Start by marking “Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2

Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2 (Fall in Love Like a Comic! #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  790 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Rena Sakura is a high school student with a secret: she's a professional mangaka. And although she's never been on a date, that doesn't stop her from drawing steamy shojo scenes for Chami magazine. But when the gorgeous Tomoya Okita finds out her secret, she finds herself asking him out to get some real-life experience in love!Rena asks Tomoya to be her boyfriend, hoping t ...more
Published January 1st 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published October 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2

Kendra
Koorihime-sama
Bought from Amazon, and I still own a copy.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2012 READING CHALLENGE.

Review/Rating:

4 out of 5

More like a collection of stories than a general volume. :)

Heartthrob Vacation

Design: 5 out of 5

Heartthrob Vacation

Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5

Rena and Tomoya finally confess their true f
Orchid
Since Fall In Love Like a Comic was only two volumes long I decided that I review them together instead of individually. Fall In Love Like a Comic was so good that it has now become one of my favorites.

What made it such a great read for me was that everything was tied up so neatly at the end with absolutely nothing left unfinished.

As I read more manga books I find that I am drawn more to the lighter shojo-ish ones...like Fall In Love Like a Comic. This manga was funny and even kind of sweet, esp
Reader17 Der
I really enjoyed this series. The way the main girl melts still makes me laugh. I did enjoy how the last chapters covers how they are doing when they are older. This was a fun read and it is only 2 volumes a recommend reading it if you want to laugh.
Bianca
Dec 27, 2010 Bianca added it
This is such a cute series ^^ It is pretty anticlimactic since it's a short romance with no struggle, but it's adorable to blow off fangirl steam if someone just wants to squeal and giggle a little. Sigh.
Mandy
Jul 12, 2013 Mandy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This is the continuing tale of Rena and Tomoya's relationship.

It has a wonderful bonus story that gives it great closure.

If you like sweet and very mild sensual romance, this manga is for you.
Selena
A cute, light, and fluffy ending to a short, cute, light, fluffy series. I liked the flash forward at the end, too.

I especially liked the short story with the puppets.
Aelia's Manga and Book Reviews
such a cute shojo..loved this:)
Jessica
Jan 24, 2008 Jessica rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Shojo addicts with unrealistic expectations of love
Genesis
Starbubbles
Much like taking a dose of ipecac, sometimes you just have to let the torture run its complete course to get it out of your system. The bonus story in this was its only redeeming quality. No, not the pre-wedding wedding (which had me actually gagging, sure it should have been sweet, but all I saw was bad luck and velveta cheese), but the family scene. It was adorable, and he grew into his face. haha!

Okay, maybe the real reason for me ripping into this series so hard was that I found it unrealist
Maria Rios
TBH this was the cutest book i ever read and i would love to fall in love like this. Beginning with a brief comic strip research and have it move on to an actual relation. ;)
Charity
Ugh. I only read this second one because there were only two in the series and it wasn't worth fighting my OCD over. It was just as bad as the first. Difficult to read, with an impossibly saccharine sweet and rushed storyline. I love Shojo as much as the next person, but I couldn't suspend my disbelief and found it difficult to even get into the "plot", for lack of a better word. The panels were jumbled and sometimes difficult to read and/or follow. (Although, I must admit that it might be the f ...more
Mari
The art and story were cute . Just wish there were more than two books. ...more
Itahshita
i LOVE this comic very much... never got bored to read it again ^0^
Kumii
3.5 solely for the little extra story added on at the end. With Hiroki. (*︶*)*

Rena, the protagonist, still jumps to all sorts of conclusions for the worst because of her lack of relationship experience. It makes the story way too rushed and the little relationship she has seem so faulty. Tomoya on one hand likes her a bit too much and too soon while shes all questions. (・_・)

It's cute but still as rushed as it was when I first read it. Lol but all is forgiven because it's not for a younger audien
Michelle. D.
This is a review for the overall series...
THREE STARS!

The series was entertaining while it lasted and a good time waster. Though, the concept was done before which made me hope it had something in it to make it stand out. The characters were average and the setting was too. Nothing really special. So therefore, I give it three stars.

That's all...
???
J.cuevas
Anyone notice that the following story characters looks somewhat as Card-captor Sakura characters? Especially the protagonist! Anyways, this deserves a solid 2 rating. It matured (somewhat) giving it a bit more depth. Predictable? Yes. But I think it was just written for fun. I liked the ending though. It satisfied me compared to the recent mangas I've read.
Abdullahi686
i love this book
Lisa C
Feb 26, 2009 Lisa C rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga, ya
You would think that after loving the first one so much, I'd feel at least close to the same about the second. I just couldn't get past the ending. I guess it's cultural, but it just didn't make a lick of sense and I didn't care for the guy's behavior.
Kristelle
The author clearly aims for the readers to feel the love and cuteness of this manga but sadly, I did not feel it. Right, it is cute but I never did sense romance at all. No love chillin' and all. I am not benumb by any means, and I am sure about that.
DrkReavyn
Soooooooooooooo, cute. I love it. I wish i owned the fist one, but I don't. I've read it though. Nice when you need a pic me up.
Nyimas
Chitose yagami,, Suka karya-karyanya,,

Tokoh ceweknya 'meleleh' terpesona sama si Cowok Perfect, Lucu banget,, suka!
Treasure
I liked the premise of the first one better, this one was mostly an extended "happily ever after", but it was nice.
Amber
Nov 09, 2014 Amber rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I don't even know what that was. Whatever it was it was not good...
Kereesa
Nov 01, 2013 Kereesa rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young Shojoers
Recommended to Kereesa by: Myself
Cuter, a little more serious, and much better art.

3.5/5
Fizza
such a happy ending...i almost didn't want the book to end!!!
Ruth Margareta Salmon
hoho ..
great comic ..
manga ny jgaa bgusst ..
hhoho ..
Invisible  dreams
the ending was to rushed for my likings
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 06
  • Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 2 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #2)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 04 (Kitchen Princess, #4)
  • Rockin' Heaven, Vol. 01
  • Ultra Cute, Vol. 1 (Ultra Cute, #1)
  • AAA, Vol. 01
  • Time Stranger Kyoko, Vol. 01
  • Happy Hustle High, Vol. 2
  • Aishiteruze Baby, Vol. 06
name in native language: 八神千歳
blood type: A

Yagami-sensei's manga debut was in 2001 with Magical Project. Her favorite beverages are coffee and tea, and she likes drawing
More about Chitose Yagami...

Fall in Love Like a Comic! (2 books)
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 1
Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 1 Kiss Kiss, Vol. 1 My Platinum Lady #3 My Platinum Lady #1 My Platinum Lady #2