Going to the Chapel (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #2)

Going to the Chapel (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Who will become the new minister of Grace Chapel? The church board can't stop squabbling, and every week the congregation hears a sermon from a different minister. Finally, a charming man is appointed to take over the pulpit, but the townspeople offer him a chilly reception. During his stay at the inn, the sisters slowly warm up to him. But will he win over the townsfolk -...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 294 pages
Published September 1st 2005 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Going to the Chapel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going to the Chapel

The Jewel Trilogy by Hallee BridgemanGreater Than Rubies by Hallee BridgemanEmerald Fire by Hallee BridgemanTopaz Heat by Hallee BridgemanSapphire Ice by Hallee Bridgeman
Christian Novels for teen to adult women
121st out of 178 books — 63 voters
Secrets by Robin Jones GunnWaterfalls by Robin Jones GunnEchoes by Robin Jones GunnWhispers by Robin Jones GunnLove's Abiding Joy by Janette Oke
Another 100 Best Books
90th out of 102 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Bonnie McHenry
I wasn't sure if Iwould continue to read this series, but decided to pick the second one up. So glad I did. I adsolutely couldn't put it down. Sweet, touching, funny, sad, and all with a couple of twist and turns that have you guessing right up until the very end. Love how the characters have developed and how each story line interwines. Will definately pick up then next in the series. I have fallen in love with Acorn Hill and Grace Chapel Inn.
Ronna
What a nice change! I really like gritty mysteries, and relationship books where someone is always doing something terrible to someone else, but this second book in the Grace Chapel series, is a wonderful read about reasonable people, with normal issues in a small town.

Three sisters have decided to run a bed and breakfast in their father's huge old home, right beside the Grace Chapel Church where their father was the minister for years before his death last year. Aunt Ethel had lived with her b...more
Deborah Meabon
This is probably the third book I've read in the Tales from Grace Chapel Inn series. Some of the descriptions and wording seemed a little too deliberate for my taste - kind-of like a parent stating the obvious in a very deliberate way (like they do when they're trying to say, "if you were listening the first time, I wouldn't have to repeat myself" kind-of tone...). Otherwise, the story line was pretty good, set in the year following the death of the father of the sisters who operate Grace Chapel...more
Mom
The sisters find all sorts of things happening around them. Things are misplaced from where they thought they were.
Louise thinks something is happening to her mind.
Jane wonders if her dad, the minister, wished she would come home instead of going out into the world.
Alice wonders if she is doing too much, her volunteering with the young people at her church, nursing, and working around the house which is now an inn.
Aunt Ethel is against everyone who is interviewed and says they are not like her...more
Michele
An uplifting book, the 2nd in the Grace Chapel Inn series, about the lives of Louise, Alice & Jane, sisters who inherit the old family house after the death of their father (also pastor of the neighboring church)& turn it into a B&B. I enjoyed reading about these 3 good-hearted women who have struggles & trials as well as joy & happiness. In this book, we learn about the man who will replace their father as pastor of the Grace Chapel and the problems he faces in filling those...more
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
I really enjoyed the storyline very much but what is driving me batty is that everytime one of the characters is thinking something it's written in a larger size text, different font, and in bold. It's annoying and intrusive. I have not run into this in other Grace Chapel Inn books so perhaps it's just this individual author. (There are 13 different independent authors who wrote 39 books in this series.) The story itself is very well done. Just wish they'd have done the "thinking" thing where a...more
Meadow
The three sisters are having another turn of events in their small town and in their beloved Grace Chapel Inn. When a search goes out for a new pastor...the members of the town simply can't decide or agree on anyone. And when a Silver dealer stays at their inn....their most precouis silver starts disapearing.

It was good, a light read. Nothing that makes you really think. The people are fun and light spirited. Would recomend for a lazy day.
Elaine
Folks on the board are not agreeing on who they want for the new pastor of their beloved Grace Chapel Church. No one seems to be able to fill the shoes of Louise, Jane, and Alice's father who pastored the church for over 50 years. Some folks are expecting the new guy to be like their old pastor.

Items go missing and then later, turn up in odd locations.
Hyacinth
I enjoyed this book. This is one of those clean, wholesome books that has you smiling as you read. It's almost as if you can see the characters in the book. Some actually remind me of some church folks I know. I love how the sisters worked together and that Ethel is a mess! Nothing over the top or surprising but just an overall feel good book.
Diane
This is the 2nd in a series. I am half way through the book and it is a lite read. It is a good wholesome Christen story in a small town where everyone know everyone else.A place where I would really like to live. It takes you away from today's fast paced living.
Melissa Stoltz
Love guidepost series Grace Chapel Inn. The sisters turn their home into an inn after their father passes away. They meet alot of people through their inn and always seems to help someone along the way with their faith,just love the whole series.
Michelle
Each book in the Grace Chapel Inn series has a mild mystery in it but they are mostly about the lives of 3 sisters who have turned the family home into a B&B. Published by Guideposts so they are very spiritual.
Dawn Brown
Just as good as the first one. I can't wait to see what the sisters and Aunt get into next. So glad that the pastor worked out for them too. Very sensible man and very witty. Good Book!
Janie  R.
A fast pace book, and a page turner! I am really enjoying this series, the goings and comings, and the characters are full of life. Thank you Rebecca Kelley for a wonderful book!
Sue
Really liked it. Couldn't wait to read the next one in the series. If you want to get away from the husle and busle of city living, read this series.
Jewett
Mar 03, 2012 Jewett rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
just a little too sweet to get four stars, but I enjoyed it anyway.
Kitty Tomlinson
New pastor comes to town.
Kathryn
Donna
Donna added it
Aug 05, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Bugher, Dana
Bugher, Dana marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Sherry Myers
Sherry Myers marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Kim Hampton
Kim Hampton marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Home for the Holidays (Tales From Grace Chapel Inn, #7) Portraits of the Past (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #5) Promises to Keep (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #13) Midsummer Melody (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #9) Life is a Three-Ring Circus (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #18)