Start by marking “Doctor Janeway's Plague” as Want to Read:
Doctor Janeway's Plague

Doctor Janeway's Plague

2.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  17 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Doctor Janeway's Plague is a science-fiction thriller about an astronomer who discovers a source of cosmic rays which may be the origin of an ancient plague reviving once again.A young woman reaches Cambridge in search of a distant relative who she believes has lived longer than any other human being. An astronomer discovers a strange, point-like source of cosmic rays comi ...more
Published April 1st 2000 by Writer's Showcase Press

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Janeway's Plague, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Janeway's Plague

Robert Beveridge
John Farrell, Doctor Janeway's Plague (iUniverse.com, 2001)

The first thing I thought of when seeing the title of this novel was "oh, great, another Star Trek tie-in. Say it ain't so, Jimbob." Well, it ain't so, Billy Jack. The Janeway of the title is Robert H. Janeway, namesake of the Mayflower minister and lecturer at a Boston college. Perhaps. Or is he the same guy, still looking like he's forty even though he's ten times as old? And if so, how has he managed to keep himself so well-preserved?
Sherry Ramsey
May 03, 2013 Sherry Ramsey rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2013
I would like to be able to give this more stars--the writing was competent for the most part and there were some great ideas in the book. The reading for the audiobook was good, if a little rushed. However, I spent most of the time listening to it feeling quite confused about what was going on and why characters were doing things, and many of the characters seemed to have little to distinguish them from one another. I'd try another book by this author because I think there's quite a bit of poten ...more
Lady Ozma
Jan 23, 2009 Lady Ozma rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, audiobooks, 2009
I listened to this podiobook, read by the author. It dabbled in a great many things. There's Puritans and Native Americans. There's weird astronomical occurrences. There's a plague. And then there's Janeway. A man with a secret.

Definitely an interesting mix of things to weave into a tale, to be sure.
Simon C
Nov 12, 2011 Simon C rated it it was ok
Some quite interesting elements but I got hopelessly confused towards the end and aspects of the plot seemed to be never really explained/resolved. Nothing really in the way of memorable characters and too many of them for my liking. The author's reading was good.
Jesse farren
Jesse farren rated it it was ok
May 21, 2015
Bob Patridge
Bob Patridge rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2015
Denporter
Denporter rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Erica.m.spears
Erica.m.spears marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2013
Andy
Andy rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2013
Sahdri
Sahdri rated it did not like it
Mar 26, 2013
Zack Olson
Zack Olson rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2012
Joss
Joss rated it did not like it
Jun 10, 2012
Staci Johnson
Staci Johnson marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2012
Ventzi
Ventzi rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2011
Aaron
Aaron is currently reading it
Sep 05, 2011
Sethshaun
Sethshaun rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2011
James
James rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2011
Brandon
Brandon is currently reading it
Nov 11, 2010
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2010