Start by marking “Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation: A Step-By-Step Guide” as Want to Read:
Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation: A Step-By-Step Guide

Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation: A Step-By-Step Guide

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This revision provides a step-by-step approach to making the thesis or dissertation process easier and more manageable.
Published March 16th 2005 by Corwin Publishers (first published April 2nd 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation

Star Shining Forever
This book is required for the TESC Capstone course. Intended for graduate theses or dissertations, it contains some information not specific to the undergrad work I'm doing. But there is lots of relevant info about writing papers like this, in the right format and style.
Terri Lynn
This guide is really useful whether you are writing a master's thesis or a doctoral dissertation but seemed geared mostly towards those in the education field and perhaps the social sciences of psychology and sociology. Those like myself in history find it a bit frustrating as our own research involves some radically different needs (we deal with the past, don't need to do experiments with people but deal with historical documents, etc). Still, there is some good advice here and helpful tips.
Steven Hankins
This book was a complete waste of money because everything was common sense. It was completely redundant with 4 chapters that state almost the the same content. The author wrote this book in a delirious drunken state just to get it over with, probably just like his dissertation. Actually, it took more than one author to write this trash?
Alyssa
Mar 25, 2013 Alyssa rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Graduate school students and beyond
Recommended to Alyssa by: TESC
This book was designed to guide a student through the process of writing a dissertation for graduate school or beyond, which was not what I was doing. Although there were some helpful tidbits in here, in general, it was not very helpful as I wrote my senior thesis paper for college. It might have been helpful if I was writing a 200-page paper, but it wasn't of much assistance while I was writing a 25-page one! Furthermore, the language used in the book was a bit confusing sometimes - it was hard ...more
McKenzie
This can be helpful for organizational approaches to an overwhelmingly large research project, but only if your institution and thesis director follow the same format.
Sp Baral
Sp Baral marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Rojina
Rojina marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Isabella Tugman
Isabella Tugman is currently reading it
Jun 05, 2015
Lisa Rapple
Lisa Rapple is currently reading it
May 30, 2015
Jannie Le
Jannie Le marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Maurissa Narine
Maurissa Narine marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Jonniese
Jonniese marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Carlos
Carlos marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Teri
Teri marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Loralai Whitacre
Loralai Whitacre marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Malamang Mali
Malamang Mali is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2015
George Duedu
George Duedu marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Emmanuel Asante
Emmanuel Asante marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Massuma
Massuma marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Principal As Curriculum Leader: Shaping What Is Taught & Tested Curriculum Leadership: Development and Implementation Publish or Perish - The Educator's Imperative: Strategies for Writing Effectively for Your Profession and Your School Performance Assessment and Standards-Based Curricula: The Achievement Cycle Performance Standards & Authentic Learning