Start by marking “Schönhauser Allee” as Want to Read:
Schönhauser Allee

Schönhauser Allee

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  235 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Ich finde nie eine Frau, jammert Wladimirs Freund. "In den Schönhauser Arkaden findest du alles", erwidert Herr K. trocken, den Werbeslogan der großen Shoppingmall zitierend. Und es stimmt ja auch: Ostberlin ist ein Paradies für Alltagsethnologen.

Deren derzeit berühmtester ist Wladimir Kaminer, Betreiber der Russendisko im Café Burger, direkt neben dem Club der polnische

Published (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Schönhauser Allee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Schönhauser Allee

Stasiland by Anna FunderThe Berlin Book of Lists by Max HofstetterBerlin Noir by Philip KerrThe Spy Who Came In from the Cold by John le CarréThe Berlin Stories by Christopher Isherwood
Berlin
51st out of 234 books — 111 voters
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeEast of Eden by John SteinbeckThe Snowy Day by Ezra Jack KeatsLife on the Mississippi by Mark TwainRefuge by Terry Tempest Williams
Books about the Nature of Place
66th out of 103 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Karschtl
Kaminer bleibt seinem Titel-Thema erstaunlich treu, anscheinend bietet die Straße erstaunliches Erzählpotential. Leider fand ich wenig davon zumindest amüsant oder vergnüglich, richtig gelacht habe ich gar nicht. Schade. Immerhin ist der Schreibstil ganz ok.
Franziska
Sep 24, 2007 Franziska rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one!
Shelves: trash
immernoch sau schlecht...
Isabel
For years I've been meaning to read something by Wladimir Kaminer but it only happened this past week.
Usually I am not a fan of short stories. I find their lack of a proper plot boring and lose interest pretty quickly. But I had fun reading these 2 to 3 page long short stories. All are set in Berlin's Schönhäuser Allee, from the point of view of a Russian emmigré to Berlin, everything pointing to Kaminer himself. The stories combine believeable reality and grotesque exaggeration in a way that I
David Koblos
This book is SOOO Berlin. Actually Prenzlberg, to be more precise, but to most readers, and Berlin fans, these terms might mean one and the same thing: the usual weirdness. Vietnamese store owners who get by with a handful of words, Russians parties where people meet the ex of their ex, and classy socialist literature found in the dumpster. All narrated in the comically observant words of Wladimir Kaminer. Simply hilarious.
Michael
A German language novel written about the lives of Russian-Germans in Berlin. It's one of those types of fiction that paints a portrait without having much of a developed plot. It meanders, you get to know and sympathize with the characters, Ausländer or their immediate descendants. I didn't really enjoy this one. It's not horrid, but I wouldn't read it again.
Cat
Was kann ich sagen....I lived near Schoenhauser Allee last summer, and I loved reading Kaminer's hilarious tales in much the same way that I love watching movies filmed in Chicago. There's that terrific thrill of firsthand recognition that makes you feel closer to the story.
Muphyn
Sep 26, 2009 Muphyn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Muphyn by: people who love Berlin
Amusing - some almost hilarious but not quite - column-like entries about life in the Schönhauser Allee in Berlin. I like the bite-size format of the stories, makes for nice bedtime reading. :) And makes me homesick.
Orsi
"Fölösleges moziba mennetek, ti magatok vagytok a mozi.."
Irina Antsie
Irina Antsie is currently reading it
Oct 28, 2014
Francesco
Francesco marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Escalo
Escalo is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2014
Oskar
Oskar marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Nia Saulė
Nia Saulė is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Antula
Antula is currently reading it
Jul 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Der Dativ ist dem Genitiv sein Tod: Ein Wegweiser durch den Irrgarten der deutschen Sprache (Der Dativ ist dem Genitiv sein Tod, #1)
  • Maria, ihm schmeckt's nicht!
  • The Xenophobe's Guide to the Germans
  • Der fremde Gast
  • Leading Lean Software Development: Results Are not the Point
  • Die philosophische Hintertreppe
  • Tonio Kröger / Mario und der Zauberer
  • The Quest for Christa T.
  • Egyedül (A Szent Johanna Gimi, #3)
  • Public Enemies: Dueling Writers Take On Each Other and the World
  • Song of the Silent Snow
  • Neue Vahr Süd
  • The Swimmer
  • It's Me or the Dog: How to Have the Perfect Pet
Russian-born German short story writer, columnist, and disc jockey of Jewish origin. Kaminer emigrated to Germany in 1990.
More about Wladimir Kaminer...
Russendisko Ich bin kein Berliner. Ein Reiseführer für faule Touristen Militärmusik Die Reise nach Trulala Es gab keinen Sex im Sozialismus: Legenden und Missverständnisse des vorigen Jahrhunderts