Start by marking “Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2

Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2 (Fall in Love Like a Comic! #2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  1,034 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Rena Sakura is a high school student with a secret: she's a professional mangaka. And although she's never been on a date, that doesn't stop her from drawing steamy shojo scenes for Chami magazine. But when the gorgeous Tomoya Okita finds out her secret, she finds herself asking him out to get some real-life experience in love!Rena asks Tomoya to be her boyfriend, hoping t ...more
Published January 1st 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published October 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2

Katie
Jun 12, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner

Mini manga review has another sweet romantic comedy. I loved this story a lot. The characters are interesting and a lot of fun to read about. Especially Tomoya, sometimes I really wished he were real. He was just a perfect sweet boyfriend.

I really wish I could find similar manga to Rena’s works. What I saw, it was cuteness in every aspect. I believe Yagami sensei’s other works are going to be like that I’ll read them sometime soon and if I like them I’ll cover the
Mary

Dec 30, 2016 Katrina Hammock rated it it was amazing
Just adorable 100%
Koorihime-sama
Feb 27, 2011 Koorihime-sama rated it really liked it
Bought from Amazon, and I still own a copy.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2012 READING CHALLENGE.

Review/Rating:

4 out of 5

More like a collection of stories than a general volume. :)

Heartthrob Vacation

Design: 5 out of 5

Heartthrob Vacation

Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5

Rena and Tomoya finally confess their true f
Kendra
Jun 17, 2012 Kendra rated it it was amazing
Orchid
Mar 11, 2011 Orchid rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Since Fall In Love Like a Comic was only two volumes long I decided that I review them together instead of individually. Fall In Love Like a Comic was so good that it has now become one of my favorites.

What made it such a great read for me was that everything was tied up so neatly at the end with absolutely nothing left unfinished.

As I read more manga books I find that I am drawn more to the lighter shojo-ish ones...like Fall In Love Like a Comic. This manga was funny and even kind of sweet, esp
Jessica
Jan 24, 2008 Jessica rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Shojo addicts with unrealistic expectations of love
Genesis
Mar 26, 2013 Genesis rated it it was ok
Charity
Feb 24, 2013 Charity rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Ugh. I only read this second one because there were only two in the series and it wasn't worth fighting my OCD over. It was just as bad as the first. Difficult to read, with an impossibly saccharine sweet and rushed storyline. I love Shojo as much as the next person, but I couldn't suspend my disbelief and found it difficult to even get into the "plot", for lack of a better word. The panels were jumbled and sometimes difficult to read and/or follow. (Although, I must admit that it might be the f ...more
Starbubbles
Apr 29, 2012 Starbubbles rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Much like taking a dose of ipecac, sometimes you just have to let the torture run its complete course to get it out of your system. The bonus story in this was its only redeeming quality. No, not the pre-wedding wedding (which had me actually gagging, sure it should have been sweet, but all I saw was bad luck and velveta cheese), but the family scene. It was adorable, and he grew into his face. haha!

Okay, maybe the real reason for me ripping into this series so hard was that I found it unrealist
Kumii
Jul 20, 2014 Kumii rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, booktubeathon
3.5 solely for the little extra story added on at the end. With Hiroki. (*︶*)☆*°

Rena, the protagonist, still jumps to all sorts of conclusions for the worst because of her lack of relationship experience. It makes the story way too rushed and the little relationship she has seem so faulty. Tomoya on one hand likes her a bit too much and too soon while shes all questions. (・_・)

It's cute but still as rushed as it was when I first read it. Lol but all is forgiven because it's not for a younger audi
J.cuevas
Aug 21, 2012 J.cuevas rated it it was ok
Anyone notice that the following story characters looks somewhat as Card-captor Sakura characters? Especially the protagonist! Anyways, this deserves a solid 2 rating. It matured (somewhat) giving it a bit more depth. Predictable? Yes. But I think it was just written for fun. I liked the ending though. It satisfied me compared to the recent mangas I've read.
Anaee
Aug 09, 2015 Anaee rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 2 was definitely better than the Vol. 1. It was still funny and cute, but there was more sweetness to it. I really liked it.
The last chapter was so sweet, and Hiroki's story was adorable!

Three and a half stars.
Michelle. D.
Aug 03, 2011 Michelle. D. rated it liked it
This is a review for the overall series...
THREE STARS!

The series was entertaining while it lasted and a good time waster. Though, the concept was done before which made me hope it had something in it to make it stand out. The characters were average and the setting was too. Nothing really special. So therefore, I give it three stars.

That's all...
???
Kristelle
Dec 09, 2013 Kristelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
The author clearly aims for the readers to feel the love and cuteness of this manga but sadly, I did not feel it. Right, it is cute but I never did sense romance at all. No love chillin' and all. I am not benumb by any means, and I am sure about that.
Bianca
Dec 27, 2010 Bianca added it
This is such a cute series ^^ It is pretty anticlimactic since it's a short romance with no struggle, but it's adorable to blow off fangirl steam if someone just wants to squeal and giggle a little. Sigh.
Gustavo
Mar 28, 2015 Gustavo rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Well this volumen wasn't interesting at all, maybe I don't like that they bring the sex in the plot, even if it didn't happen, I was waiting for something a little more cute, well at least the ending was very nice.
Lisa C
Feb 26, 2009 Lisa C rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, ya
You would think that after loving the first one so much, I'd feel at least close to the same about the second. I just couldn't get past the ending. I guess it's cultural, but it just didn't make a lick of sense and I didn't care for the guy's behavior.
Reader17 Der
Nov 03, 2008 Reader17 Der rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read
I really enjoyed this series. The way the main girl melts still makes me laugh. I did enjoy how the last chapters covers how they are doing when they are older. This was a fun read and it is only 2 volumes a recommend reading it if you want to laugh.
Mandy
Jul 10, 2013 Mandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This is the continuing tale of Rena and Tomoya's relationship.

It has a wonderful bonus story that gives it great closure.

If you like sweet and very mild sensual romance, this manga is for you.
Treasure
Jul 28, 2009 Treasure rated it really liked it
I liked the premise of the first one better, this one was mostly an extended "happily ever after", but it was nice.
Selena
A cute, light, and fluffy ending to a short, cute, light, fluffy series. I liked the flash forward at the end, too.

I especially liked the short story with the puppets.
Maria Rios
Sep 04, 2014 Maria Rios rated it it was amazing
TBH this was the cutest book i ever read and i would love to fall in love like this. Beginning with a brief comic strip research and have it move on to an actual relation. ;)
Nyimas
Nov 16, 2008 Nyimas rated it it was amazing
Chitose yagami,, Suka karya-karyanya,,

Tokoh ceweknya 'meleleh' terpesona sama si Cowok Perfect, Lucu banget,, suka!
DrkReavyn
Jan 17, 2011 DrkReavyn rated it it was amazing
Soooooooooooooo, cute. I love it. I wish i owned the fist one, but I don't. I've read it though. Nice when you need a pic me up.
Arielle Rae Aguilar
Rach
Rach rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2012
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 04
  • Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 4 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #4)
  • AAA, Vol. 04
  • Aishiteruze Baby, Volume 06
  • Orange Kiss
name in native language: 八神千歳
blood type: A

Yagami-sensei's manga debut was in 2001 with Magical ☆ Project. Her favorite beverages are coffee and tea, and she likes drawing
More about Chitose Yagami...

Fall in Love Like a Comic! (2 books)
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 1