Start by marking “Sanctuary (1-800-Where-R-You, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sanctuary (1-800-Where-R-You, #4)

Sanctuary (1-800-Where-R-You #4)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  9,798 Ratings  ·  167 Reviews
JESS MASTRIANI

Knew she wasn't going to be able to hide her psychic powers from the U.S. government forever. But she never thought that she and Dr. Krantz, the special agent brought in to convince Jess to join his elite team of "specially gifted" crime solvers, would have something in common.

When a local boy's disappearance is attributed to a backwoods militia group, it

Published January 9th 2007 by Simon Pulse (first published September 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Sanctuary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sanctuary

Howdy YAL
Nov 07, 2014 Howdy YAL rated it really liked it
To see full review click here.

And this is where the shit hits the fan.

Man, this book is so outrageously unrealistic it’s sort of laughable. But at the same reason, that’s why I love this particular installment. Honestly, I could see it as a midseason finale if this was ever to get a proper TV show (not one that simply uses its premises then has the main character regulated to background character and has a guy played by Mateo Santos be Not Rob to Vivica Fox who’s just randomly in the TV show).

An
Bree
Apr 27, 2009 Bree rated it it was amazing
The beginning was kinda boring. Though I have to say it was a good book. My favorite part was where she jumped over the collapsed bridge with the truck. I was bursting out laughing. Then how she describes the way to the hospital and crashing through the glass windows. I had to bite my lip to stop laughing. It was a good book but the ending wanted me to read the fifth and last book right away. Over all it was a good book.
Brittany
Aug 21, 2011 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica "Jess" Mastriani was never what anyone would call a normal girl, but ever since she was hit by lightning, she can find anyone if she sees a picture of them. Since getting this new talent, Jess' life was made miserable by the media and the military, so Jess pretended that she can't find anyone anymore and so is officially without powers. However, there are a few people that know she can find people and most of the people in town, as well as the FBI, are pretty sure that she is faking. So ...more
Irishgirl1247
Aug 27, 2013 Irishgirl1247 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, fantasy, fya
Re-read book 4

It's Thanksgiving! and like the Gilmores Jess has found her self invited to more than one Thanksgiving diner.

Ok only two, she's not quite the over achiever the Gilmore are.
But one is Rob's house, that has got to count for something right?
Wait what! Rob has actually invited her to a date like situation!?! Is this progress? Yes, Yes it is. and we are rewarded with a pretty awesome scene after dinner.

But before we get to that Jess has to endure dinner with her family, including cr
Chloe
I probably should've read the first three books first, but this book was the only one in the shop. So sue me.

16 y/o Jess has been constantly stalked by the FBI ever since a freak lightning bolt gave her psychic powers. Disliking her ability, Jess lies and says she has lost the power. But when (view spoiler), Jess knows she has to come out of 'hibernation' and save a kidnapped Jewish boy, wit
Kayla
This. Book. Was. So. Intense. From the first page, it had me hooked, and I finished this in a day and a half. Jess was especially witty, Rob seemed especially hot, and the entire thing fit into one action-packed book. Filled with angry motorcycle gangs, evil backwoods militia groups, and creepy FBI agents, this book will definitely have you on the edge of your seat.

I love Jess. She's a great female lead, telling the story with sarcasm that has me wanting to roll on the floor laughing. She's inde
Michelle. D.
Jul 30, 2011 Michelle. D. rated it it was amazing
Alida arabelle
Aug 07, 2015 Alida arabelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really cool and jolly book. Really missed meg cabot never knew such a book existed it was fun...I just loved jess and rob romance really sweet ...hmm psychic to find missing people pretty cool. Really love her carefree writing totally enjoyable.
Arra Abella
Mar 06, 2013 Arra Abella rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young Adult (girls)
The events in this fourth book were quite intense. There were a lot of action going on--gunfires, injuries, explosions, bumpy rides, etc. I might say it was one hell of an adventure, though it did not really give me the very thrilling feeling or excitement.
Vanessa
Apr 17, 2014 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Diandra
May 09, 2014 Diandra rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS SERIES I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT! It is an easy read, I read it when I was 12, but I loved it, and still reread it til this day.
Primadonna
Mar 28, 2008 Primadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: teenlit-ya
Not Cabot's best work. Predictable, cliche, and somehow the chemistry between Jess and Rob isn't that great. Still, I enjoyed it.
Tessa Palmeri
Jan 11, 2016 Tessa Palmeri rated it it was amazing
I love this series. It's a good take on being a teenager when weird things happen that change your life.
Piyumini Buddhika
Enjoyed it!
Melissa
Aug 10, 2016 Melissa rated it really liked it
Really good! Loved Rob and the Grits but poor Sean and Nate. Off to read the last one next
Mary
Feb 28, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing
wow this book was amasing DOUGLESS HAS A GIRLFRIEND
Heera Shetty
Jun 30, 2014 Heera Shetty rated it it was amazing
she finally told her parents,now it's going to get a little more interesting.
Jessica
Jan 26, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing
i LOVE this series. now if i could just get the third book...
NS
Jun 12, 2012 NS rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I'm in love with Rob. What else.
Nana
Oct 28, 2016 Nana rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, like
Oh, I really wish they did let Meg write 8 books instead of only 5. I feel like this series doesn't need to have a conclusion like The Mediator. It could go on and on with more adventures like the Nancy Drew series or something and I still wouldn't be bored. If I read the 5th, that's the end of it. Maybe I should postpone reading the 5th. They made a tv show surviving 3 seasons based on this book series. How could it not have sold better to allow Meg write 8 books instead of 5? Hhh...
Barbara
Oct 20, 2016 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Se Meg Cabot escrever mais 10 livros sobre Jessica Mastriani, eu lerei mais 10 livros sobre essa garota!!!!
Julie Lectures D'Une Nuit
Aug 23, 2015 Julie Lectures D'Une Nuit rated it it was amazing
Vous l’avez peut être remarqué, mais je poste de moins en moins vu que je suis en pleine phase « phase terminale des lectures obligatoires pour les cours ». Même si je continue à lire des livres qui m’intéressent, je dois avouer que je suis vite lassée ayant déjà 2h de lecture dans les pattes (et la lassitude de ces satanés romantiques qui font trainer l’intrigue en longueur avec leurs descriptions ^^). Comme je ne veux pas laisser tomber le blog, je vais tenter de chroniquer des livres que j’ai ...more
Tammy
Feb 18, 2010 Tammy rated it liked it
Karen Keyte
Apr 16, 2011 Karen Keyte rated it really liked it
Jess Mastriani, 'Lightning Girl' and heroine of three previous novels (When Lightning Strikes, Code Name Cassandra and Safe House) is back - and this time she's facing a truly evil foe. After thwarting a murderer at her own Ernie Pyle High School, Jess knows she's not going to be able to keep the Feds off her back for much longer. Even though they can't have any tangible proof, it's a given that the FBI agents who seem to haunt her every step know that Jess has been lying about losing her freaky ...more
Alex
At First Sight: Strange things are happening in Jess Mastriani's little town. First, her new neighbor Nate Thompkins goes missing and is later found dead on Thanksgiving; then the local synagogue is vandalized and another kid goes missing.

Jess doesn't want to get involved - she really only wanted to spend Thanksgiving with her almost-boyfriend Rob Wilkins and avoid her aunt Rose as much as possible - but when things start to point toward a local, crazy militia group, Jess decides that what happ
Heidi Hart
This 4th book in the 1-800-WHERE-R-YOU series picks up right where book 3 left off: Jess is still in high school, still possesses the psychic ability to find missing people after seeing their photos, still lusting after older-and-nominally-wiser Rob Wilkins, who is still resisting her because she's jailbait. As with the previous book in the series, Safe House, this book finds Jess and Rob in very serious danger when they go up against a white supremacist militia group responsible for killing and ...more
Sarah Crawford
Feb 03, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Another in the 1-800-Where-R-You series. A new doctor, a black man named Dr. Tompkins, and his family are recent immigrants to the town but his son has gone missing. His son ends up dead. Jessica also has a new person from the FBI watching her and that's a guy named Cyrus.

A symbol had been burned onto the murdered kid. Another kid goes missing and a synagogue is torched. Jessica accidentally outs herself to Cyrus, having discovered where a missing twelve-year-old boy is.

Rob recognizes the symbo
Kearalynn Cooper
Jun 16, 2011 Kearalynn Cooper rated it really liked it
Sanctuary was yet again an enjoyable read out of the series. It wasn't as enjoyable as the last book, mostly because the plot was predictable. As soon as the beginning of the story centered around the Mastriani's African American neighbors I knew this book would be about hate crimes. I think Meg got lazy on this one. She should have thrown a few curve balls in there before going, "okay this is a hate crime plot."

But I did like the subject matter, especially the part where even Jess herself has
Dromeda
Aug 17, 2010 Dromeda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
In SANCTUARY, Jessica Mastriani takes on a white supremacy group who has already killed her new neighbor's teenaged son. When the local authorities fail to rescue a young Jewish boy who has been kidnapped, Jess and her maybe-boyfriend Rob infiltrate the group to stage a rescue of their own. Can they rescue young Seth or will they all end up as bodies in a cornfield?

This was the first time in the series that I really wondered how Jess (and Rob) were going to pull things off without ending up dead
Paul
Mar 05, 2016 Paul rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery, paranormal
PLOT OR PREMISE:
Jess Mastriani got hit by lightning, and now she's psychic. So she's been calling in tips to the missing persons line and telling the feds where to find the kids. The FBI wants her to do more, but she told them she lost the gift (which of course they don't believe). And when a local kid shows up dead with strange militia markings on him, Jesse gets drawn into local militia groups and right-wing nuts in general, with the feds following along behind.
WHAT I LIKED:
Not much -- althou
BYU-Adolescent Li...: Sanctuary 1 1 Jun 03, 2013 11:24PM
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Sanctuary - (1-800 Where-R-U #4) 1 4 Feb 01, 2012 11:19AM
  • Platinum (Golden, #2)
  • Secrets (Fingerprints, #4)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • The Scarlet Letterman (Bard Academy, #2)
  • Twisted (Fearless, #4)
  • What Happens Here
  • Kisses and Lies (Scarlett Wakefield, #2)
  • Felix, Net i Nika oraz Pułapka Nieśmiertelności (Felix, Net i Nika, #4)
  • Flying High (Angels Unlimited, #3)
  • Angels on Sunset Boulevard (Angels on Sunset Boulevard, #1)
  • Violet Eyes (Violet Eyes, #1)
  • The Secret Life of Sparrow Delaney

More about Meg Cabot...

1-800-Where-R-You (5 books)
  • When Lightning Strikes (1-800-Where-R-You, #1)
  • Code Name Cassandra (1-800-Where-R-You, #2)
  • Safe House (1-800-Where-R-You, #3)
  • Missing You (1-800-Where-R-You, #5)

“The peace sign is with two fingers not one.” 285 likes
“Who-who are you?" Seth asked, hesitantly."Wh-what do you want?" How else was was I supposed to reply? The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them.I mean, I'd only seen the movie like seventeen times.
"I'm Luke Skywalker," I said. "I'm here to rescue you.”
34 likes