Start by marking “Parasyte, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
Parasyte, Volume 3

Parasyte, Volume 3 (Parasyte #3)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  908 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
ALIEN NATION
Aliens parasites have invaded Earth and taken over the minds of ordinary people. Shin has been infected with a parasite, but he still can think and act for himself. Now he's been approached by two mysterious victims of the invasion: Tamiya, a beautiful schoolteacher, and Shimada, another student. What do the aliens want with humanity . . . and with Shin?
Published May 13th 2008 by Del Rey (first published July 18th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Parasyte, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parasyte, Volume 3

Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadTwilight by Young KimTwilight by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerFrostbite by Richelle Mead
Favorite Graphic Novels
141st out of 185 books — 243 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriBleach, Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
435th out of 480 books — 420 voters

More lists with this book...

Anna Hakopian t (-_-t)
Oct 26, 2015 Anna Hakopian t (-_-t) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, september-2015
It's sad that I think this series is better than Berserk. As much as I loved that series, it kind of got repetitive. Everyone fully developed and so did the story but it wandered from the original storyline. Here we go through a deeper psychological struggle. Shinichi becomes a colder, rational thinking machine. He grows physically stronger but struggles with having emotion.

I found it very offensive that the mentioned American wanting to use parasites as military weapons. Not all of us think lik
Luna
May 23, 2016 Luna rated it really liked it
Series Rating: 4 Stars

Firstly a warning, Parasyte is horror – not the fluffy kind.
It’s violent and the artwork backs this up.

I personally prefer creepy over violent horror but Parasyte didn’t bother me, because it’s not just about gore and death – there is plenty of plot. Shin’s parasite didn’t succeed in taking him over, instead he’s trapped in Shin’s hand and the two of them develop and odd (and sometimes rather amusing) relationship. Meanwhile, around them the bodies count is going up.

There w
Paula ★Ackerman Jaeger★
Jun 11, 2015 Paula ★Ackerman Jaeger★ rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangas-comics
CADA VEZ MEJOR
Conan Tigard
Nov 17, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it it was amazing
Parasyte: Volume 3 is another fantastic book about the parasitic invasion from space. Izumi is worried about how he is changing. He gets angry a lot easier and is finding some of that hard to control. When he gets angry, his eyes really get dark and he scares people, even tough guys. He screams out a lot more in frustration, which is generally something that is not accepted in public. Murano is the one that notices this the most, and she is starting to back off some.

So, it is interesting seeing
Novia
Mar 05, 2015 Novia rated it it was amazing
...........

Parasyte is not a manga for kids because it’s incredibly cruel, the level of gore in this manga can even make grown up stops reading it. There are a lot of human turns into cut off body parts. There is even a part where an alley is full of human body parts with the blood scattered on the floor and wall.

HOWEVER, apart from the gory images, the story itself is really good. I think it is well written and I like how the story evolves slowly from simple to complicated. AND just like most J
James DeSantis
Feb 19, 2016 James DeSantis rated it liked it
Didn't enjoy this one as much as the others. I still love the idea of what makes humans humans and such but the storyline seemed badly paced here. Like not much happened even when it was the same length as Volume 1-2 which moved at a perfect rate. Still checking out more!
Lexie
Mar 24, 2016 Lexie rated it really liked it
I keep forgetting to mention this, but part of my renewed interest in the series is that there is the live action movies coming out (at the end of this year and in the beginning of next year). Much like the Mirai Nikki live action show I'm hopeful that it remains as true to the source material as possible. Kimi ni Todoke, Koizora and to a certain extent the Gantz movies proved it could be done.

We get in this new volume a return of Kana, Murano's uneasiness, a new alien who wants to be "friends"
Charles Dee Mitchell
The presence of flesh eating parasites inhabiting a certain proportion of the population is becoming more difficult for the authorities to cover up. Shin is fortunate that Migi, the parasite possessing his right hand, is an easy-going sort. The others, like the one that ate Shin's mother or the one posing as a new kid at school, are a different matter entirely,

In Volume 3 of Iwaaki's manga, secrecy begins to break down. Shin discovers the mild superpowers he is developing with Migi's presence in
Jason
I've seen and read a lot of horror, so it's rare for it to feel fresh to me, but I absolutely cannot predict where this series is going to go next. In this volume, a student [spoiler] inadvertently finds something that screws up the Parasyte and it goes nuts and kills a bunch of students. Meanwhile, the main character becomes more and more in command of his new "superpowers." Great stuff!!
Jocelyn
Parasyte is about an alien species that infects humans in order to eradicate the human species and save the Earth.

Volume 3 begins the set-up for something that is a bit too common in manga and episodic shows: bad guy of the week kind of showdowns. Still a great story and some interesting side-characters begin to show up.
Rendi Febrian
May 04, 2015 Rendi Febrian rated it it was ok
Makin lambat alurnya. Ini si Shin mau ngapain si sebenernya? Gimandose Hayati bisa menikmati cerita kanda kalau begindang mas Hitoshi.

#ngelirikvolume4
Arminzerella
Pretty good. Not sure why Shinichi is so hormonal in this chapter - he's experiencing these bouts of uncontrollable rage. Some of his behavior is questionable, too, like he's forgotten what makes him human. Or maybe he's just an awkward teenager (there are plenty of *actual* humans who don't figure out appropriate social cues until much later in life). He's got a potential rival - another infected human, whose alien parasite claims to be disinterested in eating humans and eradicating Shinichi (a ...more
Barbora
Apr 13, 2016 Barbora rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-english, comics
Parazitů je hodně, ale Shinji a pravačka se stávají dobrým týmem. Ještě se teda mají hodně co učit, ale spolupracují.

Veřejnost začíná něco tušit.
Mikael Kuoppala
Dec 04, 2013 Mikael Kuoppala rated it liked it
Volume 2 saw our protagonist Shinichi face the parasitic alien invasion on a most personal level. Now it’s time for the aftermath. Hitoshi Iwaaki does an adequate job in making the stakes feel more real for Shinichi as well as for the reader, but he passes on a lot of obvious emotional resonance the events so far might have induced.

The third volume is a bit erratic and the heavier atmosphere and a sense of authenticity are overshadowed by uneven plotting. Still, the overall tone works and this s
Anne Freya
Oct 26, 2014 Anne Freya rated it liked it
Ini kurasa lagi masa2 tenang sblm badai...
Pedro Borrego
May 01, 2016 Pedro Borrego rated it it was amazing
Necesito másss
Aimee
Apr 18, 2016 Aimee rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the storyline.
punkhead
Jun 10, 2015 punkhead rated it really liked it
the massacre happened and just wow
Yukimaru Hatake
Aug 18, 2014 Yukimaru Hatake rated it really liked it
Suuuuuuuper!
Reem
Feb 27, 2014 Reem rated it really liked it
Volume 3. Chapter 17-24

I really like this series. I'm still hooked and it's still interesting. I liked how the characters aren't lame or annoying. Up until now this manga is exciting.
scarlettraces
May 22, 2010 scarlettraces rated it really liked it
Shelves: loaners, manga-manhwa
this just gets more and more intriguing, probably because Iwaki is really stating to play with the concept. looking forward to more.
Lord
Apr 19, 2009 Lord rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, sci-fi, horror
So far I like every volume more than the previous one. And I'm feeling the story's just getting started.
Zengfer
Mar 24, 2011 Zengfer rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first two...
But still awesome.
WiCkEd LoVe
its very...interesting
Chris
Sep 01, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
Worth reading.
Erin Carragee
Erin Carragee marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Brandon Lee
Brandon Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Jolo Ramos
Jolo Ramos marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Ferran
Ferran added it
Jul 22, 2016
  • Berserk, Vol. 11
  • Gantz/7
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 14 (Battle Royale, #14)
  • Uzumaki, Vol. 2
  • The Drifting Classroom, Vol. 2 (Drifting Classroom)
Hitoshi Iwaaki (Japanese: 岩明 均 Hepburn: Iwaaki Hitoshi?, born July 28, 1960) is a Japanese manga artist, whose works include the science-fiction/horror series Parasyte. The Mixx editions of Parasyte romanize his name as "Hitosi Iwaaki", while the Del Rey Manga editions use "Hitoshi Iwaaki".

In 1993, he received the Kodansha Manga Award for Parasyte. He was a finalist for the 2005 Tezuka Osamu Cultu
More about Hitoshi Iwaaki...