #7)
  • The Sheikh's Convenient Virgin
  • The Sheikh's Impatient Virgin
  • Sheikh with Benefits
  • The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2)
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • An Arabian Marriage (Sister Brides, #1)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • Holiday Confessions
  • The Sheikh's Blackmailed Mistress (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #6)
  • At the Sheikh's Bidding
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)
  • Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)
  • Love-Slave to the Sheikh
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it ...more
More about Susan Mallery...

Desert Rogues (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride (Desert Rogues, #1)
  • The Sheik's Arranged Marriage (Desert Rogues, #2)
  • The Sheik's Secret Bride (Desert Rogues, #3)
  • The Sheik and the Runaway Princess (Desert Rogues #4)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Princess (Desert Rogues, #5) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1453)
  • The Prince & The Pregnant Princess  (Desert Rogues, #6) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1473)
  • The Sheik & The Princess in Waiting (Desert Rogues #7)
  • The Sheik & the Princess Bride (Desert Rogues, #8) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1647)
  • The Sheik & The Bride Who Said No (Desert Rogues, #9)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Secretary