Start by marking “Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation: A Step-By-Step Guide” as Want to Read:
Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation: A Step-By-Step Guide

Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation: A Step-By-Step Guide

This revision provides a step-by-step approach to making the thesis or dissertation process easier and more manageable.
Published March 16th 2005 by Corwin Publishers (first published April 2nd 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation

Star Shining Forever
This book is required for the TESC Capstone course. Intended for graduate theses or dissertations, it contains some information not specific to the undergrad work I'm doing. But there is lots of relevant info about writing papers like this, in the right format and style.
Terri Lynn
This guide is really useful whether you are writing a master's thesis or a doctoral dissertation but seemed geared mostly towards those in the education field and perhaps the social sciences of psychology and sociology. Those like myself in history find it a bit frustrating as our own research involves some radically different needs (we deal with the past, don't need to do experiments with people but deal with historical documents, etc). Still, there is some good advice here and helpful tips.
Steven Hankins
Jul 12, 2014 Steven Hankins rated it did not like it
This book was a complete waste of money because everything was common sense. It was completely redundant with 4 chapters that state almost the the same content. The author wrote this book in a delirious drunken state just to get it over with, probably just like his dissertation. Actually, it took more than one author to write this trash?
Alyssa
Mar 25, 2013 Alyssa rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Graduate school students and beyond
Recommended to Alyssa by: TESC
This book was designed to guide a student through the process of writing a dissertation for graduate school or beyond, which was not what I was doing. Although there were some helpful tidbits in here, in general, it was not very helpful as I wrote my senior thesis paper for college. It might have been helpful if I was writing a 200-page paper, but it wasn't of much assistance while I was writing a 25-page one! Furthermore, the language used in the book was a bit confusing sometimes - it was hard ...more
McKenzie
Mar 23, 2013 McKenzie rated it liked it
This can be helpful for organizational approaches to an overwhelmingly large research project, but only if your institution and thesis director follow the same format.
Mill
Mill marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Priyantha Weniwel
Priyantha Weniwel marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Claire Cuvier
Claire Cuvier rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Sha'Bria Johnson
Sha'Bria Johnson marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Kevin
Kevin added it
Jul 24, 2016
Kevin
Kevin rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Markus
Markus rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Grace Pigozzi
Grace Pigozzi rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Kait
Kait marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Kit Lange
Kit Lange rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
Brucejpearson
Brucejpearson rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Chris Chase
Chris Chase rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Valerie B. Sullivan
Valerie B. Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Linsey Sowa
Linsey Sowa rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
joseph
joseph rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Greta
Greta is currently reading it
Jan 18, 2016