Start by marking “Sam the Cooking Guy: Just a Bunch of Recipes” as Want to Read:
Sam the Cooking Guy: Just a Bunch of Recipes

Sam the Cooking Guy: Just a Bunch of Recipes

‘I can't cook.’ I hear that all the time. And it's not that you can't--it's that you don't. It's that we've been wrecked by cooking shows with their millions of complicated steps and crazy-ass ingredients. Ingredients you can't find, let alone pronounce. That's not how I want to cook. I want to eat well, but I don't want it to take a year. Who's making stuff like 'Truffled ...more
Published February 29th 2008 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about Sam the Cooking Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sam the Cooking Guy

Frank Dodd
Feb 18, 2011 Frank Dodd rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
Alison
Mar 05, 2009 Alison rated it really liked it
Picked this one up at the library too and copied 10-15 of the recipes to try. His style of writing feels like he's talking right to you and the recipes are simple and, so far, very good.
Bianca Andriese
Oct 12, 2013 Bianca Andriese rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Met Sam and him sign my book in 2008. This is a great book with plenty of "easy" recipes for anyone with 2 left hands! I recommend this book to everyone!
Cheryl Schibley
Aug 07, 2009 Cheryl Schibley rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: easy stull to cook
Shelves: cookbooks
I love this cookbook. It's real, down to earth and fun to read. Some very easy recipes some pretty sophisticated. I watch him on the Discovery Channel (I think) and I've gotten to really like him.
Robert Beveridge
Sam Zien, Sam the Cooking Guy: Just a Bunch of Recipes (Wiley, 2008)

I recently reviewed Michael Symon's Live to Cook, and while I was (of course, being a fan of Symon's restaurants) enamored with the recipes, I wasn't terribly fond of the tone of the surrounding prose. It was only a couple of days after finishing Live to Cook that I picked up Sam the Cooking Guy: Just a Bunch of Recipes. Unlike Symon, I'd never heard of Sam Zien before, other than the press release that alerted me to this book's
Debbie Dame
Jun 16, 2008 Debbie Dame rated it it was amazing
This recipe book is funny as all get out and has some DELISH food. The ingredients are simple as are the recipes. I've already made quite a few dishes and even Little has scarfed the Salt and Pepper shrimp. No simple feat since she is not so much into food. Buy this book if you don't have it! You WILL NOT be disappointed!
Bridget
Aug 10, 2008 Bridget rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I like watching this guy on public access television (channel 4). He is also on Discovery Health channel, but I like the quirky channel 4 show.
Kerste
Jul 20, 2011 Kerste rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: simple contemporary american cooks
I really enjoy this cookbook. The instructions are no nonsense and the recipes are good. Worth a look-see.
Melinda
Jul 22, 2009 Melinda rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, cooking
I love his show on local cable but many of his recipes are online. This book didn't offer anything new or different.
Ellen Monrad
Ellen Monrad rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2011
Renee Bangerter
Renee Bangerter rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2014
Audreythayer94yahoo.com
Audreythayer94yahoo.com rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Beverly Simental
Beverly Simental rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2016
Stephanie Kuhn
Stephanie Kuhn rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2014
Ricka
Ricka rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2014
John
John rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2015
Marissa
Marissa rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2015
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2011
Cameron Kerr
Cameron Kerr rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2013
Ryan Drew
Ryan Drew rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Taunya
Taunya rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Urbanite619
Urbanite619 rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2014
SweetTaterQueen
SweetTaterQueen rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2014
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
May 29, 2012
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Dennis
Dennis rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2015
A Yvonne Allred
A Yvonne Allred rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2014
Carrie Gibbs
Carrie Gibbs rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2014